• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Bicycle?

Onlyonesauzee4

My two laddies are back home living at Chez 1875, back from Uni for a very long summer. Oldest dug out their old bikes and spent today cursing and blinding and covered in oil and WD40, trying to make them useable, they are fecked. Anyone one selling one or two or know where you can pick up reasonably priced second hand ones?
My two laddies are back home living at Chez 1875, back from Uni for a very long summer. Oldest dug out their old bikes and spent today cursing and blinding and covered in oil and WD40, trying to make them useable, they are fecked. Anyone one selling one or two or know where you can pick up reasonably priced second hand ones?
Couple of penny farthings in my shed if any help mark

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
I have a Giant ATX 2 cost about £360 , its been fine so far
Just had a look looks a decent bike.

Been mulling over the carrera hellcat 2020 for the last day or 2. The hydraulic disk brakes are a plus in terms of performance but not sure about repairs etc. Benefit of cable brakes is i know how to repair them myself 😂.

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Unless you're going down Glentress I'd avoid bikes with suspension and thick tyres. For road/cycle paths the lighter and thinner your bike/tyres the better.
Been using a saracen last couple of months. Prefer mountain bikes as on the way home from work theres a few wooded ways i cycle instead of the paths. Takes 5 minutes longer but is more fun. Once things get back to more of a normal Glentress is almost a guarantee.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Unless you're going down Glentress I'd avoid bikes with suspension and thick tyres. For road/cycle paths the lighter and thinner your bike/tyres the better.
I do 90% roads no problem with front suspension and thick tyres (plenty air in them though) I went for a mountain bike to take my weight mainly . Only problem with this bike is the gear change can be sloppy but i get there

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Bounce Radge
I got a hybrid from the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative about 25 years ago. Do they still make hybrids? Come to think of it, is the Co-operative still on the co?

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Bounce Radge
I got a hybrid from the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative about 25 years ago. Do they still make hybrids? Come to think of it, is the Co-operative still on the co?

southfieldhibby

Bounce Radge
Aye, still on the go. Good shop, a wee bit pricey but Bruntsfield prices eh? Still get hybrids, I’ve got something like that, a Croix De Fer Genesis and I love it.

southfieldhibby

Bounce Radge
Aye, still on the go. Good shop, a wee bit pricey but Bruntsfield prices eh? Still get hybrids, I’ve got something like that, a Croix De Fer Genesis and I love it.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Just had a look looks a decent bike.

Been mulling over the carrera hellcat 2020 for the last day or 2. The hydraulic disk brakes are a plus in terms of performance but not sure about repairs etc. Benefit of cable brakes is i know how to repair them myself 😂.

I found there isn't a lot of difference between the Carrera's, Treks and voodoo's in each price bracket.

Virtually the same bikes with slightly different geometry.

I ended up with a Forme Curbar, not huge on the paint job but it's a surprisingly decent bike.
Kinda wish I had more than 10 gears though, and the Tektro brakes arent the greatest.
What's best to upgrade first? Discs or pads? Or both?

Then someone rocked up to work yesterday with a full suspension, electric Cube felly, 4500 quid.
Beauty, makes mine look like a toy ha!

Feel like a plug for them, but BG in porty still has bikes in the 4 to 6 hundred pound range. Was speaking to one of the guys yesterday.
They are jam packed just now. 12 hour days just prepping to hand over and safety checks on all the stuff they have sold.

Bikes are massive business just now. Shame it's making life easier for the thieving rodents out there

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Admin
I used the Just Eat bikes a couple of times and realised how convenient they are. I just bought a secondhand Saracen mountain bike for £120 as a result. If I keep using it I'll get something better/more suitable in due course.

Power

Bounce Radge
I used the Just Eat bikes a couple of times and realised how convenient they are. I just bought a secondhand Saracen mountain bike for £120 as a result. If I keep using it I'll get something better/more suitable in due course.
Very handy. Couple of times where Hibs have been midweek and I’ve left the bike at home it’s taken 6-8minutes from Haymarket to Harp and Castle station on Leith Walk. 1 Pint saved (time) and earnt.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old