• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Celtc Ticket Costs

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I see we are matching Celtc in our costs for next Wednesday's visit of the lesser. £31 to £35 for an adult walk up ticket.

Hmmm starting to feel counter productive these increased ticket prices at ER. We are already seeing reduced crowd numbers and our home displays are not exactly scintillating to get folk flocking back

My mate was looking to get a ticket in the west upper for the Dundee Utd game, £32 for a walk up. Seems very expensive

Hmmm starting to feel counter productive these increased ticket prices at ER. We are already seeing reduced crowd numbers and our home displays are not exactly scintillating to get folk flocking back
Agreed. .... There will be a hike on Season Tickets tae. Fitba is certainly becoming middle class shite

Agreed. .... There will be a hike on Season Tickets tae. Fitba is certainly becoming middle class shite

The only people who get hurt on the tit for tat ticket increases are the mug punters.

This noticeably increased pricing strategy isn't anything to do with this season but everything to do with next season.🤔

Hibs have 1,500 to 2,000 (Approx) walk ups who are obviously getting hammered this season but the 11,000 season ticket holders aren't affected.

Next season the walk up prices aren't going to come down but the season ticket prices could absolutely rocket but will be cleverly marketed along the lines of a "Look what you can save" basis.🤔

The new USA/English hard core corporate regime are embarking on a high risk strategy into what might be a declining team and a managerial situation where just like at every other club you reach the 3 year critical cycle when fans just want a change in direction.

Season ticket numbers at Hibs have been in constant decline since the euphoria of the cup final win in 2016 over "Scotland's Shame 2012" dropping from around 14,000 down to 11,000 which you would feel is exactly the wrong time to hike up the prices.😡

That's exactly what might happen and it will be a big call next March but by hiking up the walk up prices now then you can see which way the wind is blowing and blowing loudly.🤔🤔

Last edited:
This noticeably increased pricing strategy isn't anything to do with this season but everything to do with next season.🤔

Hibs have 1,500 to 2,000 (Approx) walk ups who are obviously getting hammered this season but the 11,000 season ticket holders aren't affected.

Next season walk up prices aren't going to come down but next season ticket prices could absolutely rocket but will be marketed along the lines of a "Look what you can save" basis.🤔

The new USA/English corporate regine are embarking on a high risk strategy into what might be a declining team and a managerial situation where just like at every other club you reach the 3 year critical cycle when fans just want a change in direction.

Season ticket numbers at Hibs have been in constant decline since the euphoria of the cup final win in 2016 over "Scotland's Shame 2012" dropping from around 14,000 down to 11,000 which you would feel is exactly the wrong time to hike up the prices.😡

That's exactly what might happen and it will be a big call next March but by hiking up the walk up prices now then you can see which way the wind is blowing and blowing loudly.🤔🤔
This is exactly what i meant in my lazy 1 sentence post. :50:

£32 for a Scottish football game appears very steep.
I know the TV money is on a different level, but I was at West Brom last month, £25 was the highest priced ticket, plenty tickets at £22.
It really irks me when Hibs just follow other clubs re pricing.

Football is fast becoming a luxury , there must be a lot teetering on the will I / won't I every season

Next season the walk up prices aren't going to come down but the season ticket prices could absolutely rocket but will be cleverly marketed along the lines of a "Look what you can save" basis.🤔

The new USA/English hard core corporate regine are embarking on a high risk strategy into what might be a declining team and a managerial situation where just like at every other club you reach the 3 year critical cycle when fans just want a change in direction.

anyone who’s been brought up in the states, have a culture, that it’s all about the money, unfortunately for us
They were discussing this on off the ball last week

anyone who’s been brought up in the states, have a culture, that it’s all about the money, unfortunately for us
They were discussing this on off the ball last week

The culture is also all about mergers and takeovers and at this point in Hibs and Edinburgh football history we have never been luckier in the fact that the Puddledrinkers are owned by their own supporters.✅

Had the Puddledrinkers been owned by USA 🇺🇸 owners in the same way as Dundee or "The Sheep🐏" the future would be incredibly bleak as you just know exactly what they would be thinking.🤔😰

£32 for a Scottish football game appears very steep.
I know the TV money is on a different level, but I was at West Brom last month, £25 was the highest priced ticket, plenty tickets at £22.
It really irks me when Hibs just follow other clubs re pricing.
Maybe if we were getting the millions sky chuck at them our prices would be £25 as well

If I didn’t have a season ticket I wouldn’t be going to Easter Road at those prices, absolutely scandalous. If there’s a significant increase in season ticket renewal prices, I’ll probably no bother.

Dangerous game.

Need a product worth the price before asking for the money.

Anything over £500 for a ST and I'm no gonna bother.

Football is fast becoming a luxury , there must be a lot teetering on the will I / won't I every season
Price goes up by much next season I won't bother .

I've had a ST for best part of half a century........:sm113:....... can't remember exactly when I bought my first one.

If I decided not to buy a ST I think I'd lose the habit and just go to away games where it's less bother to go.

Or not at all.

Got to be honest I've not really felt much excitement at many games this season. It's pretty drab stuff at home. Over thirty quid to watch that mediocrity... They're having a laugh. I think our ownership is currently the best we've had since Tom Hart but they're going to have to give much much better value if they want to retain and grow the fan base paying their cash at these prices....

Maybe if we were getting the millions sky chuck at them our prices would be £25 as well

Maybe, but I go to Everton, rarely get a ticket for any game under £40. Best thing they have in England is the maximum £30 fixed price for away fans.

Anything over £500 for a ST and I'm no gonna bother.

I have to say if it jumped to £500, I might not bother. If Jack wins us the league or Scottish Cup, I would happily pay that right enough.

Last edited:
Hard core corporate regime @SlovSam excellent description - that’s exactly where we are at.

there’s a group of very disgruntled hibbies over this.

An organized fan grouping is on the horizon I’d think.

Hard core corporate regime @SlovSam excellent description - that’s exactly where we are at.

there’s a group of very disgruntled hibbies over this.

An organized fan grouping is on the horizon I’d think.

Tell us more? Who are the disgruntled Hibby's?

What it does do is show that current season ticket prices are good value.

Tell us more? Who are the disgruntled Hibby's?

What it does do is show that current season ticket prices are good value.
I think there’s a number who are disgruntled over the “hard core corporate regime” - whilst no one has mentioned an organized group, my own take is that it’s only a matter of time. To be fair, there’s probably also an increasing number who are chucking more corporate revenue into the club. I’m not convinced they are as bothered about price increases or results.

this seasons season tickets are good value; but I think the number of disgruntled hibbies would rocket if season tickets were increased by £50 and/or the teams results don’t match last season.

I think there’s a number who are disgruntled over the “hard core corporate regime” - whilst no one has mentioned an organized group, my own take is that it’s only a matter of time. To be fair, there’s probably also an increasing number who are chucking more corporate revenue into the club. I’m not convinced they are as bothered about price increases or results.

this seasons season tickets are good value; but I think the number of disgruntled hibbies would rocket if season tickets were increased by £50 and/or the teams results don’t match last season.

Agree, win THE cup or league, it disnae matter. Folk need to note that we are fully owned, the only thing we can do if unhappy is not pay to go see them, its all that matters to them.

I think the number of disgruntled hibbies just increased considerably with the fan token launch.

I think it will rocket when the fans who buy tokens realize they haven’t got what they got.

I think the number of disgruntled hibbies just increased considerably with the fan token launch.

I think it will rocket when the fans who buy tokens realize they haven’t got what they got.
I'm amazed the club are doing this yet I haven't got a fuckin clue what it is....

I'm amazed the club are doing this yet I haven't got a fuckin clue what it is....
me neither , is it something to do with photos of players etc ??

It's been middle class for decades. Hibs played Dundee in a midweek league game early 80s.Thick fog got the game abandoned at half time so Hibs announced to the 4000 in attendance that the rescheduled match would be free entry. 14000 turned up. There's a massive number of ordinary working people just can't afford games never mind having the means to buy STs.
Its not rocket science. £32 is almost 4 hours wages for many. We all saw how many Hibees filled Leith Walk in 2016. Just how many of them can afford a league game at over £15?

Couple of years back price comparisons showed Barcelona one of the cheapest season tickets. I wouldnt mind so much if we had signed Messi

Couple of years back price comparisons showed Barcelona one of the cheapest season tickets. I wouldnt mind so much if we had signed Messi
All our signings have been feckin Messy recently.

This thread has been viewed 1913 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50