• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Coincidences

MeanwoodHibee

Private Member
Reaction score
What are your favourite "What are the chances" stories? For 10 years, starting in 1994-95, I had a season ticket in the East stand, even though I was living in Leeds and could only attend 3 or 4 matches a season. It was just my way of supporting the club. My seat was in the very back row, AA 0054, so you could stand up for the whole match without obstructing anyone's view. It wasn't until the end of October that first season that I managed to get to my first match. I got a few "where have you been?" looks from the guys nearby and explained why I hadn't been occupying my seat. "Oh" says one, "we thought maybe somebody's partner had bought them a season ticket as a Christmas present and not given it to them yet." A few months later, my mum was chatting to the postman who was delivering mail to her West Edinburgh flat. She noticed he was wearing a woolly hat with a Hibs badge on it and said, "My son supports Hibs, he's got a season ticket but he doesn't go to many matches, because he lives in Leeds." And the postie says to her, "I know that guy, he has the seat next to mine in the East stand."

What are your favourite "What are the chances" stories? For 10 years, starting in 1994-95, I had a season ticket in the East stand, even though I was living in Leeds and could only attend 3 or 4 matches a season. It was just my way of supporting the club. My seat was in the very back row, AA 0054, so you could stand up for the whole match without obstructing anyone's view. It wasn't until the end of October that first season that I managed to get to my first match. I got a few "where have you been?" looks from the guys nearby and explained why I hadn't been occupying my seat. "Oh" says one, "we thought maybe somebody's partner had bought them a season ticket as a Christmas present and not given it to them yet." A few months later, my mum was chatting to the postman who was delivering mail to her West Edinburgh flat. She noticed he was wearing a woolly hat with a Hibs badge on it and said, "My son supports Hibs, he's got a season ticket but he doesn't go to many matches, because he lives in Leeds." And the postie says to her, "I know that guy, he has the seat next to mine in the East stand."
Brilliant!

I posted a new thread about Big Ron in General Hibs yesterday, not something I do everyday. About how he has picked a fine time to start..

Next day he's only up and issuing blimming 'Statements' on the fishy site!

My mind is doing overtime imagining my next move...

Away back in the 80s, I was at college in Dublin.My sister was at the same college, and I had another sister who lived in Dublin.There was one day,when I was idling near two rows of payphones, maybe four on each side of a wall,one of them started to ring, so I decided to answer it.To the shock of both myself and the caller, it was my sister who lived in Dublin, who was trying to ring my college sister .Turns out, at some point, the college sister had previously rung the other sister from that payphone and must have been running out of coin, so had given the other the payphone number, to call her back.Time then passed, and whenever non college sister wanted to ring college sister at her home address, she believed that the payphone number was, in fact, college sister's home number.I just happened to be near the payphones when she made the mistake, and decided for want of something better to do, to answer it.

I sat in the exact same seat at Hampden two games in a row, for the Ross County league cup and the Dundee Utd semi. Didn't select it, just the way it happened.

Believe it or not, I was just flicking through channels and caught a couple of minutes of the voice. Got me thinking about all the you tube responses where people say...they don't make music like that anymore, or we will never see the likes again etc etc Anyway it got me thinking about who wrote their own songs, wjhat groups were manufactured etc, and for some reason The Monkees came into my head. I then immediately flicked to channel 4 and first thing I saw was ….3 Monkeys!! War for the Planet of the apes was on! Freaky!! Though not especially riveting

My ex cheated on me with a guy who was cheating on his burd. Said burd is now my mrs met roughly a year later and wasn't until we had been together a year we realised this coincidence.

I travelled to THE cup final with my sis and bro in law. Myself and young lad had different stand tickets than them , but on the way out, amongst the mass over exuberance, They were the first people I met leaving the shitehole!!!!!

In 1992 myself and @tricky and a couple of other mates made the pretty odd decision to go on holiday to The Gambia ??. No Ibiza or Maga for us. Went to a hotel called The Palma Rima hotel (still going) and stayed in wee bungalows in their gardens. Was pretty chilled. Over the path in another bungalow was a family of 4, mum, dad and two girls maybe 14 or 15...we were 18 so didn’t really pay much attention except the usual pleasantries 4 stoners were capable of- so not much.
Fast forward to September 95 and I’m in Corfu with my now wife on our first holiday together. Minding my own business having a beer by the pool doing my best to be cool AF for my missus. An attractive young lady walks over to me and asks, ‘excuse me, we’re you in The Gambia ?? 3 years ago with your mates? Me and my sister fancied all of you but you were always stoned and laughing’....from Gambia to Greece...

I travelled to THE cup final with my sis and bro in law. Myself and young lad had different stand tickets than them , but on the way out, amongst the mass over exuberance, They were the first people I met leaving the shitehole!!!!!
Wow that reminds me,
On the Friday before the 2016 cup final me and the mrs were in the bank seeing a mortgage advisor about moving our mortgage. Anyways, guy was a Hibby, had a ticket for the game..
last thing he said as we shook hands was “maybe see you tomorrow” we both laughed thinking aye no bother...
I walked through the turnstiles and there he was, waiting on his dad coming through.. shook his hand, a wee bit banter.... the rest is history

In 1992 myself and @tricky and a couple of other mates made the pretty odd decision to go on holiday to The Gambia ??. No Ibiza or Maga for us. Went to a hotel called The Palma Rima hotel (still going) and stayed in wee bungalows in their gardens. Was pretty chilled. Over the path in another bungalow was a family of 4, mum, dad and two girls maybe 14 or 15...we were 18 so didn’t really pay much attention except the usual pleasantries 4 stoners were capable of- so not much.
Fast forward to September 95 and I’m in Corfu with my now wife on our first holiday together. Minding my own business having a beer by the pool doing my best to be cool AF for my missus. An attractive young lady walks over to me and asks, ‘excuse me, we’re you in The Gambia ?? 3 years ago with your mates? Me and my sister fancied all of you but you were always stoned and laughing’....from Gambia to Greece...
Thats quality..... now, as a self medicator.... wtf was the herb like in gambia???

