• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Arfix model kits

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Lots of folks say the stuff you're taught at school is useless in later life. You know; how to use a slide rule, logarithms, Pythagoras theories of relativity and all that. They're mostly right, I can't remember in all the years since school these things have ever been useful for me.

However upto my early teens I enjoyed making Arfix kits, Spitfires, Lancasters, Mosquitoes and Messerschitts suspended from the ceiling: HMS Victory beside the Tirpitz on a shelf.

Making these up has been very useful in later life.

Today I have taken apart my wife's hoover for its annual clean. Almost completely dismantled and put together again - without instructions of course!

And it works!!

I think I'll take the rest of the day off while gazing at said hoover with a certain amount of satisfaction :giggley:

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Used to make those too as a kid. Spending hours in Harburn Hobbies.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lots of folks say the stuff you're taught at school is useless in later life. You know; how to use a slide rule, logarithms, Pythagoras theories of relativity and all that. They're mostly right, I can't remember in all the years since school these things have ever been useful for me.

However upto my early teens I enjoyed making Arfix kits, Spitfires, Lancasters, Mosquitoes and Messerschitts suspended from the ceiling: HMS Victory beside the Tirpitz on a shelf.

Today I have taken apart my wife's hoover for its annual clean. Almost completely dismantled and put together again - without instructions of course!

And it works!!

I think I'll take the rest of the day off while gazing at said hoover with a certain amount of satisfaction :giggley:
Airfix models were too easy.
It was all the fuc&ing bits left over that I didn't understand.
What was that about?

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor

And it works!!

You should have went to school and learned how to spell instead of wasting time on model planes.

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Harburn hobbies near the fit o' the walk if I remember correctly. Loved the auld airfix models. Used tae hang them fae the ceiling anaw. The innocence of youth

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ah the joys of trying to stick that wee pilot to his seat only to let go and find he was stuck to your fingers and your mum dyeing her carpet red after my brother spilt a paint pot which didnae come oot!Then you spent ages trying to scrub the glue off your fingers,and your mum saying,'I warned you you have to let every bit dry first!'.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
My mate Andy(Jambo) is still making them, don't really understand it myself.We met at school due to an interest in punk.He goes to these model making conventions and has this weird fascination for tanks and shit.If it turns out he shoots 30 folk in Princes St don't say I never mentioned it.

Visit Frutin Travel

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£70.00
This donation drive ends in

Motherwell v Hibs