• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Butterflies

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm not the only one whose noticed a proliferation of butterflies this year.I guess it must be the hot weather this year, but that is just a guess. Are there any butterfly experts out there. Are there any photies?

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Not sure, Moaty but I've noticed more than usual in my wildflower meadow (or weed-patch as Mrs hibadelic likes to call it).

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Someone told me it’s a migration from Africa to the arctic circle of butterfly called a painted lady. There was 100s of them in the park a couple of mornings when I walked my dogs. They flew up all at once when I walked thru the grass. Was magic.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Think there's heaps of wee animals in general.I got stung today by a wasp whilst cutting my mum's hedge.Must have disturbed a nest or something.Bloody painful it was too!Got me just below my left eye.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Aye, 2 butterflies spotted not far from Tamsons just out my front door. Never seen butterflies in the dozen or so years I've been here!

Can I ask about foxes?

We have a local one/family of them, timid as fuck! All my pals say the ones at their non-Leith bit are hard as you know what! Do Leith foxes no ken the score?

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I don't know I had seen a fox in the wild until about 15 or so years ago.They come round mymum's(Lochend) quite often.Some of them are quite timid,lying in the sun etc.But a deal of it could be because a family has moved in a few houses away and they've installed a chicken coupe.Another family's moved in and put in a doocot.No'much wonder they're hanging aboot!

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Another thing you never see Blackbirds now but plenty of Magpies.Should have called this post nature watch.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Millions of snails too - and more slugs than normal
Aye, little feckers. Definitely more of them than in recent years - hostas and lupins were decimated.

Another thing you never see Blackbirds now but plenty of Magpies.Should have called this post nature watch.
I get a lot of blackbirds nesting in beach hedges. The magpies hunt them down though, pricks.

Have seen a few sparrow hawks and had a badger in the garden once. Foxes here are numerous and fairly brazen - EH5

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Plenty foxes out in the wilds of West Lothian.
One came sauntering past me as I was loading up my car with vino tinto in the Morrison's car park in Livi one evening a couple of weeks ago.
I stamped my foot and yelled at it - bugger didn't bat an eyelid. Just gave me a sort of puzzled 'wtf?' look and carried on and disappeared through a hole in the fence.
I was a bit relieved to be honest, thought he was going to confiscate my wine. I'd have put up a fight, but I think he had me beat.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Plenty foxes out in the wilds of West Lothian.
One came sauntering past me as I was loading up my car with vino tinto in the Morrison's car park in Livi one evening a couple of weeks ago.
I stamped my foot and yelled at it - bugger didn't bat an eyelid. Just gave me a sort of puzzled 'wtf?' look and carried on and disappeared through a hole in the fence.
I was a bit relieved to be honest, thought he was going to confiscate my wine. I'd have put up a fight, but I think he had me beat.
Apparently they're not scared off by the smell of pish

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator

Pretty lucky where I live for wildlife. Got the figgate burn running thru my front garden and when the water is up a wee bit the otters from the figgy pond come down looking for fish. Got Heron and have seen a kingfisher a few times too, need to be very quite though....not easy with a massive labrador who thinks chasing anything is the best fun ever.

Biggest problem right now though is the evil gulls and their spawn. Sick of being dive bombed by maniac bastard massive things while I mind my own business. I don't want your mingin bairn pal, so fuck off.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Not sure about that, Moaty.
I was sitting in the living room yesterday lunchtime when I heard a rustling and banging . Thought it was the postie trying to put a parcel through the letterbox.
No postie.....but in the kitchen was a blackbird trying to get out of the window. Hed flown in through the back door which I'd left open .
We have a family of them at the feeders every day.
And they dont half sing at sundown!

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Millions around my work, sit on the water of leith so its expected.

Spiders are having a feeding frenzy too in this heat, theyre gonna be big this year

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel