• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Half Time Draw Back to earth with a bump?

Green Sleeves

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Hecky's interview 'NO SPLURGE' in todays EEN was a reality check of the kind we've gotten used to over the years.

Apart from the addition of Scott Allan I'm not that excited about this season's team. I dont see our 1st team much improved on last season. We're decent, we'll hold our own, but nothing more than that. We're nowhere near what we had 2 seasons ago when we cane 4th.

The money is there to bring in a couple of marquee signings to get us excited and put is into Top 3 contention.

12k+ STs sold.
Debt free.
7 figure cash injection.
McGinn bonus for getting AV promoted.

I hope Hecky is just bolstering the club's negotiating position for securing new players but truth be told gonna be very deflated if 2-3 top notch first pick marquee signings dont arrive before season kicks off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Well tbh, the fact we’ve just been taken over, supposed money made available, saving 500k a year in loans. Clubs know this, hes not going to say we are going to splash the cash

Canon Hannan

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Aye given there is supposed to be no debt now and investment you would expect a small increase at least in player budget. Suppose time will tell!

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm kind of on the fence about that one, it'd be nice to splash a bit of cash but it's clear that Hecky and George have been tracking the guys we've signed so far for probably six months or more and maybe there's money already been made available to do those deals.

I think if I was Ron coming in I'd be saying, yep, I like the sound of your plans, I'll make sure there's enough cash to seal the deals, and we'll see how next season goes. If they prove to be shrewd signings and there's a solid improvement in the team then that'll give me the confidence in your abilities to sign and manage a team to success so I'll get the purse strings open in January / June.

Wouldn't complain if we signed either Sparky and a top class defensive mid obviously.

We've seen other clubs come into a pile of cash and sign utter huddies who never gelled as a team so I'm comfortable with a more considered approach.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm not reading too much into it. We don't actually know what Hecks budget was or how much he has spent (other than the reported £250k on Doidge).

There was nothing in the interview to suggest we arent going to bring more players in. In fact Heck only recently said we were still in regular contact with Omeonga and McNulty re their future.

I get the trepidation, we at very much entering the unknown, but I don't think we have any cause for pessimism. Yet.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'd imagine the budget had already been increased...
Plans already put in place etc.

I wouldn't expect it to change immediately.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I'd imagine the budget had already been increased...
Plans already put in place etc.

I wouldn't expect it to change immediately.
unless someone of massive interest was made available to us perhaps

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
unless someone of massive interest was made available to us perhaps
Of course, I'd expect us to take each player at their own merit.
But those sort of deals dont happen early window, or, rarely at least.

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I'm reasonably happy with the way things are going, building slowly. The last thing we want is somebody just throwing money willy nilly. Gretna springs tae mind, and before I get shouted at I realise the circumstances are different GGTTH

Green Sleeves

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
New owner.
No debt.
Cash injection.
Lose a friendly to a lower league team.
Now we want to do a Viv Nicholson.
Fuc*in wise up.
Aye that's what was being suggested. Drive the club to banruptcy in one season cos we lost a friendly.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Aye that's what was being suggested. Drive the club to banruptcy in one season cos we lost a friendly.

Lol.
You're suggesting 'marquee signings'.
If that's not splashing cash then....

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
It appears to me that the budget increase has already happened. We’re signing guys who have been on English Championship contracts, plus Scott Allan, and spent money on one player so far. I think our outlay in terms of contracts and signing on fees will be more than this time last year.

Green Sleeves

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lol.
You're suggesting 'marquee signings'.
If that's not splashing cash then....
No looking for another Sauzee cos thats out the Hibs wage structure. My marquee signings would be Omeonga and McNulty who both say they want to play for us. Might still happen.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
No looking for another Sauzee cos thats out the Hibs wage structure. My marquee signings would be Omeonga and McNulty who both say they want to play for us. Might still happen.

I wouldn't call either of those two 'marquee 'signings.
More like '8 person tent 'signings.
But I get you.

Steve20

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’d like to think we will be able to spend a bit more now. This season’s team doesn’t look that great to be honest especially from midfield to up front. We need a defensive midfielder. Then onto the attacking roles -Another creative midfielder if anything was to happen to Allan. And at least one more striker, as Shaw isn’t good enough for this level.

We are a top 6 team, but probably only just. The team as it is has no chance of a top four finish.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’d like to think we will be able to spend a bit more now. This season’s team doesn’t look that great to be honest especially from midfield to up front. We need a defensive midfielder. Then onto the attacking roles -Another creative midfielder if anything was to happen to Allan. And at least one more striker, as Shaw isn’t good enough for this level.

We are a top 6 team, but probably only just. The team as it is has no chance of a top four finish.
Not even seen half of them play yet?

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel