CJD incubation

Did anyone watch the programme on BBC2 tonight? I caught only the last 10 mins but it was bloody scary! Because of greed for cheaper ways to feed animals and produce meat, cows were fed meat and crushed bones etc culminating in mad cow disease. 178 known deaths have occurred since the outbreak in the 90s...some people infected of course may have died already of something else. But scientists admit the incubation period could be up to 50 years before symptoms take place. They are pretty sure many people are living their life unaware that in time they will suddenly trigger the man made disease which will prove fatal. So bad is it that anyone over the age of about 38 (if they lived in UK between 1980-92 or close to that) cannot give blood in a foreign country because of the risk of incubation!

I watched most of it,folk donating blood in the UK were unwittingly passing it on....

Your genetics determine the incubation period.

No wonder they started putting horsemeat in on the sly.

Chester Perry

That’s a downer, I was gonna nip over to Italy to donate some blood.

It’s the chlorinated chicken I’m really looking forward to though.

That’s a downer, I was gonna nip over to Italy to donate some blood.

It’s the chlorinated chicken I’m really looking forward to though.
Will make a change from the green dye being bleached out:wondering:

cabbage

Red Rose Radge
Was this not traced back to a pig farm in Belgium - feeding cow brains and spines to pigs.

cabbage

Red Rose Radge
Was this not traced back to a pig farm in Belgium - feeding cow brains and spines to pigs.
That actually might have been the foot and mouth outbreak around the same time

KABULHIBBY

That actually might have been the foot and mouth outbreak around the same time
From memory, the ground zero was a pig farm in the north east of England, I do remember but don't want to get the board into trouble by directing the exact location.

I do know that we had to close it down and various Ministry types were all over it like a sniffer dog on a drug mule.

BSE, as far as I know, was never given a pinpoint location but it was only restricted to the UK and, IMO, was partly the same root cause of F&M when the Government closed local slaughterhouses.

I received a blood transfusion 15 or so years ago and haven't been allowed to donate blood since because of the CJD scare.

I'm fully aware there are those on here who were monitoring me for some form of madness anyway and a few that think I'm there already!

I'm not convinced the threat is genuine moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo. Moo moo moo moo moo. !O!

Loady bull.

I received a blood transfusion 15 or so years ago and haven't been allowed to donate blood since because of the CJD scare.

I'm fully aware there are those on here who were monitoring me for some form of madness anyway and a few that think I'm there already!

I'm not convinced the threat is genuine moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo. Moo moo moo moo moo. !O!
Stop milking it.

**** The Gunts
I have given blood since 1970. The Shop Stewards in SAI Leith Docks of whom I was Convenor made sure that the Blood Transfusion folk were accommodated with there bus, and that there was splendid turn out, workers from Fisons attended too adjacent to SAI. Almost 50 years now. My blood group is a spledid rarish one that any person who is toiling can receive. I mean anyone. No comparability needed. Hope it has helped someone over the decades. I have absolutely no doubt that it has. Will be back up next week. My splendid 85 year auld ma lives one street doon in sheltered. Give blood, make my mother's tea. She put up with my dad calling me Gordon after his hero Gordon Smith , which she still chortles about 65 years later.

Hectorhib

NHS have issued a statement that, this winter, anyone trembling and shaking violently need not be alarmed....they could just be Friesian

Hectorhib

The statement went on to urge the public not to put pressure on hospitals during cold snaps just because they " felt like a Jersey"

Hibs v Ross County