• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

BA strike

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I get that's some cutbacks are not great..but really, are their pilots so hard done by? British Airways pilot salary: How much does a BA pilot earn?

I get that's some cutbacks are not great..but really, are their pilots so hard done by? British Airways pilot salary: How much does a BA pilot earn?
£100,000 I heard.Been offered 11% pay rise over 3 years but want BA profit share!
Poor sods!

They took pay cuts and had their pensions cut among other things in the bad times and now want a share of the profits during the good times.

It doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, whatever they earn.

They took pay cuts and had their pensions cut among other things in the bad times and now want a share of the profits during the good times.

It doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, whatever they earn.
Nor me Jack. They are squealing when McDonnell said yesterday,that bonuses ,yes bonuses, would be restricted to ,bankers, financial heids that at present, before massive salaries collect £42,000,000,000 in bonuses, oh dear 2008 crash didnae happen.

BIG G

case of 2 wrongs don't make a right? greedy bosses lead to greedy pilots....how about the bosses get less greedy, the pilots recognise their well paid...and profits go to making the passenger experience more memorable, and charity causes

Here’s a bit off the wall idea.
The shareholders are getting good money. The pilots are earning a fecking fortune in anyone’s terms.
Maybe reduce the fares for the punters?

Daft idea I know, but Forza and Southfield might agree.

The shareholders are getting good money. The pilots are earning a fecking fortune in anyone’s terms.

Correct!

Darn why didn't I think of that !!

I’ll support anyone’s right to strike,Mon the workers!

The actual airfare on most tickets bought is maybe 1/3rd or even 1/4th of what you end up paying. Majority is various taxes. Most of us plebs in BA economy are there simply for ballast truth be told. The rich ones upfront ( like Jack) are the ones paying for the flight.

BA have been making fortunes recently since they streamlined and partnered up with Iberia. Maybe the pilots are due a share of profits, maybe only if when the shit hits the fan they take a hit on the losses? Aye, right.

General rule: avoid BA. Flying east from Scotland...Emirates/Qatar/Turkish all superior. Flying West..United/Delta/Icelandair all better. Even Ryanair/Easyjet/Jet2 are better than BA for Europe flights.

Last edited:
General rule: avoid BA. Flying east from Scotland...Emirates/Qatar/Turkish all superior. Flying West..United/Delta both better. Even Ryanair/Easyjet/Jet2 are better than BA for Europe flights.

Agree, but flying to London, BA win hands down.

Agree, but flying to London, BA win hands down.
It's not a commute I thankfully have to do. They've certainly got that route sown up, although FlyBe try their best. Loganair to Southend has it's merits, think they'll introduce an Edinburgh option next year. 40 minutes on the train to Liverpool St.

Yes, I work beside St Pauls Cathedral, 20 minutes from London City by DLR is unbeatable and if BA gets it wrong they sort you out, others don't. FlyMayBE are not a patch in them.

The actual airfare on most tickets bought is maybe 1/3rd or even 1/4th of what you end up paying. Majority is various taxes. Most of us plebs in BA economy are there simply for ballast truth be told. The rich ones upfront ( like Jack) are the ones paying for the flight.

BA have been making fortunes recently since they streamlined and partnered up with Iberia. Maybe the pilots are due a share of profits, maybe only if when the shit hits the fan they take a hit on the losses? Aye, right.

General rule: avoid BA. Flying east from Scotland...Emirates/Qatar/Turkish all superior. Flying West..United/Delta/Icelandair all better. Even Ryanair/Easyjet/Jet2 are better than BA for Europe flights.

For my recent flight to Durban, first BA flight for years, the difference between our cheap seat and "up front" was more than what each of us paid for 26 nights cruising in an expensive cabin all in*!

It's no gonna happen!

* Or our bar tab if we hadn't been all inclusive ?

No joke....I flew Heathrow to JFK last October and due to a series of fuck ups they flew a 747 with less than 100 passengers on it. I had a row of 4 seats to myself as did almost every other economy passenger. If they can afford to do this, they can afford to pay staff properly.

Don’t forget pilot training easily costs 300k which most spend a fair chunk of their career paying back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No joke....I flew Heathrow to JFK last October and due to a series of fuck ups they flew a 747 with less than 100 passengers on it. I had a row of 4 seats to myself as did almost every other economy passenger. If they can afford to do this, they can afford to pay staff properly.

Don’t forget pilot training easily costs 300k which most spend a fair chunk of their career paying back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on a BA 747 from Edinburgh to Heathrow for a work trip, it was full!

As long as the Jet 2 drivers aren't on strike a fortnight the morn

Bloody hell.

You off on holiday AGAIN?

Where to this time?

Bloody hell.

You off on holiday AGAIN?

Where to this time?

Turkey

We had flights for our honeymoon booked for today and received an email saying they were cancelled, so I rebooked with KLM. We then got an email saying sorry, it was an error, and our flights were still going ahead. 4 days trying to get through to get a refund for the tickets. Will probably just try KLM first next time.

We had flights for our honeymoon booked for today and received an email saying they were cancelled, so I rebooked with KLM. We then got an email saying sorry, it was an error, and our flights were still going ahead. 4 days trying to get through to get a refund for the tickets. Will probably just try KLM first next time.
Congrats on your nuptials but you have been here long enough tae know the rules of @ Sir Shrink. :102::giggley:

Better get her picture up quick mate.
If your current wife reads the Bounce and sees you’re already planning a second marriage I can’t see you having many opportunities for photographs.

Had a very good experience with BA a few years ago. It was the early days of SkyScanner and somehow it allowed me to book flights back from Toronto Edinburgh via London, unfortunately the arrival airport was Heathrow and the departing airport Gatwick with a 1.5 hour connection time! Never noticed this until I arrived in Heathrow. Went to the BA customer services desk and explained my predicament and they switched my flight to the next departing flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh at no cost to me. It was totally my fuck up so they could easily have charged me for a new flight, so fair play.

On the flip side, I've found Virgin to be an utter shambles, refuse to fly with them again. Was stuck offshore and was supposed to be travelling down to London with mates for the racing at Ascot. Eventually caught a separate flight down the following day. They told Virgin that I wouldn't be making the outbound flight but would still make the return and Virgin said this would be fine. Fast forward to the return flight on the Sunday and Virgin now informed me my flight had been cancelled due to missing the outbound flight and I would have to buy a new ticket. Explained we had been told otherwise by the girl at the desk in Edinburgh but they weren't budging. Massive queue now forming behind us at the desk as we argued the case. In the end I had to buy a new ticket which was duly paid for in cash (mainly smash) out of badness! :grinning-smiley-045:

This thread has been viewed 1847 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back