• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Berlin

Hectorhib

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Oh yeah, when you buy the travel pass for the U bahn etc, at the airport, you'll be given a tourist information booklet which has a load of discount vouchers for many of the big attractions.I had a memorable trip there in Feb 18.Managed to go see Hertha v Mainz in the Olympic stadium.It's a huge stadium and worth a visit itself

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Any suggestions on the district we should stay in?

Hectorhib

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I stayed in a Mercure in Mitte.Short walk got you into the U bahn system, although I'd say you're probably never far away from it

Plasticman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Any suggestions on the district we should stay in?
Stayed in most districts on multiple occasions, would probably go for Kreuzberg, Pberg or maybe Neukolln - think youd also like Mitte Mark

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Is the Alexander Platz area ok? Couple of decent hotel deals there?

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Is the Alexander Platz area ok? Couple of decent hotel deals there?
I stayed at the Radisson Blue (amazing huge 'fish tank' in lounge area) which is about half a mile away from Alexander Platz.

The area is perfectly fine imho.

edit

here's a pic.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I stayed at the Radisson Blue (amazing huge 'fish tank' in lounge area) which is about half a mile away from Alexander Platz.

The area is perfectly fine imho.

edit

here's a pic.

I looked at that but its out my league cost wise.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I looked at that but its out my league cost wise.
Worth going for a beer just to look at the fish!

The area is fine though - pretty central for loads of 'touristy stuff'.

Watch for Ampelmännchen on the crossings in East Berlin!

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Don't do what we did and stay at a budget hotel near the Hauptbahnhoff thinking it must be really good location-wise, it's not. Although it is within walking distance of the Reichstag and the Brandenburg Gate.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Very touristy, well served by underground.
I am a Berlin virgin, touristy suits. Wil lneed a list of things to do and see, if anyone has such a thing. Nae fitba the weekend I am there, its an international weekend.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I am a Berlin virgin, touristy suits. Wil lneed a list of things to do and see, if anyone has such a thing. Nae fitba the weekend I am there, its an international weekend.
Get on the Reichstag, sorry Bundestag, website and register for the free tour. You have to do it in advance and you get security checked before they ok you but it's worth it. I'm sure there's stuff on here to do in Berlin- the usual Checkpoint Charlie and Berlin Wall stuff are a gimme. There is a viewing tower near Alexanderplatz. You can have your tea in the rotating restaurant at the top. Brandenburg Gate is near the parliament. Wander the Tiergarten.
Holocaust memorial is striking

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Booked the H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, decent price and flights including hold luggage for £100 each return from Edinburgh. No half bad. Flood me with suggestions, I have 4.5 days there.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I loved the tourist tour bus thing. I think there's 3 routes. We did them over 3 days and there's a lot to see! Great vibe in the place.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Bang bong bong ba bang bong bong.You take my breath awaaaaaay!Decent tune.

kingston

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
We done a walking tour from mittre district old Berlin to Reichstag taken in all the landmarks.The guide was brilliant and well worth 4hrs.
On the tour we stoped at the Topography of Terror Museum which we went back to the next day to spend more time.Also done the river cruise which takes in old and new Berlin which was good.
It's a great city with a great vibe.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
We done a walking tour from mittre district old Berlin to Reichstag taken in all the landmarks.The guide was brilliant and well worth 4hrs.
On the tour we stoped at the Topography of Terror Museum which we went back to the next day to spend more time.Also done the river cruise which takes in old and new Berlin which was good.
It's a great city with a great vibe.
Already booked it, is it the Insider tour? I also booked the Bundestadt tour as recommended by SK11.

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel