• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Chocolate

NGP

A message to you, radge
Private Member
Reaction score
We have had beer, whisky, wine, chips, crisps and kebabs discussed.
I can't recall chocolate alone being a topic here (my memory is poor, but let's start again).
Double Decker, a barry confectionary
Mars, classic, great from the fridge
Cadbury Caramel, forget the bunny, a fine sweet delight
Starbar, you may as well deep fry this f*cker to perfect it's unhealthy quality.
Strange thing is I don't have great sweet tooth, but it's the cheap chocolate bar that I go for.
What's the bounce bar of choice?

70% to 80% cocoa solids dark, origin and make not too fussed about. The stuff mentioned above in the original post isnae chocolate in my opinion.

BIG G

Had my niece staying over so got some choccies in. Ate a Picnic bar for the first time in yonks. It was barry. Also had a peppermint Aero. That was braw tae. I then started eating the bairn's mini Wispa's.....and then her Dorito's.....and then her sweet & salty popcorn!!! I couldnae stop man! This buckin babysitting malarkey is making me fat(ter) :(

So my fave is probably a feckin selection box. I am beefy and I am a greedy fat basturt :think:

Congrats. You have won the 'random fúckin radge post o the week' internet award.

Ah luv it!

PS Stop tryin to eat your way forward at the expense of your familee!

Reactions: NGP
Never really been a chocolate fan but had a Cadbury dark milk the other day and it changed my life.

Dark chocolate Bounty food of the gods

Almost any chocolate except except Galaxy really.

Finding a Caramac in the shops is quite rare so I'll probably buy half a dozen and put them in the fridge for as long as I can resist them.

Hot chocolate. At home only Cadbury. MSC (cruise line) do a hot chocolate menu in one of the hot drink bars. MInty, orange etc. whaow! I think they make it with double cream. I made hot chocolate with double cream when we had some left over once - it was very close. I've got 26 days of overdoing it very soon :cooly:

Dark chocolate is barry with a cuppa.

Anyone remember the coconut Boost you used to get? Still enjoy a Boost but the coconut one was better.

A Frys Cream is the bollocks, though I miss that one they did with the five different flavours in each segment.

Definitely prefer dark chocolate or bars with dark chocolate in them: Bournville, Marzipan Ritter Sport, Raspberry Ruffle...

Right I'm off to the shop.

A Frys Cream is the bollocks, though I miss that one they did with the five different flavours in each segment.

Definitely prefer dark chocolate or bars with dark chocolate in them: Bournville, Marzipan Ritter Sport, Raspberry Ruffle...

Right I'm off to the shop.

Mate Cadburys dark milk honestly best chocolate bar I've ever had.

Partial to a Twix myself..

Great thread. Refreshing to read something that really matters.

I confess I eat too many sweeties and biscuits - can’t get through the day without something sweet truth be told.

Particular favourites are Mint Aero and Smarties (I know..). Cadbury was ruined when they were bought by the yanks (ain’t that always the way?). I used to be partial to a bit of the old fruit and nut but I bought one the other day and it was bogging.

Top of the sweet evolutionary tree are peanut M&Ms because they’re one of your five a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NGP

This wee shop at 102 Leith Walk has many of the Retro sweeties mentioned. My indulgence is a quarter of their whole roasted coffee beans covered in dark chocolate. Splendid. I have been known to go radge and buy MB bars, Chelsea Whoppers and quarter bags of, Cinnamon Balls, Rhubarb Rock, Toffee Peanuts in the shape of a Monkey Nut or Berwick Cockles. The Coffee Beans in Dark Chocolate are best though. I have just talked myself into poping in before the game.

BIG G

View attachment 658

This wee shop at 102 Leith Walk has many of the Retro sweeties mentioned. My indulgence is a quarter of their whole roasted coffee beans covered in dark chocolate. Splendid. I have been known to go radge and buy MB bars, Chelsea Whoppers and quarter bags of, Cinnamon Balls, Rhubarb Rock, Toffee Peanuts in the shape of a Monkey Nut or Berwick Cockles. The Coffee Beans in Dark Chocolate are best though. I have just talked myself into poping in before the game.

BIG G
Their Irn Bru hard boiled sweets went out in my luggsge to Italy recently for an exiled Leith pal of mine.

Ritter Sport - Mint

Hard to find here so always plunder the Ritter shelf when on holiday abroad.

Agree with big G on this, alot of these aren't chocolate.

But, I'll join in.
I enjoy a picnic, Starbars, snickers.... Anything with peanuts apparently ha!

Prefer galaxy to dairy milk, but since cooking I've found a taste for proper 70% stuff.

That Greens Organic stuff is excellent if you like the real thing.

I liked the utterly fucking bizarre advert for the Aztec bar, with bams fae possibly Hamilton or Hackney giving it hak hoo,ya ya ,shit dressed in full fucking headress .If any fucker on here can remember that. Splendid..

I liked the utterly fucking bizarre advert for the Aztec bar, with bams fae possibly Hamilton or Hackney giving it hak hoo,ya ya ,shit dressed in full fucking headress .If any fucker on here can remember that. Splendid..
I dont remember the adverts but did Aztec bars came in a purple wrapper and taste a bit like a Milky way crossed with the middle of a Mars Bar with a load of raisins thrown in and covered in duotone chocolate?

quite strange i spotted a carton of stuff called 'Cocoa Plus' in my mum's cupboard yesterday and I thought 'I'm going to try that' would make a nice change from tea or coffee,just add one scoop to cold water and stir it says,but I tried it with hot water and it's fine.The first cup I put sugar in and then thought I'd leave out the sugar and it makes a satisfying chocolate drink.Suitable for Vegans too it says.Made by a firm called Bio Tek,got off zitelli.Now a chocolate thread turns up.

Aztecs and also remember Amazins- a raisin and mousse filled chocolate bar.

Attachments

• download.jpeg.jpg
    download.jpeg.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
Worst chocolate ever? A Hershey Bar!!!

American chocolate is terrible almost full stop. Sure there'll be some decent, but you're right. Hershey is right up there.

Dark chocolate Bounty food of the gods
Big fan of these, cannae find them many places, but luckily the half way house at kilspindie holds a stock so will get one tomorrow

Green & Blacks has to be chocolate for Hibees

For a day to day sugar rush, it’s Anything with peanuts or a chunky kit kat.

Dark chocolate mint creams or Ferrero Rocher at Christmas and birthdays.

We have had beer, whisky, wine, chips, crisps and kebabs discussed.
I can't recall chocolate alone being a topic here (my memory is poor, but let's start again).
Double Decker, a barry confectionary
Mars, classic, great from the fridge
Cadbury Caramel, forget the bunny, a fine sweet delight
Starbar, you may as well deep fry this f*cker to perfect it's unhealthy quality.
Strange thing is I don't have great sweet tooth, but it's the cheap chocolate bar that I go for.
What's the bounce bar of choice?
I used to love Cabana bars. Can't remember who made them probably Cadbury. They had a blue wrapper milk chocolate on outside and coconut and cherry on inside. 'kin magic.
Also loved Caramac but think they have changed the recipe cos find them too sweet now.
While we are on the subject, when did waggon wheels become wheel barrow wheels.l know they say the world's become a smaller place but come on!

American sweets in general are awful. Everything tastes so artificial.

Great thread. Refreshing to read something that really matters.

I confess I eat too many sweeties and biscuits - can’t get through the day without something sweet truth be told.

Particular favourites are Mint Aero and Smarties (I know..). Cadbury was ruined when they were bought by the yanks (ain’t that always the way?). I used to be partial to a bit of the old fruit and nut but I bought one the other day and it was bogging.

Top of the sweet evolutionary tree are peanut M&Ms because they’re one of your five a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one to which you used to be partial is the one I probably like the least, especially the Morelos variety of "Foot and Nut" !!

American sweets in general are awful. Everything tastes so artificial.

There's a chocolate shop in San Francisco called Ghirardelli. It's a must stop chocolate shop if you're there!

There's a chocolate shop in San Francisco called Ghirardelli. It's a must stop chocolate shop if you're there!

Ah, I'm assuming they are a proper chocolate shop though.

I was meaning your newsagent/supermarket checkout stuff.

Ah, I'm assuming they are a proper chocolate shop though.

I was meaning your newsagent/supermarket checkout stuff.
They are but I think you can find their products in good shops around the country.

This thread has been viewed 3917 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50