• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Chinese Takeaways

The__Proclaimer

LEGEND!!
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
May as well keep the junk food threads going after the kebab and pastry love-ins recently.

Getting a Chinese tonight. I usually avoid at all costs cos they either turn out to be something you could easy make yourself but worse or sugary sweet which you get sick off halfway thru. My Mrs loves them tho so biting the bullet for our annual oriental feast. What annoys me is Chinese joints don't offer the lavish descriptions like you get on an Indian takeaway menu so nearly always get disappointed with the order.

Anyone got any recommendations for really tasty main meals? Preference for spicy and think nuts should be a bar snack not part of a hot meal. Also if anyone knows the best Chinese takeaway in the north Edinburgh radius I'd take that recommendation too.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
May as well keep the junk food threads going after the kebab and pastry love-ins recently.

Getting a Chinese tonight. I usually avoid at all costs cos they either turn out to be something you could easy make yourself but worse or sugary sweet which you get sick off halfway thru. My Mrs loves them tho so biting the bullet for our annual oriental feast. What annoys me is Chinese joints don't offer the lavish descriptions like you get on an Indian takeaway menu so nearly always get disappointed with the order.

Anyone got any recommendations for really tasty main meals? Preference for spicy and think nuts should be a bar snack not part of a hot meal. Also if anyone knows the best Chinese takeaway in the north Edinburgh radius I'd take that recommendation too.
Try Thai. Street Box in Raeburn place [01313320031] does deliver but I'm not sure how far they go and the food is definitely spicy and not gloopy like some chinese food can be.

The__Proclaimer

LEGEND!!
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Try Thai. Street Box in Raeburn place [01313320031] does deliver but I'm not sure how far they go and the food is definitely spicy and not gloopy like some chinese food can be.
I really like Thai but Mrs has a hatred of lemmongrass and coconut so rarely get the opportunity to savour it.

Dub

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I really like Thai but Mrs has a hatred of lemmongrass and coconut so rarely get the opportunity to savour it.
Oh well, back to square one :roll:

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
I don't often get a Chinese takeaway either but when I do I usually go for deep fried crispy shredded chicken in a chilli & honey sauce with chilli & salt chips.

I get it from the Tiger Inn in Wallyford which will probably be too far for you but there's another one on/near Milton Road which may deliver to you.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Tiger In at Eastfield is average imo, hits exactly the points the op is looking to avoid...which I actually think is nearly impossible with Chinese food....MSG is the thing they use I think. There might be a chinese in either Albert or Iona Street that doesn't use it, but I can't mind it name.

The__Proclaimer

LEGEND!!
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Know it's not a takeaway but if it comes up on Groupon again bite their hand off to take up Chop Chop's unlimited banquet offer. Food isn't that greasy MSG fest you usually get at a Chinese and their dumplings are absolutely exquisite.

They bring it to table as and when dish is ready and can order as many times as you like. Million miles away from a Jimmy Chungs buffet.

Dub

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Know it's not a takeaway but if it comes up on Groupon again bite their hand off to take up Chop Chop's unlimited banquet offer. Food isn't that greasy MSG fest you usually get at a Chinese and their dumplings are absolutely exquisite.

They bring it to table as and when dish is ready and can order as many times as you like. Million miles away from a Jimmy Chungs buffet.
I'm pretty sure Karens Unicorn in Abercromby Place is MSG free. It was when they had a shop in my street so probably still is. Not sure about deliveries but it might be worth a shout.

The__Proclaimer

LEGEND!!
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Don't want to come across as an ungrateful sod but it's more the dishes I'm interested in rather than the establishments - we're spoiled for choice in Edinburgh.

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I've no idea about meat dishes but the veggie ones at Loon Fung are the best in Edinburgh.

Also, all my meat pals love the meat dishes there too.

Lemon chicken, shu mai, ribs, wafer paper prawns are ones that spring to mind for the carnivorous.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I've no idea about meat dishes but the veggie ones at Loon Fung are the best in Edinburgh.

Also, all my meat pals love the meat dishes there too.

Lemon chicken, shu mai, ribs, wafer paper prawns are ones that spring to mind for the carnivorous.
The meat dishes are no very good, I took a chicken dish back and told the chef it was rubbery, he said Fank u velly much!

Well somebody had tae tell it :rascal:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
The meat dishes are no very good, I took a chicken dish back and told the chef it was rubbery, he said Fank u velly much!

Well somebody had tae tell it :rascal:
Reported.

The trouble with Chinese jokes is that an hour later you'll fancy another one.

And still be disappointed.

Chicken with green peppers and black bean sauce.
With fried rice or boiled rice if the missus can hear me ordering.

Sauzee's Teeth

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Reported.

The trouble with Chinese jokes is that an hour later you'll fancy another one.

And still be disappointed.

Chicken with green peppers and black bean sauce.
With fried rice or boiled rice if the missus can hear me ordering.
The trouble with Chinese jokes is that they all sound the same.

:lookaround:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I phoned upto complain once, I asked tae speak tae the manager, the guy on the other end said sum ting Wong? I said if he's the manager then aye.
Nearly half an hour later:rascal:

egb_hibs

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Take two - now on right thread;

If you don't want msg sauce id recommend salt and pepper or salt and chilli dishes (same thing named differently in different places). Crispy battered chicken / prawn / whatever in savoury mix of chilli, spring onion, salt. I'm also a big fan of shredded beef in chilli sauce.

Agree with you about chop chop especially dumplings - worth looking for them on other menus but check cos it can mean very different things to the ravioli style dumpling.

In north Edinburgh Id recommend China palace in Bernard street if you were taking the missus for a sit in - not sure if they do takeaway but they almost certainly do.

Sauzee's Teeth

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
I reckon my Mrs secretly reads the Bounce as when I got home from work she said she really fancied a Chinese tonight. Spooky.

Tatie

Hamesick Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Monthly Radge
Take two - now on right thread;

If you don't want msg sauce id recommend salt and pepper or salt and chilli dishes (same thing named differently in different places). Crispy battered chicken / prawn / whatever in savoury mix of chilli, spring onion, salt. I'm also a big fan of shredded beef in chilli sauce.

Agree with you about chop chop especially dumplings - worth looking for them on other menus but check cos it can mean very different things to the ravioli style dumpling.

In north Edinburgh Id recommend China palace in Bernard street if you were taking the missus for a sit in - not sure if they do takeaway but they almost certainly do.
good shout china palace mate . Myself and mrs T love the place , and they do do takeaways.

Wannabehibee

Bounced Out!
Anyone know of good chinese takeaway down lochend way? Gutted when the one beside lochend inn closed down last month, tried a couple of others but crap so far.

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Hope all goes well, all the best to you and your future Mrs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in