• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Any update on Molde away TV coverage?

FWIW ....STV Edinburgh didn't take it either ... or BBC Alba .... baill ghiniúna

Does STV Edinburgh still exist? I thought it been dropped.

Does STV Edinburgh still exist? I thought it been dropped.
They still introduce themselves as STV Edinburgh in the 6pm news.

SPFL are going into talks with Facebook, Amazon and some other company for the tv rights when the BT and sky deal ends in 2020.

Absolute disgrace it's not got more coverage but it has been a funny old Euro jaunt so far and nothing comes as a surprise.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Like this idea but it has its Pros & Cons. As it stands, most of the Hibs games have been on Facebook or some other platform for free on account of Hibs TV streaming it. I imagine if facebook won the rights then most of the games would be shown there and we can guarantee any free/illegal streams won't make it through.

On the plus side, the streams won't be restricted to a physical channel so we could potentially have all 6 SPL games streamed at once. Guess it all depends on how much they would pay for the rights, cant see the likes of facebook ect paying more than BT/Sky tho.

Hibs apparently will block your account if they detect a VPN although I don't know how they they can? In the Tees & cees of the service.
The BBC and other broadcasters detect shared IP addresses so the workaround is to have a private VPN line which means you'll be allocated an IP. But best to tell Hibs TV what you're doing anyway.

The BBC and other broadcasters detect shared IP addresses so the workaround is to have a private VPN line which means you'll be allocated an IP. But best to tell Hibs TV what you're doing anyway.

Never had a problem with Hibs TV and a VPN, mines is not static and has worked with Hibs TV for a couple of years now without issue.

Like this idea but it has its Pros & Cons. As it stands, most of the Hibs games have been on Facebook or some other platform for free on account of Hibs TV streaming it. I imagine if facebook won the rights then most of the games would be shown there and we can guarantee any free/illegal streams won't make it through.

On the plus side, the streams won't be restricted to a physical channel so we could potentially have all 6 SPL games streamed at once. Guess it all depends on how much they would pay for the rights, cant see the likes of facebook ect paying more than BT/Sky tho.

If all 6 games were being shown at once, crowds would suffer.
No live football, ever at 3pm on a Saturday.

Amazon are already getting into the BPL I believe? Sure I seen that they were showing everything I bet Christmas a while back?

Amazon prime have the US Open tennis next month and have some EPL next season. This is the next big thing and would love to see Scottish football go all in with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon prime have the US Open tennis next month and have some EPL next season. This is the next big thing and would love to see Scottish football go all in with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you just know that the people negotiating the deal for the SFA will be incompetent and undersell our game. The current deal is worth 20 million and thats about a third of what a team relegated from the EPL gets as a parachute and a lot less than many countries around Europe get from SKY. Of the main European countries only Austria gets less than Scotland does.

Actually, belay that last part. Even Austria gets more than we do. Only by about £250K but still more.

Google would be the company for the SFA to go with I'd say. There is no bigger viewing platform on earth than YouTube, the ad revenue that live sport on there would bring in would surely fund a decent broadcasting deal.

This thread has been viewed 8141 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50