BSC Glasgow memories

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
Obviously, don't have any, but what are your memories of Hibs playing a team from a lower league and (without tempting fate) expecting to win by a barrowload? I'm going for Hibs v Forfar, Scottish Cup 1st round, Jan 1971. Only two divisions in Scottish senior football then, Forfar had finished 2nd bottom of the Second Division the year before. Hibs won 8-1. The team and scorers (thanks to the excellent ihibs database): Baines; Brownlie, Jones; Blackley, Black, Stanton; Davidson (2), O'Rourke (3), Duncan (1), Hamilton, Stevenson (1) and one own goal. Note 6 Tornadoes in that lineup and another 2 (Cropley and Schaedler) already at the club.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Hibs v Irvine Meadow, Hibs v Bonnyrigg, Hibs v Turiff - I expect that type of game.

BSC are a good side for their level, and could be competitive in a one off against a league 1 side but we should ease past this tie.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
Should be 3 minimum. No mercy.
Opportunity for the forwards to boost their goals figures.

A few of you high rollers should be bet building the way to a right few quid on this one. HT/FT and over 3 goals will more than double your poppy.

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
I was the old tennis coach at Broomhill Tennis Club...I tried to get them integrated with BSC but the tennis club didnae fancy it

They regret that big time

0-4 on Sunday

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Hibs v. Peebles Rovers, 1961, in the Scottish Cup. Peebles played in the East of Scotland League (I think). Hibs won 15-1. Joe Baker scored 9, yes, 9, and perhaps even more remarkably, Willie Ormond scored with his right foot!! Ormond was affectionately known as "Willie One-Fit". On the same day, Joe's brother Gerry, while playing for St Mirren, scored TEN in the same competition. The Fabulous Baker Boys.

Power

Bounce Radge
Obviously, don't have any, but what are your memories of Hibs playing a team from a lower league and (without tempting fate) expecting to win by a barrowload? I'm going for Hibs v Forfar, Scottish Cup 1st round, Jan 1971. Only two divisions in Scottish senior football then, Forfar had finished 2nd bottom of the Second Division the year before. Hibs won 8-1. The team and scorers (thanks to the excellent ihibs database): Baines; Brownlie, Jones; Blackley, Black, Stanton; Davidson (2), O'Rourke (3), Duncan (1), Hamilton, Stevenson (1) and one own goal. Note 6 Tornadoes in that lineup and another 2 (Cropley and Schaedler) already at the club.
Liking these threads.

It’s no often, in comparison to others, that we get draws like this - even third division teams.
Given the surface and conditions it’ll not be straightforward as it looks. Hoping no injuries moving into the next load of midweek, weekend fixtures.

D9B77553-0B20-4668-BF3A-EF5E77B350DC.jpeg

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Bounce Radge
I was even going to reserve games then (tbh more than the more expensive big games) but am fecked if I can remember the goalie Baines?

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Liking these threads.

It’s no often, in comparison to others, that we get draws like this - even third division teams.
Given the surface and conditions it’ll not be straightforward as it looks. Hoping no injuries moving into the next load of midweek, weekend fixtures.

View attachment 1957
Hibs fans were very grumpy that day as it took so "long" for the 1st goal but I remember this game more for the split Irvine Meadow support of about 600.

300 or so were just your normal hard core football support enjoying their cup day out.✔

The other half though were sectarian bigots on a drunken day trip gieing "The Sash" big licks and obviously "The Billy Boys" at full tilt.

Never been to Irvine and had no idea it generatated such bigotry though being in Ayrshire maybe not the worlds biggest surprise.❓

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Admin
Never been to Irvine .....
Did ye no hitch down one Saturday
Sixty miles to Kilmarnock
To see Hibernian play?

BIG G

Gareth

Bounce Radge
I was the old tennis coach at Broomhill Tennis Club...I tried to get them integrated with BSC but the tennis club didnae fancy it

They regret that big time

0-4 on Sunday
Then you coached my laddies.
As an aside, my oldest boy plays for BSC's local rivals so is keen for an absolute thumping

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
Hibs v. Peebles Rovers, 1961, in the Scottish Cup. Peebles played in the East of Scotland League (I think). Hibs won 15-1. Joe Baker scored 9, yes, 9, and perhaps even more remarkably, Willie Ormond scored with his right foot!! Ormond was affectionately known as "Willie One-Fit". On the same day, Joe's brother Gerry, while playing for St Mirren, scored TEN in the same competition. The Fabulous Baker Boys.
19 goals on the same day for 2 brothers must be a record in professional football?

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
Hibs fans were very grumpy that day as it took so "long" for the 1st goal but I remember this game more for the split Irvine Meadow support of about 600.

300 or so were just your normal hard core football support enjoying their cup day out.✔

The other half though were sectarian bigots on a drunken day trip gieing "The Sash" big licks and obviously "The Billy Boys" at full tilt.

Never been to Irvine and had no idea it generatated such bigotry though being in Ayrshire maybe not the worlds biggest surprise.❓
Not as bad as some of their neighbours, it gets worse where the hills have eyes.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Then you coached my laddies.
As an aside, my oldest boy plays for BSC's local rivals so is keen for an absolute thumping
Who are bscs local rival?

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
I have several painful memories of Hibs being knocked out of both cups. particularly in the mid to late 70's when we seemed to make it an art form. Arbroath was a nightmare round about 1976. A 1-1 draw at Gayfield with none other than John Blackley rescuing us from defeat up there only to lose the replay 2-1 at Easter Road with the cameras there as well. I just remember us missing loads of sitters and a blonde haired guy called John Fletcher scoring the winning goal from about 25 yards. After Alex Miller took over we seemed to start taking care of these clubs, but before that came Meadowbank Thistle and East Fife in 1984 and Stirling Albion some time in the late 90's.
Cup ties are about one thing no matter who you are playing....just make sure you win and are in the draw for the next round. It doesn't matter what the score is just win.

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
I have several painful memories of Hibs being knocked out of both cups. particularly in the mid to late 70's when we seemed to make it an art form. Arbroath was a nightmare round about 1976. A 1-1 draw at Gayfield with none other than John Blackley rescuing us from defeat up there only to lose the replay 2-1 at Easter Road with the cameras there as well. I just remember us missing loads of sitters and a blonde haired guy called John Fletcher scoring the winning goal from about 25 yards. After Alex Miller took over we seemed to start taking care of these clubs, but before that came Meadowbank Thistle and East Fife in 1984 and Stirling Albion some time in the late 90's.
Cup ties are about one thing no matter who you are playing....just make sure you win and are in the draw for the next round. It doesn't matter what the score is just win.
After the Arbroath defeat a lot of shop windows got smashed in up Cockburn Street which for some reason was regularly the preferred location for fans to vent their frustrations after bad midweek results at that time. Other 70s embarrassments were getting knocked out of the league cup by Montrose and Queen of the South (Gordon Rae's debut I think) and Oesters Vaxjoe in the UEFA cup.

moathibby

Bounce Radge
They dinnae have a ground.Sounds like they hate Hibs,and going by their chants they're homophobic.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£95.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Killie v HIBERNIAN