I worked in Jakarta, Indonesia in the 90's and spent many a night in Mamma's Kitchen Pub after work. A boy came in and out the boozer a few times and I thought, I ken his face. This went on for a few weeks, before he comes up to me and asks if we know each other. He is Scottish, I ask him where he from, Edinburgh, ohh me too, school did he go to, nope different schools, the obvious one, what team do you support, Hibs says I, Dunfemline says he. Finally we get round to where we lived in Edinburgh. I had sold up but my last flat was at 131 Montgomery Street on the corner of Easter Road. Him too, we had lived in the stair and knew each other by grunting awrite/ morning at each other for a couple of years as we passed on the stair!

Thats quality..... now, as a self medicator.... wtf was the herb like in gambia???
It's 20 years since I've smoked weed, but from memory it was pungent, plentiful and very very cheap. We had a gardener who would arrive each morning with masses of the stuff. We made wigs and comedy moustaches out of it.

It's 20 years since I've smoked weed, but from memory it was pungent, plentiful and very very cheap. We had a gardener who would arrive each morning with masses of the stuff. We made wigs and comedy moustaches out of it.
Get back out of your hard-won straightness and try and remember if it was any good and describe the blast it gave as compared to what you usually smoked at the time?

Ehm, askin for a friend like...:gigglle:

All the cash I spend normally is in the pub and they're obviously shut so I've not spent anything. Except

Earlier on in the lockdown I was sent by my wife to buy an essential bottle of wine and I spent £1 on sweeties!

So that was my one and only spend.

Yesterday, while doing the weekly shop, I found a £1 coin!

I've not been to a hole in the wall the end of February!!!!

Was seeing a lass named Sara who was let's say taken. Ended it as she wouldn't leave her current situation. A few years later I'm driving to Indiana and Sara's Smile by Hall and Oats comes on the radio. About an hour later I got a text out the blue from her.

Many years ago my then bidie in persuaded me that we should go to the Bahamas. I was working in Morningside at the time and I went in to the sports shop next to my work to buy a pair of trainers for my holidays. Anyway, off me and her went on holiday. Got settled in to our hotel room then decided to go out for a wander. We left the room and as we did so the door to the next room opened and out stepped a couple one of whom was the boy who had sold me the trainers.

I have a double decker for you.

Back in 2000, I moved to Glasgow and was sharing a flat with a friend of a friend. We had a spare room and a girl from Lisburn in Norn Iron moved in. Her folks came over to visit a couple of times and her mum explained that she had been a primary school teacher before retirement.

Fast forward about 4 years and I was living amongst 20m others in Tokyo. On New Year’s Eve my mates and I went out on the lash. We met a group of Irish folk in a pub and I got talking to one of the girls. Turned out she had gone to school in Lisburn and had been taught by my old flat mate’s mum. ?

Several drinks later a couple of the girls ended up back at the flat I shared with two other lads, neither of whom were there. There were a couple of photos of the other lads in the living room and the girl from Lisburn was able to identify and name one of them because they had sat next to each other on a flight to Japan 6 MONTHS BEFORE!

One of my distant Australian relatives lived in London in early 70s, turned a corner walking along road one morning and someone lands on him having jumped off a building in a suicide attempt, he breaks their fall but dislocated shoulder etc
Over 30 years later he is touring Europe and is in Greece, chatting to lady at next sun lounger and guess who it is..

Nana Mouskouri?

One of my distant Australian relatives lived in London in early 70s, turned a corner walking along road one morning and someone lands on him having jumped off a building in a suicide attempt, he breaks their fall but dislocated shoulder etc
Over 30 years later he is touring Europe and is in Greece, chatting to lady at next sun lounger and guess who it is..

That's some trippy shit!

Nana Mouskouri?
Lucky it wasnt Demis Roussos!

Who wiz it

So there we were at the front door, me and Mrs Jackie chattering in the sun.

As a small colony of seagulls :077: flew overhead I said to Jackie 'I don't think there's as many of these as usual' along with a general hatred of the noisy fuckers!

Just at that moment one of the bastards dropped a full load bang centre on the top of my napper!

As a small colony of seagulls :077: flew overhead I said to Jackie 'I don't think there's as many of these as usual' along with a general hatred of the noisy fuckers!

Just at that moment one of the bastards dropped a full load bang centre on the top of my napper!
A seagull shit on ma mates heid a couple of weeks ago. I asked him if he wanted a tissue and he said, fuckoff it’ll be miles away by now.?

@Dub

On only 3 occasions in the past 15 years have I found myself with shopping bags visibly overflowing with leeks and in need of a taxi (leek and tattie pie by the way), and on those three occasions I have been picked up by the same Dublin taxi driver - who mentioned this on the third time, as he obviously thought I was some sort of leek psycho

This thread has been viewed 2704 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back