• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Club Communications - The Owner, Leeann Dempster & Graeme Mathie

Smurf

Private Member
Reaction score
Our owner has been in the country 10 days. He arrived with the club in a bit of a crisis and now we have sacked our manager with no quotes from anyone within the club in their obviously rushed media statement. It would be good if we could hear from our owner in depth on his plans, strategy and hopes before he flies back across the pond?

Our owner has been in the country 10 days. He arrived with the club in a bit of a crisis and now we have sacked our manager with no quotes from anyone within the club in their obviously rushed media statement. It would be good if we could hear from our owner in depth on his plans, strategy and hopes before he flies back across the pond?

I think we will in the coming days. Manager in first must be priority.

I think we will in the coming days. Manager in first must be priority.

I will be surprised if we appoint the new guy before Ron goes back over the pond??

I will be surprised if we appoint the new guy before Ron goes back over the pond??

No sure of his schedule dude so couldn't really comnent on that.

The fact we have heard almost nothing I think is because they want to appoint someone this week? Would lean towards it being Ross, and maybe he was spoken to over the last couple of weeks.
Or maybe Archie Paton has been doing some of his consultancy?!

I really don't want another rushed appointment - or an appointemnt made on the QT while H-B was still in post. This one needs to be the right one, and surely we can count on May, Murray and Whittaker not to make a complet cock-up of things for a couyple of games?

Even a half-sensible team selection wouyld be a big advance on what's been going on recently.

I doubt if we will hear any 'in depth' anything to be honest. It's not what football clubs do - unless they were building a training centre, or new stadium for instance. It will be the usual 'aiming for a league position as high as possible/regular eurospot/silverwear' stuff.
And of course that will be met with the tedious 'lack of ambition' response from some.
I reckon there will be work going on just now on a shiny wee powerpoint presentation for the AGM. We will get some 'big news' about plans to re-vamp our pretty hopeless Commercial stuff, how a massive 'indoor pitch' under a dome will make training so much better, how we are all 'in it together' and since the pies are free how about ponying up lads and lassies?

It's arguable whether detailed comms just now would re-assure the support, or because we are still grumpy (ragin' in some cases) would just be picked apart and rubbished. I suspect the latter.

So....... I'm not confident that you will get what you're hoping for Smurf.

I really don't want another rushed appointment - or an appointemnt made on the QT while H-B was still in post. This one needs to be the right one, and surely we can count on May, Murray and Whittaker not to make a complet cock-up of things for a couyple of games?

Even a half-sensible team selection wouyld be a big advance on what's been going on recently.

Heckingbottom wasn’t a rushed appointment? There were weeks of interviews. And all big clubs speak to people on the QT when things start going south, so personally Id be disappointed if we weren’t doing that.

It will be the usual 'aiming for a league position as high as possible/regular eurospot/silverwear' stuff.
And of course that will be met with the tedious 'lack of ambition' response from some.
All for it meself...

silver-suit.jpeg

All for it meself...

silver-suit.jpeg

Subconscious typo...………...

1426875173662-tinfoil_hat2.gif

CLUB UPDATE | RON GORDON

CLUB UPDATE | LEEANN DEMPSTER

CLUB UPDATE | GRAEME MATHIE

like buses :grinning-smiley-045:

At work so can't easily watch/listen at the minute. Would somebody be so kind as to summarise the 3 videos once they've watched them please?

Excellent. Not listened yet but this is what we need. Communications!! #GGTTH

At work so can't easily watch/listen at the minute. Would somebody be so kind as to summarise the 3 videos once they've watched them please?

transcripts here K.

Easy to say now but what forward planning was there when the supporters identified the problem months ago yet everyone on the board it seems sit like the three wise monkeys. It's almost mid November and the team need proper leadership ASAP not in another month or two.
Agreed, should have been done sooner and we could have and should have moved on by now, hopefully winnae take too long tae get somebody in.

Ron interviews very well I thought, Leeann has had her views shot down I reckon, I think she would have got rid of them weeks ago, Graeme Mathie, nothing to write home about,they all agree that we are in a desperate situation and lots of work needs down to get us out of it. GGTTH

Graeme Mathie is the interesting one - his one is worth a listen - although it sounded at one point suspiciously like he was highlighting fine sporting margins and "luck". Hopefully that's just the emotional attachment to PHB and RS because they worked so hard to make it a success and ultimately didn't.

What I've learned from nearly 50 years of watching football, rule number 1:

The team that scores the most goals wins, and everything else is just chatter.

Mathie was the most concerning interview for me

He speaks well so I can see why he got the job but to say he didn't see The Dud getting sacked is beyond me

Also take some responsibilty for the recruitment

All good positive interviews.

I've no doubt the club recognises that we need good recruitment in January. Naturally it'll be up to the new coach but a good half dozen need to be onto their agents to leave in January.

Mathie was the most concerning interview for me

He speaks well so I can see why he got the job but to say he didn't see The Dud getting sacked is beyond me

Also take some responsibilty for the recruitment

Have only read the transcript, not listened to the interview in full - did he really say that? (Obviously not "the Dud" bit but the rest?)

Reactions: Zab
Doesn't sound like a new manager appointment is imminent.....
By the end of the month says Ms Dempster.

Doesn't sound like a new manager appointment is imminent....
By the end of the month says Ms Dempster.

I’d be surprised if someone isn’t appointed before the Motherwell game on 23rd, no massive rush before then with the international break coming. They have to get this appointment right, 2 out 3 have been successful appointments so I have a bit of faith that they will.

All at once, aren't they all keen all of a sudden.

I’m currently at no fucks given right now :coffeepc:

Mathie's interview was definitely one to cause concern. It was like he was trying to claim we'd been unlucky in a few matches. It's worrying if someone in a football position can't see that we've been rubbish all season. I don't expect him to come out and say that, but please don't insult the support by hinting at we've just been unlucky with 'fine margins' drivel.

I liked what Gordon and Dempster had to say, even if I think the club should know by now who to go after because this should have been in planning weeks before they got rid of Heckingbottom as they knew it was coming.

Mathie's interview was definitely one to cause concern. It was like he was trying to claim we'd been unlucky in a few matches. It's worrying if someone in a football position can't see that we've been rubbish all season. I don't expect him to come out and say that, but please don't insult the support by hinting at we've just been unlucky with 'fine margins' drivel.

I liked what Gordon and Dempster had to say, even if I think the club should know by now who to go after because this should have been in planning weeks before they got rid of Heckingbottom as they knew it was coming.

Unlucky that we didn't get a decent manager and some players who were up to winning some games maybe

Onwards and upwards we go ?

Well, I think results wise we have been a little unlucky and fine margins and all that. However as you say we've been playing shite and when you're playing shite these fine margins invariably go against you.

Looking forward to what they represent to us in December.

I get the impression Mathie will always try to paint a positive picture of things. What he says behind the scenes will probably be very different - ultimately he’s been part of the decision making process to sack Hecky, so he knows it’s not all down to bad luck.

Big/little Ron said:
That is all going to come together in the strategic plan that we hope to have completed by the end of this year. My goal is to present it to the board by the end of December and then share it with our supporters and shareholders at the start of next year.

Do we think this means the AGM will early next year?

We do.

likely given the notice period required and date we’re on now. I’ll bet around Mid January J.

Graeme Mathie is the interesting one - his one is worth a listen - although it sounded at one point suspiciously like he was highlighting fine sporting margins and "luck". Hopefully that's just the emotional attachment to PHB and RS because they worked so hard to make it a success and ultimately didn't.

What I've learned from nearly 50 years of watching football, rule number 1:

The team that scores the most goals wins, and everything else is just chatter.

As Danny Blanchflower said, "the best team always wins". By which he meant who cares about anything else except that.

This thread has been viewed 4367 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back