• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Anyone following the Sturgeon v Salmond shenanigans

Do you think Sturgeon should resign

• No, she's nothing to resign for

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • No, she's really popular even if she had done something we can overlook it

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Yes, although her breaches of the ministerial code were trivial rules are rules

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yes, the manoeuvres of the first minister and her allies have brought shame on the parliament

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters
Dafuq is Margaret Mitchell trying to say?? Reminds me of that balloon that was defending Trump at the impeachment trial, complete word salad.

Watching Linda Fabiani trying to get her to shut her gob because she was waffling on and on ....... confusing herself and everyone else was cringeworthy.

The woman is clearly a halfwit.

Watching Linda Fabiani trying to get her to shut her gob because she was waffling on and on ..... confusing herself and everyone else was cringeworthy.

The woman is clearly a halfwit.
LF: Chop chop with your question Mags, it's 3 minutes to 5 and I want to get away for my tea.

MM: Don't know if I can do this quickly, the things I'm about to say really get to the heart of the matter in the most profound way.

LF: Well get on with it then

MM: ***Random assemblage of words, non words and odd noises in no discernible order whatsoever***

A Plague on both their houses. A fat misogynistic sleazebag and a lying careerist. On saying that I still believe in Indy and so I have joined a new movement called Now Scotland, a coming together of Indy minded individuals.

I have joined a new movement called Now Scotland, a coming together of Indy minded individuals.
Angus you've been in mair groups than Dave Grohl.

BIG G

A Plague on both their houses. A fat misogynistic sleazebag and a lying careerist. On saying that I still believe in Indy and so I have joined a new movement called Now Scotland, a coming together of Indy minded individuals.
Me too, snp membership won’t be renewed in June unless something fundamental changes there.

I am the same and she has acquitted herself well so far today too. I have to say Cole Hamilton comes over as a slimy bugger.
Know him quite well Mark. Your assessment is correct

Latest news is 40 thousand have left the SNP,people are beginning to wake up.

Angus you've been in mair groups than Dave Grohl.

BIG G

It's better that than clinging on to a party that isnae working.

40,000 eh?

Is that just today?

Where are you seeing that Moaty?

I'm asking because a poster across the road suggested they're climbing. I looked up Google and its suggesting 125ķ as of January up 2,000 in the last couple of years.

It's better that than clinging on to a party that isnae working.

I had heard a rumour of 50,000 have left since the last scottish parliament elections, I have never seen one fact to substantiate it though?

The site crashed today with new memberships

10 percent rise so far in the last day.

Last edited:
I'm more confused than ever.
NS appears to be getting accused of chatting to AS and trying to see if there was anyway should could help out her old pal , and attempting to brush it under the carpet.

NS is accused of a witch hunt against NS???

It was the procurator fiscal who decided an offence needed to be judged in court. What exactly is the horrendous crime NS has commited?

What I can tell about memberships:

It was 30k around the time of the referendum in September 2014. By the time Salmond stood down it had climbed to 93k.

In the aftermath of the Brexit vote that climbed to 125k+ which was the last official figure in 2018. Since then the snp have been less than forthcoming with membership figures, so there is no longer an official figure.

However there have been informed figures from insiders that the current membership is 70,000-80,000. This is still a massive number, but is an enormous drop in membership.

Of course the snp could come out and state what the figure is and put an end to the speculation.

Does anyone think there's room for two or more bona fide independence parties?

The SNP has always been a bit of an odd political cabal in my opinion with a broad spectrum of political views. Its been referred to as the Tartan Tories in the distant past then a huge influx of new members a few years ago saw that well and truly gubbed.

Holding together such a diverse range of views has been some achievement in itself and I'm surprised the unity has been so strong - up till now.

Trust that wee fat egotistical jambo to blow that out the water. He was not guilty of all the charges laid against him but his character type was never going to do the cause any good once the inevitable revelations broke.
I was just saying this to someone the other day. Another independent party is probably a good option.

I was just saying this to someone the other day. Another independent party is probably a good option.
I've been thinking about this a wee bit more and the more sense it makes.

Think about the news.

The SNP make some comment on independence. The report will then get the views of the Torys, unionist, Labour, unionist, Libdem, unionist. Without any apparent bias we've been fed 1 independence view and 3 unionist views giving the impression there more unionists out there. Same works in reverse.

Its the same whatever political TV stuff you're watching.

At least with a credible second independence party this might be evened up a bit.

I think a list only indy party is probably inevitable given the current division in the snp that has taken hold in the last couple of years.

But this goes back to the whole split in the snp in 1979 and the 79 group - fundamentalists v gradualists.

I also think a new indy party would get taken apart by political commentators without some competent people and clear strategy. But, on the flip of that they would only need around a 10% to win 15 seats, seats that are currently impossible for the snp to win.

There's a lot of chatter that the Salmond may link up with one of the parties; I can't see it - he's snp and I think the intimation today that he's going after Liz Lloyd - Sturgeons COS suggests he has unfinished business to resolve.

I think a list only indy party is probably inevitable given the current division in the snp that has taken hold in the last couple of years.

But this goes back to the whole split in the snp in 1979 and the 79 group - fundamentalists v gradualists.

I also think a new indy party would get taken apart by political commentators without some competent people and clear strategy. But, on the flip of that they would only need around a 10% to win 15 seats, seats that are currently impossible for the snp to win.

There's a lot of chatter that the Salmond may link up with one of the parties; I can't see it - he's snp and I think the intimation today that he's going after Liz Lloyd - Sturgeons COS suggests he has unfinished business to resolve.

If he is involved, that party would not get my second vote. I am sure there are many Salmond/ Cherry/ McAskill supporters will say the opposite. Only one winner here..... the union.

If he is involved, that party would not get my second vote. I am sure there are many Salmond/ Cherry/ McAskill supporters will say the opposite. Only one winner here..... the union.
A common theme, across all the divided factions, is the suspicion of unionist infiltration like a cancer at the heart of the the independence movement.

Are they all wrong?

I'm going to do something which will appall @PILTONSTANY and reference a certain website because it talks about snp membership:

It's a controversial website for a lot of reasons, most recently because snp elected officials want anyone who retweets links to it to have their membership withdrawn.

To put that to the side, it does however put the snp membership at 87k a year ago with solid basis, and anecdotally I have to agree there has been a considerable departure since then so the figure put forward of 70k seems plausible. Did 7000 new people join yesterday? That would be an amazing response to the first ministers testimony, especially as no one I know actually watched all of it.

No, "Not a fuck is given, all as bad as each other" option?

It's a controversial website for a lot of reasons, most recently because snp elected officials want anyone who retweets links to it to have their membership withdrawn.
Splendid. I thought Stalinism vis a vis Starmer and Blairite suspensions and threats of expulsions was only happening in the Labour Party. Talk of infiltrators seems a common theme too. Watch your backs.

BIG G

That would be an amazing response to the first ministers testimony, especially as no one I know actually watched all of it.
I know of two people that watched it.

They're still recovering.

Splendid. I thought Stalinism vis a vis Starmer and Blairite suspensions and threats of expulsions was only happening in the Labour Party. Talk of infiltrators seems a common theme too. Watch your backs.

BIG G

The British state wouldn't doing its job properly if there are not infiltrators in high positions in both the Labour party and the SNP.

Be astounded if there wasn't.

BIG G

The sight of Indy supporters seeing 7500 folk rejoining the main Indy party as a bad thing is pretty bizarre

They wouldn’t even have been talking about sisting the case if the government had released all the documents it should have.

They wouldn’t even have been talking about sisting the case if the government had released all the documents it should have.
Agreed,no sure why they’ve bothered dragging it out.
It’s rallied the troops and made others look a bit daft if that was the intention...

Last edited:
Saw this while getting my messages, couldnae resist buying.

20210308_153148.jpg

BIG G

5-4 that Sturgeon misled the committee

Pre judged IMO and I don’t even vote SNP

5-4 that Sturgeon misled the committee

Pre judged IMO and I don’t even vote SNP
Pretty sure that ‘coincidentally’ the split will be along party lines.

Pretty sure that ‘coincidentally’ the split will be along party lines.
The anomaly is Andy Wightman, ex-Green and now Independent, who seems to have lined up with the Labour, LibDem and Tory members. I doubt he's a Unionist.

If i was in Edinburgh Central id be voting bonnie prince bob

If i was in Edinburgh Central id be voting bonnie prince bob

Good hibby apparently.
Angus is a Jambo

Watched some of that BPB stuff today and recognise him from ER, was told today he owns and rents out half a dozen flats in central Edinburgh so if that’s true not sure why he’s asking for donations from the public

Watched some of that BPB stuff today and recognise him from ER, was told today he owns and rents out half a dozen flats in central Edinburgh so if that’s true not sure why he’s asking for donations from the public
Never use your own money if you don't need to. Seems the politicians way of doing things.

Well I live in Central Edinburgh and I won't be voting for BPB. It's not that I don't share most of his aspirations for Scotland and his views on careerist politicians, it's just that if I did I would be increasing the chances of Ruth the Mooth's successor of retaining the seat for our imperial masters. I voted Labour faithfully until the end of Blair's first term of office. Since then I have always voted SNP, despite some of the shite they spout from time to time (2014 white paper, retain the queen as head of state, retain the pound as our currency etc, etc.). I have never been a member of the SNP, nor intend to be. I don't like affiliating myself to institutions which invariably start off with noble intentions but end up being more concerned with self preservation than the reasons they were set up for e.g. religions, political parties, charitable organisations etc.etc. But I do believe passionately in democracy, of which we haven't experienced much of in Scotlandshire of late. I don't give much of a shit about the SNP, my assumption is that there will be no need for them when we get independence. But I do look forward to political parties having to realign themselves in an independent Scottish republic where they will find themselves a damn sight more accountable than the present system allows. And Big G, you know that I love you but if we do get another referendum dinnae get all better together with some of these wankers.

This thread has been viewed 17469 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back