• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Anyone know anything about reel to reels?

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I have been sitting here listening to my mum's Phillips 2 track reel to reel recorder,and I've come across a tape of my late dad talking and telling a wee story.Anyway it got me wondering how could I get it transposed to something a bit more modern such as a CD rom?

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Doesn't appear to have at least nothing that seems to work.I'll look see if I can find the instruction maneul online.

Hectorhib

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
When I saw the title thread, I thought you talking about dancing again

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I have been sitting here listening to my mum's Phillips 2 track reel to reel recorder,and I've come across a tape of my late dad talking and telling a wee story.Anyway it got me wondering how could I get it transposed to something a bit more modern such as a CD rom?
You could do a cheap and cheerful by just using a sound recording app using your phone's microphone. Not sure how good the quality would be though, I'm sure there'll be companies in town that could do it more professionally.

Bofahibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
If it has line outs from the reel to reel, you need something like this

Plug it into your computer and use media player or on a Mac use QuickTime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Thanks that's been useful.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
@moathibby sometimes you can find old tape decks in 2nd hand shops? Or ask family/friends if they have one in a cubbyhole somewhere... If the deck has a line out, you're in!

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in