• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Asteras Tripoli v Hibernian - All the chat here

DarrenSQH

Private Member
Reaction score
Dont want to jinx us in but in the chance the next round is in Greece, how many people are planning on going?

I just book flights to Athens. Tuesday 31st leaving Glasgow-Berlin-Athens with easyjet

Friday back home Athens- Stockholm- Edinburgh.

Anyone been to Athens before? Where is best to stay?

Also I have emailed the local bus companies about travel to Tripoli on gameday and the replied...
Hello from Tripolis,

Our buses depart from the Kifissos terminal at 6:00, 8:00, 9:30, 11:00, 12:30, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:30, 20:15 and 22:00 and the buses depart from Tripolis to Athens at 5:00, 6:45, 8:30, 9:30, 11:00 12:30, 13:45, 15:00, 16:30, 17:30, 19:00 and 21:30 on Thursdays. Hope you enjoy your stay here and the best team wins!

Last edited by a moderator:
booked on day of draw for a week on Zante, then travelling over to Tripoli for the game. At the moment, every hotel in Tripoli is fully booked from mon-friday the week we are 'alleged' to be there. Whether thats loads o' confident Hibbies, or the hotels are waiting until the tie is confirmed then release rooms with a bumped up price, Sauzee knows?

Edin-(Jet2)Zante, Zante-(ferry)Kyllini, Kyllini-(bus)Tripoli. Match. Tripoli-(bus)Athens, Athens-(Ryan)Stan, Stan-(Easy)Edin

the worst that can happen is I get a weeks holiday in Greece wae ma laddie

Last edited:
I'm going with Brussels Airlines on the Wed. Edinburgh - Brussels - Athens and the same coming back on the Friday. Not thought about match travel yet

Off to the Faroes first but booked up for that after booking Greece. Paid off because I reckon I've got a reasonable deal via Stansted both ways. Night in Athens and a night in Tripolis. If it comes to it then I'll have 2 nights in Athens and enjoy a city break I've not done before. Probably public bus between the two Greek bases - thanks for the timetable info by the way

Faroes on 19th, home via Copenhagen. Fly to Athens 1 August - Tripolis 1 night - Athens, 1 day sightseeing - then home Saturday 4th. Looking forward to the next trip - maybe somewhere a wee bit easier to get to.

I will be in Corfu at the time, hoping to sort something out

Me and the laddies are now booked, Glasgow Crete Athens Crete Edinburgh for £267 each.

Me and the laddies are now booked, Glasgow Crete Athens Crete Edinburgh for £267 each.

What dates mate?

I'm now booked up, flying out Wednesday morning from Edinburgh to London, London to Athens. Plan to stay for 4 nights in Athens and accept I'm missing the Motherwell game as a chance to make the most of the trip.

I'm now booked up, flying out Wednesday morning from Edinburgh to London, London to Athens. Plan to stay for 4 nights in Athens and accept I'm missing the Motherwell game as a chance to make the most of the trip.

depends what time your flight is, you may still make 'Well game on sunday

Dont want to jinx us in but in the chance the next round is in Greece, how many people are planning on going?

I just book flights to Athens. Tuesday 31st leaving Glasgow-Berlin-Athens with easyjet

Friday back home Athens- Stockholm- Edinburgh.

Anyone been to Athens before? Where is best to stay?

Also I have emailed the local bus companies about travel to Tripoli on gameday and the replied...

Darren, what was email for bus co? Need to find out what's what for Kyllini - Tripoli after we get off ferry.

Darren, what was email for bus co? Need to find out what's what for Kyllini - Tripoli after we get off ferry.

Gary Cunningham is looking at hiring a bus from the port to Tripoli, might be worth giving him a bell.

Gary Cunningham is looking at hiring a bus from the port to Tripoli, might be worth giving him a bell.

cheers bud, I'm sure he is booked on Zante as well

He is. They get there the Wednesday night.

ktelark@hotmail.com

Was the email for their version of public buses that run from Athens to Tripoli.

Asteras Tripoli vs Tottenham Hotspur
This may be of some use or interest...

Asteras Tripoli vs Tottenham Hotspur
This may be of some use or interest...

Nice to see our English neighbours getting there tax moneys worth, where is the Scottish clubs info for next week?

Nice to see our English neighbours getting there tax moneys worth, where is the Scottish clubs info for next week?
My cousin works at the Foreign office. I've asked. Spurs asked for the info to be put together as part of the package they were putting together to support their fans travelling to Greece.
We've got fans reps who tell us to check message boards for details of fans ' self-found transportation plans. Nothing from our club to help fans prepare or plan for either trip. Not for logistics, not for security and not for safety. No doubt we'll get a website message on Tuesday reminding us all to be good.

I worked with Jim Pryde (?) when he was at Hibs on the Elfborg trip, he was helpful.

My cousin works at the Foreign office. I've asked. Spurs asked for the info to be put together as part of the package they were putting together to support their fans travelling to Greece.
We've got fans reps who tell us to check message boards for details of fans ' self-found transportation plans. Nothing from our club to help fans prepare or plan for either trip. Not for logistics, not for security and not for safety. No doubt we'll get a website message on Tuesday reminding us all to be good.
Tbf, the club can't put out stuff for Greece e just yet. We're not through yet.

I wouldn't expect Hibs to [publicly]make any announcement of Greek travel plans, as it would be disrespectful to the Faroes with the tie still in progress. We could lose 5-zip and go out :lookaround:
But I would definitely expect info regarding Faroes trip even before 1st leg was played. Shocking that no info for those traveling on club charter, or other means to get there, have not been released 2-3 days before they leave.
There has to be better comms between club and fans for games like this.

Tbf, the club can't put out stuff for Greece e just yet. We're not through yet.
I'm talking about The Faroes in the first instance. You'd expect an organised club to be good to go for Greece come Friday morning

With regards to the fans reps when last did either bother posting on here?

I wonder if it was the Spurs SLO that made the request?

From my memory of reading the UEFA SLO handbook some years ago it's all covered there.

Good on the travelling supporters that have researched local travel and come up with timetables and stuff but with the best will in the world 300+ supporters aren't going to be getting on the same service bus to the ground and possibly more waiting at the bus stop to get back after the game!

With regards to the fans reps when last did either bother posting on here?

When was the last time they were asked to? When was the last time they were tagged?

There's a catering thread on dotnet started after Thursday's match. They have responded to that.

When was the last time they were asked to? When was the last time they were tagged?

There's a catering thread on dotnet started after Thursday's match. They have responded to that.

Think majority of people have gave up trying to communicate with them they’re pretty much less than useful. If someone tagged them in a post they probably wouldn’t get a reply until after the game

I tagged Tracey on the day of the draw asking for them to do what they could to encourage club support for fans going to the Faroes. She responded on another social media platform saying she couldn't log in here but would pass on the request and get back to us...

Oh right they only post when they are asked to. That's remarkable engagement. Even by your usual absurd standards what nonsense!

I tagged Tracey on the day of the draw asking for them to do what they could to encourage club support for fans going to the Faroes. She responded on another social media platform saying she couldn't log in here but would pass on the request and get back to us...

Why can't she log in?

Oh right they only post when they are asked to. That's remarkable engagement. Even by your usual absurd standards what nonsense!

You honestly think they are able to devote the time needed to trawl through all the different social media outlets on the off chance someone somewhere mentioned them? You could maybe volunteer to do it.

They've probably got a life to be getting on with.

Why can't she log in?
No idea. It was around the time of the server move

You honestly think they are able to devote the time needed to trawl through all the different social media outlets on the off chance someone somewhere mentioned them? You could maybe volunteer to do it.

I think you are a man of reasonable intelligence so I will not take seriously such a ridiculous post. You've deliberately missed the point trying to be an arse. The point is they don't post or interact on here. At. All.

I think you are a man of reasonable intelligence so I will not take seriously such a ridiculous post. You've deliberately missed the point trying to be an arse. The point is they don't post or interact on here. At. All.

And when they do interact on here they pick and choose what questions to reply too

And when they do interact on here they pick and choose what questions to reply too

What’s the point of them being fan reps If they dont even attempt to help the fans, on such matters as important as Logistis for euro games, fan safety ,food etc etc ,
Thought that’s why they were elected for fuck sake.....‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve found pretty good flights early morning on the day from Gatwick to Kalamata and returning the next day. I was going to get the bus or maybe rent a car to get to Tripoli.

Unfortunately, I’ve just realised that I’m taking the kids and some of their friends to a festival that same day. Football vs Family grr!

I’ve found pretty good flights early morning on the day from Gatwick to Kalamata and returning the next day. I was going to get the bus or maybe rent a car to get to Tripoli.

Unfortunately, I’ve just realised that I’m taking the kids and some of their friends to a festival that same day. Football vs Family grr!

Im in corfu at the time, checked on flights to Kalamata..... 7hr 1 stop flight :cover:
Its only 240 miles.... eg fly to berlin then Kalamata etc mental man. Ferry for me I think to mainland and hire car to drive down early on the Thursday, overnight stay them return, taking Mrs and 11 yr old daughter. Daughter major excited about it :bouncy:

Im in corfu at the time, checked on flights to Kalamata..... 7hr 1 stop flight :cover:
Its only 240 miles.... eg fly to berlin then Kalamata etc mental man. Ferry for me I think to mainland and hire car to drive down early on the Thursday, overnight stay them return, taking Mrs and 11 yr old daughter. Daughter major excited about it :bouncy:

Did you check flights from Corfu to Athens, I got flights from Crete to Athens return for 22 euro each way last week.

Did you check flights from Corfu to Athens, I got flights from Crete to Athens return for 22 euro each way last week.
Aye mate, cheapest i could get was £99, and not great times tbh, at least this way my mrs and daughter can come, cheers anyway Mark:victory:

maybe not so much as "trawl through social media platforms", but at least compile travel information with our (possible)opponents/travel partners etc, so that fans have as much info as possible. Thats a basic requirement for any kind of fans rep, and shouldn't be a burden for them. If they volunteer for the gig then they should be expected to put in some graft for it.

maybe not so much as "trawl through social media platforms", but at least compile travel information with our (possible)opponents/travel partners etc, so that fans have as much info as possible. Thats a basic requirement for any kind of fans rep, and shouldn't be a burden for them. If they volunteer for the gig then they should be expected to put in some graft for it.

I agree mate how hard could it be,couple of emails to the opponents, one to mayor of town.sure they would be glad to help ,with bus routes,hotels, pubs,restaurants, there town will make money from us comeing,so they would be falling over themselves to help.

This thread has been viewed 36454 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50