• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

BBC Article - not mincing his words

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this in any other thread yet but a few interesting points raised.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23469471

I'd mentioned before about Craig being punted out wide (like Cairney was) and was told he'd played for St J there.

I'd mentioned before about Craig being punted out wide (like Cairney was) and was told he'd played for St J there.

Not sure about Craig and his position, but the journo who wrote that article is a Hibby and clearly felt the pain of the defeat like the rest of us.

Not sure about Craig and his position, but the journo who wrote that article is a Hibby and clearly felt the pain of the defeat like the rest of us.

I did originally put that question in my post but had a quick google search and didnt see anything.
No surprise really as he picks up things re Hibs that normal journalists wouldn't (bother their @rse about).

Whether it worked for St Johnstone or not, he's never a wide player and neither is Cairney (who even had a handful of games on the right!)
We have another season overloaded with central midfielders, and since Wotherspoon left, we look set to play Harris on the right.

For a team full to the brim with central midfielders, the midfield is always completely overrun.
In many games, the centre-mids seem stuck to the edge of the centre circle and their movement is as fluid as stone.

That article is a slaughtering. I had a feeling that the knives would be out from the media today.

IMO they, and others in the Scottish game, will be angry at Hibs and Fenlon. This wasn't just a domestic fixture. Hibs were representing Scotland in Europe and they will see it as an embarrassment and yet more damage to an already poor reputation for Scottish football in wider circles.

They are correct too.

I've been in mouning all day & haven't had the heart to reply to any thread today but after reading the article from Colin Moffet I feel the need to agree with what he said.
I remember the apology after the shambles of last May from PF far too much for it not to be forgotten,
ONE apology for a shambolic display should give him the momentum for it to never happen again.
Unfortunately this HAS happened again.
Moffats summary of what happened last night is so correct his view of RV is so right.
He looks slow & half the player he did last season.
WHY didn't Tudar Jones get a look in.
McPake injured as we all know.,Stevenson & Hanlon starting out of position. what is going on?
To be honest they were/are a good side & I know there isn't another team in Scotland that could have coped with them last night, one of the other posts on another thread mentioned that it wasn't Brasil we played last night, Maybe not but they would have given them a game.
In the last 12 months they have beaten a decent EPL team (WBA) & have only lost by an odd goal to good a seria A team (Lazio) and 4th in the Bundesliga (Shalke) remember German football is the way forward or so we're told,

PS
Had a bevvy so this might be a bit disjointed:smug:
We DO need to improve but its not as bad as it seems
:banger:

Harsh but true, really hope this is a awake up call for the team and management....... Players need to man up and start playing for the Jersey or gersey or where ever they are from:joke:

GGTTH

Last edited:
Harsh but true, really hope this is a awake up call for the team and management....... Players need to man up and start playing for the gersey

GERSEY

Thought I was Pished:kos:

GERSEY

He meant to say sark.

He meant to say sark.

Dinnae be Sarky

GERSEY

Right then, im pished too, cant spell!! should have just put Football Top..... thanks for pointing that out :glassraise:

Right then, im pished too, cant spell!! should have just put Football Top..... thanks for pointing that out :glassraise:

Whats a flotbal tup ?????

Dinnae be Sarky

Sorry, I'm no alderney that way.

Bet you checked though !!!:smug:

Anyway lets forget about last night and move on

GGTTH

Bet you checked though !!!:smug:

Anyway lets forget about last night and move on

GGTTH

There's only so many times (and so many situations) you can say something like that...

Last night certainly wasn't one of them. I hope the club don't 'forget about last night and move on'​!

There's only so many times (and so many situations) you can say something like that...

Last night certainly wasn't one of them. I hope the club don't 'forget about last night and move on'​!

They shouldn't be allowed to forget it.

The result should be posted in large typeface on every wall of the dressing room.

And maybe some comments from here as well :pf:

Apart from sacking the Manager WHAT else can Happen.
We dont have the funds to be Man City FFS,
All we can do is continue our support OR Protest.
Last night was a 1 off where we met a team at the top of their game & because of the time of year (also bad management/posiyional decisions) we were all over the place & not as fit

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't meant for the club by the way was meant for us supporters that go every week who support whatever,
If we can protest LETS but do you know how? not going to the game is not going to helpas some of these Hibees think, sorry don't know about you in this respect (not being judgenental)

They shouldn't be allowed to forget it.

The result should be posted in large typeface on every wall of the dressing room.

And maybe some comments from here as well :pf:
Good idea.... :pullhair:
We were out played by a better more clinical team well into there league and flighying, reality check and see what happens on the 4th against motherwell
Paddy power :pf:

Good idea.... :pullhair:
We were out played by a better more clinical team well into there league and flighying, reality check and see what happens on the 4th against motherwell
Paddy power :pf:

I agee
Lets see what the attitude is & lets see what Pat puts out,
He's the man to organise the team, hes the man who gets paid for it, do we know better???
I hope not as he trains with them,

I agee
Lets see what the attitude is & lets see what Pat puts out,
He's the man to organise the team, hes the man who gets paid for it, do we know better???
I hope not as he trains with them,
I concur :approve:

This thread has been viewed 2587 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50