• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Brexit

48 hours till armageddon-or perhaps not.

Scotland didn't want Brexit it was Tory England and their Union Jack waving Royalist and their victorian we are an Empire with an Isolated Island mentality.Just to get the working class vote of course they fuelled their fire with immigration "we can't control it".@Wheres Nigel Farage now?
Boris Johnston was near to tears last week declaring he felt responsible for all this mess.Damn right he is.

Last edited:
The most cowardly PM in history looks like she'll be pulling tomorrow's vote.

Leader of most despicable shower of scum ever seen in parliament.

The most cowardly PM in history looks like she'll be pulling tomorrow's vote.

Leader of most despicable shower of scum ever seen in parliament.

It’s all going according to plan....

... Putin’s one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotland didn't want Brexit it was Tory England and their Union Jack waving Royalist and their victorian we are an Empire with an Isolated Island mentality.Just to get the working class vote of course they fuelled their fire with immigration "we can't control it".@Wheres Nigel Farage now?
Boris Johnston was near to tears last week declaring he felt responsible for all this mess.Damn right he is.
Here we go again all English are Tory Union Jack wavers. Tell that to workers in Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol and London whose majorities were for remain in the vote. Day in day out the only Union Jacks regularly waved outside Parliament alongside the European Flag are flown with gusto by remainers. Funny old world.

BIG G

May on her feet. She has said she has listened. Postponed vote. Concentrating on backstop. Stating the bleeding obvious. Slavering same stuff heard ad nausium. She will take concerns about backstop back the EU. This deal still the best one!! Flustered slavering now. Concluding on personal note. Talking for those who have not been heard. Improving services, protecting jobs, etc. etc. Bloody hypocrite.

BIG G

Here we go again all English are Tory Union Jack wavers. Tell that to workers in Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol and London whose majorities were for remain in the vote. Day in day out the only Union Jacks regularly waved outside Parliament alongside the European Flag are flown with gusto by remainers. Funny old world.

BIG G
I never said ALL English are Tory Union Jack wavers.Its a fact England voted Brexit.My flags the saltire.

Theresa May has just opened her advent calendar and discovered theres a *&*^ in number 10

I never said ALL English are Tory Union Jack wavers.Its a fact England voted Brexit.My flags the saltire.
Most English brexiteers wave the derivative of the Cross of St George.

17 million cross of st george wavers.Aye right.

17 million cross of st george wavers.Aye right.

More than enough to swing it.

Junker in the EU parliament has said there will be no renegotiating the deal on the table and the backstop will remain, only wording can be changed if agreed on both sides, the comedy goes on.

Junker in the EU parliament has said there will be no renegotiating the deal on the table and the backstop will remain, only wording can be changed if agreed on both sides, the comedy goes on.

It took two and a half years to get to where she is now and she expects to get it all changed in the next couple of weeks! Or she doesn't.

She must think we zip up the back.

Just been posting on Crackbook, but thought in light of recent discussions about usage, I'd bring it here:

Nicola Sturgeon’s clarity on Brexit reminds us what a leader looks like | Gaby Hinsliff

I was originally saying "wow", unalloyed praise in the MSM, be still my beating heart. But, eh, SNP BAD, all only obsessed with independence, blah blah blah. 'Moan the Nicola. And it's good to see Corbyn getting a well-deserved doing an all, him and his party are about as effective as the Paraguayan navy, and arguably less useful.

To which our very own @Smurf was suggesting that a no-confidence vote was tactically naive, as it would be defeated. I'm personally not persuaded that's so certain, but nonetheless, my own position on Corbyn is this:

This is the leader of the opposition in a moment of national crisis. We are approaching the endgame, May is simply stalling. He must do something, and his options are now abundantly clear as I see it:

a) the "deal", which as everyone can clearly see isn't even as good as just remaining a member. Corbyn must publicly acknowledge though that there are no "renegotiations" that Labour could credibly conduct. Because currently, that seems to be his policy position - "we'd go back and get a better deal" - and it's quite plainly ludicrous.

b) "no deal" hard brexit, which entails being honest about the probable consequences (you'd hope) for all the people who aren't currently shorting the British market with their millions in offshore hedge funds. Corbyn's consistently anti-EU position might mean he'd prefer that in the long run; cool, if so, say so. It's interesting to watch someone so often valorised for his high principles now apparently lacking the courage of his convictions when the chips are down and he has cards in his hand, rather than simply being able to carp from a back bench.

Or c) that remaining in the EU is the only sensible, responsible option if the interests of the public at large (both leavers and remainers) is your paramount concern. If he agrees with this, then he must publicly back a second referendum at the very least, if indeed he hasn't the stones to challenge the Tories outright.

Because currently it feels like the whole country is looking for a grown-up in the room who's ready to grasp the nettle, even at the expense of party (or more accurately partisan) interests. Which is probably why Nicola is looking so good right now - for a party that's apparently always been obsessed with Scottish independence at the expense of all else, they seem to be the only ones working hard to keep the UK in the EU, which in all likelihood would reduce the chances of Indy. For instance, the ECJ concession re: article 50 was secured by ScotGreen/SNP, primarily.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?General Election now!

My thoughts???
We need to do whatever it takes to remain in the EU. The only way that can be achieved 'fairly' is through a second referendum.

To misquote an American President ...
It's probably better to be inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent being pissed on.

However unlikely it might be, if Corbin showed some leadership in my opinion it would put him in a good place come the next General Election. I doubt he'd lose many GE votes as a result, the hard line Brexiteers were never going to vote for him anyway.

Of course a second referendum would set a precedent.

A second independence referendum when the English political system is in turmoil and English nationalism is taking to the streets ... having had their tea. It might just be a gimme.

Well the SNP gave Corbyn until Midnight to say he would initiate a vote of no confidence, scarey.....well times up Jeremy. Absolutely correct to ignore this and likewise the letter calling for the same today for Corbyn to press for a vote of no confidence before going for a people's vote. The letter supported by 40 + right wing Blairite MP's was initiated by Blairite Gunt Ian Murray.

Britain’s Brexit circus: May premiership hanging by a thread

BIG G

Labour still trailing the Tories in the polls tells you all you need to know,May could eat a kid live on TV and Labour still couldn’t lay a glove on them. Chocolate Teapots spring to mind.

Vote of No confidence in Theresa May as leader of the Tories triggered.
Vote will take place tonight.

Well they’d better not miss with the knife in the back because they won’t get another chance for a year

Corbyn
Well the SNP gave Corbyn until Midnight to say he would initiate a vote of no confidence, scarey.....well times up Jeremy. Absolutely correct to ignore this and likewise the letter calling for the same today for Corbyn to press for a vote of no confidence before going for a people's vote. The letter supported by 40 + right wing Blairite MP's was initiated by Blairite Gunt Ian Murray.

Britain’s Brexit circus: May premiership hanging by a thread

BIG G
I think the Labour party of my youth would have finished her off by now. As you point out G, Blair has fucked that mentality, be it right or wrong.
Corbyn doesn't know whether shit or spew as Labour is as divided as the Tories. And not simply on Brexit.

seems to me that there is too much retreating into party loyalties here. I've seen the same people who attacked the SNP for not calling a 2nd indy ref explaining and justifying Corbyn not calling a no confidence motion. Its the same logic, why call a vote that you fear you'll almost certainly lose now but that you could win in a matter of months?
That said, clearly things have to come to a head soon. That maybe happens after tonight. if say 80 Tories vote against May tonight but she hangs on that may be the time to strike on the basis that its difficult to explain a no confidence vote as party leader in one vote but then vote that you have confidence in the same leader being PM. But Labour will have to come off the fence soon or they'll miss their chance.
I also think the the SNP are a bit worried that a general election in the Scottish case might coalesce around an anti Tory vote that might hurt them, so it makes sense from their point of view to push a 2nd vote rather than an election.
Can't decide whether the word interesting or the word clusterf**k best describes this

I wonder who will take over if May loses the vote?
Time for the ‘perfect storm’ and Boris to join with his mate across the Atlantic and bring the world to its knees?
Perhaps.
I rather hope it’s going to be Esther McVey.
True, she is pretty horrible, having championed the bedroom tax, and accused disabled people of ‘not really being disabled’ and faking the wheelchairs………

But on the other hand it would be a novelty to admit that the PM would ‘get it’ eh.

Jesus christ Shrink that's feckin horrible

Jesus christ Shrink that's feckin horrible
But you would.
Wouldn’t you.

depends how you're defining 'get it'? if violence possibly, if sexual you've just given me the dry boak

I wonder who will take over if May loses the vote?
Time for the ‘perfect storm’ and Boris to join with his mate across the Atlantic and bring the world to its knees?
Perhaps.
I rather hope it’s going to be Esther McVey.
True, she is pretty horrible, having championed the bedroom tax, and accused disabled people of ‘not really being disabled’ and faking the wheelchairs………

But on the other hand it would be a novelty to admit that the PM would ‘get it’ eh.

Ian Duncan Smiths sloppy seconds..

35c4e7ac31c0a8b7094edd632e21fce7.jpg

I’ll just leave this here.. [emoji48]

Assume folk have seen that 'sexy' dance she performed for Barry from Eastenders?

In retrospect I'm not sure a no confidence vote in parliament would have been the best plan. For Labour anyway.

The torys are a shower of self serving bastards. The thought of losing their seat, even through non selection, would have galvanised the party behind May.

The polls I've seen suggest Labour wouldn't win a GE, another hung parliament with the Tory bastards surprisingly slightly ahead and opportunities there for almost any of the minority parties holding the balance of power.

Despite leading the clusterfuck May is still ahead of Corbyn in the 'best' PM hurdles.

Given the polls I suspect Maybot to pull through.

It really is a shambles.

Assume folk have seen that 'sexy' dance she performed for Barry from Eastenders?

I'm NOT clicking on that link.
I've never heard of Barry from Eastenders, and 'politicians dancing' just triggered a memory of Theresa May.

I still would.

(Esther, not Theresa.)

35c4e7ac31c0a8b7094edd632e21fce7.jpg

I’ll just leave this here.. [emoji48]

A friend worked with her at GMTV - upon occasion in the bar after work she would complain that her hotel bed was large and she hoped someone might come to help her fill it (allegedly). None of the crew did (apparently) which tells you everything you need to know about her (actually).

depends how you're defining 'get it'? if violence possibly, if sexual you've just given me the dry boak
Esther Mcvey gives you the dry boak ??? Are you Peter Sutcliff or Quentin Crisp?

We have of course concentrated on the UK perspective here.

On the other side we have the EU. They made it quite clear at the outset they weren't happy with one of their members leaving, as much in fear of others following suit as anything else. There's no surprise they're ok with the deal they've struck with a hapless UK government, it's crap for the UK.

They've made absolutely clear the crap deal on the table is the only deal. If the UK wanted to get a Norway or Iceland deal it should have thought about that 2 years ago when the clock started ticking. Given the EU wanted to deter others from leaving neither were likely then nor in the foreseeable future.

If there's no deal and 1,000s of lorries are stacked up around Dover with rotting UK goods or missed deadlines the EU won't give a damn. It's not as if they won't have already sought and found other suppliers or suppliers have already moved to the continent.

Or there's revoking Article 50 however that might be achieved in Westminster or with the electorate.

I think anyone suggesting anything else is either deluded or a liar.

From the BBC
Prime Minister Theresa May wins confidence vote with 200 out of 317 Tory MPs supporting her to stay on as leader

We have of course concentrated on the UK perspective here.

On the other side we have the EU. They made it quite clear at the outset they weren't happy with one of their members leaving, as much in fear of others following suit as anything else. There's no surprise they're ok with the deal they've struck with a hapless UK government, it's crap for the UK.

They've made absolutely clear the crap deal on the table is the only deal. If the UK wanted to get a Norway or Iceland deal it should have thought about that 2 years ago when the clock started ticking. Given the EU wanted to deter others from leaving neither were likely then nor in the foreseeable future.

If there's no deal and 1,000s of lorries are stacked up around Dover with rotting UK goods or missed deadlines the EU won't give a damn. It's not as if they won't have already sought and found other suppliers or suppliers have already moved to the continent.

Or there's revoking Article 50 however that might be achieved in Westminster or with the electorate.

I think anyone suggesting anything else is either deluded or a liar.
We import moe from the eu than export to it , I believe

We import moe from the eu than export to it , I believe

Farrah ????

Farrah ????

Decent trousers if there’s only one arse in em.

Farrah ????
Fawcett???

This thread has been viewed 36493 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50