• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Bus Strike (some Hibs content)

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
BUS drivers are set to go on strike from the first day of the Fringe after drivers voted to reject a last-minute offer from bosses.

Drivers had threatened strike action over what they claim is “hostile” and “bullying” management at Lothian Buses.

The Unite union gave notice that Lothian bus drivers will walk out from 3am on Friday August 2. Bosses had tried to halt the action after offering a 2.7 per cent pay increase. But Unite have confirmed that drivers on Friday voted to reject the offer.

Day 2 of the strike is the opening day of the season when we're at home to St Midden.

I was surprised when the drivers voted to reject the deal, apparently recommend for acceptance, which was always much more than the pay offer chucked in at the last minute as a divide and conquer management ploy. The drivers must be ragin' at the bullying from management.

I know a couple of folk that work for them. Some of the stories are just 'they canny think they'll get away with that!'

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
I support the drivers so if any buses do run i’ll no be using them as it’s effectively crossing a picket line....

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
There will be buses I think, just maybe less frequent if they don't sort this out by then.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Good luck to them. Lothian buses has been a very profitable business over the years and I bet the top brass all get a good wage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Good luck to them. Lothian buses has been a very profitable business over the years and I bet the top brass all get a good wage.

Had the misfortune of spending time with former CEO Ian Craig a few times thru mutual friends, was forthcoming with his wage, which i think was in the region of £250,000 a year. Seem to recall some furore about additional bonuses reaching nearly six figures too.

Don't use buses, so won't affect me, but mon the drivers.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Had the misfortune of spending time with former CEO Ian Craig a few times thru mutual friends, was forthcoming with his wage, which i think was in the region of £250,000 a year. Seem to recall some furore about additional bonuses reaching nearly six figures too.

Don't use buses, so won't affect me, but mon the drivers.
If a CEO is worth that amount then I have no truck with that, but he/she better be working damn hard for that company, BUT also all the employees.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
"Customer Update

Positive talks with Unite have led to a deal being agreed between Lothian and union officials which will suspend Friday’s proposed strike action.

Unite will now take forward the jointly agreed proposal to their members with a recommendation for acceptance.

It is the hope of both parties that this agreement will be passed in order to avoid any industrial action."

It has to be remembered that there was agreement between the two sides previously - before the members kicked it into touch!

Here's hoping it's been resolved though.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel