• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Callum Booth ?

Calzone

Private Member
Reaction score
See he’s been released by Partick.
Looked a real prospect when he first broke through,
Backup for wee Lewis ?
Thoughts ?

Why would we want to bring someone back deemed not good enough by us and now by Patrick?

I liked him and thought he did okay the very rare chances he got with Stubbs before he left. Not been following his form the past season so not sure...

Always thought he’d make a good wing back as good going forward but a bit weak defensively to be left back!

Why would we want to bring someone back deemed not good enough by us and now by Patrick?

This is fast becoming a record year for me agreeing with the blue fella.

Thistle fans liked him... and I've watched him a couple of times and thought he was ok for them.

But not good enough for us.

Spittal is the one thistle player worth pursuing IMO

I'd be surprised they if they have released him. Is not a case that he hasn't resigned?

He always seemed to be one of their better players any time I've seen them. I thought he was worth keeping when he broke through here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up by a Premiership team or Dundee Utd.

Prob not what we need though.

This is fast becoming a record year for me agreeing with the blue fella.

We are a club that is in every respect a top 4 or top 5 club in the land but we sometimes have a support wanting us to sign average players. And average players won't get us to where we want to be and where we SHOULD be!

I don't get the obsession some fans have with wanting to sign ex players over and over again. He's a below average players who's not going to improve us one jot.

I don't get the obsession some fans have with wanting to sign ex players over and over again. He's a below average players who's not going to improve us one jot.

Correct.

To be fair to the OP he did say as back up to Lewis.

I don’t think any of the top six sides will be looking at him.

We did however release him and Spoony , and replaced them with poorer players and look where it got us.
Dark days , so they were.

No thanks

He was exciting when he came through because he breathed a bit of life into us.
Harris was the same.

We can and should, look to do better.
Any youngsters wanting to be fullbacks at Hibs? I know cranes being released this year..

Nope

No thanks

He was exciting when he came through because he breathed a bit of life into us.
Harris was the same.

We can and should, look to do better.
Any youngsters wanting to be fullbacks at Hibs? I know cranes being released this year..

Sean Mackie

Good prospect :thumbgrin

I tend to agree with what a couple of others are saying; why pursue a player that we already judged as below the standard required, particularly when the judgement was made when we had a weaker squad than we have now?

It just doesn't make sense, especially when the club releasing him was just relegated.

We've been down the Paul Tosh and Lee Power road before. I can't imagine any of us want a return trip.

Signed for Dundee Utd

Signed for Dundee Utd

Good luck to Callum at United. Hope he can help get them promoted as they are a top flight club in all but name.

This thread has been viewed 1660 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back