Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com
Guinness is the best beer on the Planet however if not to your taste Fullers London Pride not far behind. Forget the Taj Mahal, the most beautiful buildings in the World are the St.James's Gate Brewery in Dublin and the Griffin Brewery, Chiswick.My fridge top shelf is occupied with 0% and less than 0.05% Dutch,German and U.S lager/beer just now.It is all by and large pretty $#@!e.

BIG G
Gave up alcohol on 31st December and have tried every non alcohol lager since all completely rubbish.

Before that my choices were asahi, Brooklyn but my favourite was Phoenix from mauritius.

jock3

Registered
Monthly Radge
Nov 18, 2012
Edinburgh
Guinness served across in Ireland is the best pint for me.

Otherwise, I had a superb pint of Caledonian Best yesterday. I found a pub in Leith that serves a good McEwans 70 shilling.

The extinct Youngers No. 3 was my favourite beer as a younger man.

Having been down in England for many years I got to know the beers well. Award winners Black Sheep, Rudgate Ruby Mild and Timothy Taylor Boltmaker are worth a try, if you can find 'em.

Last edited:

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Dec 12, 2003
www.easterroad.com
Gave up alcohol on 31st December and have tried every non alcohol lager since all completely rubbish.

Before that my choices were asahi, Brooklyn but my favourite was Phoenix from mauritius.
Brew Dog and budvar both do alcohol free. Both honking, as I’ve found out accidentally from the work beer fridge

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com

Just about a year without alcohol. Wish I’d done it years ago.

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Just about a year without alcohol. Wish I’d done it years ago.
Well done,I must admit I'm tempted,but not sure I could. Did you find it easy? , did it get harder as the months went on ?
It's such a social event in this country, funny this thread popped up as can't get a taxi for hogmanay party and thought I'd drive, then I thought it would be a good start to the year to go all.January dry.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com
Well done,I must admit I'm tempted,but not sure I could. Did you find it easy? , did it get harder as the months went on ?
It's such a social event in this country, funny this thread popped up as can't get a taxi for hogmanay party and thought I'd drive, then I thought it would be a good start to the year to go all.January dry.
Was it easy? Well I’ve rapped it in January for a few years so the initial bit wasn’t too tough - but I think I was ready for it. I go out now with friends but either drink becks blue or soft drinks. I used to hate doing that and be bored but now I’m fine with it. I think I was conscious of how grotty I felt even after 1 and the two or three day hangovers after a heavy sesh. There’s a group on reddit I check, I found it helpful.

The trigger was probably my youngest who didn’t sleep well until the middle of this year. Funnily enough he sleeps fine now!

tricky

Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Sep 5, 2002
standing on the brink of history
Gonna try the dry January too , have been caning it a bit and not feeling too healthy.

whiskas

Private Member
Registered
Jul 17, 2007
Edinburgh
Brew Dog and budvar both do alcohol free. Both honking, as I’ve found out accidentally from the work beer fridge
There’s a lot more choice re alcohol-free beers unfortunately a lot of them still have that slight chemical aftertaste. Brew dog masks this with industrial levels of hops. Erdinger alcohol-free is very drinkable and in terms of lagers Heineken and Tennants have been the most drinkable I found. Becks Blue is just like normal Becks down to the tiny 275ml bottles

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Jun 23, 2007
Stirling
Attempting to give up the drink full stop,using it to supplement my depression meds.
Having Coeliac disease means I cannae even have a alcohol free beer

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
Attempting to give up the drink full stop,using it to supplement my depression meds.
Good luck.

The only time I managed to stay off the drink for a few weeks was when meds prevented me imbibing!

It’s bloody difficult to cut it out, and bloody impossible to cut it down. I can get a cork out no bother but it never seems to go back in.

I’m sure your willpower is better than mine though.

Cheers.

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com
Good luck with that mate. I know a few have done the same withing and it helps.

I planned to have a Dry January, I popped in to see my Mum & Dad as you do on New Years Day, one Birra Moretti and one large Dark Rum and Diet Coke later, plans already scuppered.

jimtom

Registered
Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
Treat yourself to a bottle of Duvel.Its a Belgian beer and 8•5%.
I worked in Belgium a few years back where I first met it. Its available in supermarkets.Some pubs may stock it.

jimtom

Registered
Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
Guinness served across in Ireland is the best pint for me.

Otherwise, I had a superb pint of Caledonian Best yesterday. I found a pub in Leith that serves a good McEwans 70 shilling.

The extinct Youngers No. 3 was my favourite beer as a younger man.

Having been down in England for many years I got to know the beers well. Award winners Black Sheep, Rudgate Ruby Mild and Timothy Taylor Boltmaker are worth a try, if you can find 'em.
Youngers no 3 otherwise known as a pint of heavy.

Next Game : Hibs v Elgin (Scottish Cup)

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel