• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Any older Hibs fans remember this happening ?

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
On the Saturday 5th February 1977, Celtic defeated Hibs 4-2 at Parkhead. The very next day Sunday 6th February Hibs defeated Partick Thistle 3-0 at Easter Road in a Scottish Cup tie. I actually remember this and I also remember thinking at the time how ridiculous and unfair it was. I cannot remember any other time when Hibs have played two games in consecutive days. Any stattos out there come up with another occasion when this has happened ?

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Can't be sure, but would imagine we've done Jan 1 & 2 in the past.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Partick were part time at the time too iirc - it was because of restrictions on floodlight games perhaps?

ianwalker1875

Bounce Radge
Yes.
my 21st weekend.
Guess where I was😁
Great weekend to be a supporter of Hibernian
(and before anyone casts doubts I don’t drink)

Bobby_Combe

Bounce Radge
Yup.

It's on the FitbaStats website but there are no details regarding the circumstances. No reason given for playing on successive days.

But the same site records a 0-0 draw at Tynecastle on the 2nd of January 1967 and a 2-0 win over Dunfermline at ER the following day. And the following year we beat the Gunts 1-0 at ER on New Year's Day and drew 2-2 with Raith at Starks Park on the following day. That one I do remember; I was very disappointed that we didn't beat Raith.

Which confirms what weehibbydrew says - in those days it wasn't unusual to play two days running around New Year.

Useful site, that. http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/index.php

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I should have remembered but I was probably too engrossed in Never Mind the Bollocks to notice.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I should have remembered but I was probably too engrossed in Never Mind the Bollocks to notice.
‘Never mind.’

These were the two words that seemed superfluous in the above.

Glad you found your way home Moaty. Unless you’re posting on your phone from a random roundabout.

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I think Pat Stanton's testimonial v Celtic was played on a Sunday and the previous day Hibs had played Celtic in a league match at Easter Road.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Cannae get my heid round the present situation. I have attended most Hibs games in the 60's and 70's European and Cup, of which were mostly played on Wednesday's and some Thursdays . Apart from Finals. Jesus how things have changed.
As I have said before on this splendid site. I personally seen the Hibernians beat Real Madrid on the Wednesday and ram the Huns totally at Ibrox 2-4 on the Saturday a couple of days later. Happy days.

BIG G

mentalhibbyjohn

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I think Pat Stanton's testimonial v Celtic was played on a Sunday and the previous day Hibs had played Celtic in a league match at Easter Road.
Actually it was a 1 all draw against Aberdeen at ER Willie. I was at both games, April 29th and 30th 1978.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Thank you for putting me right. I'm constantly finding out that things I'm absolutely certain I remember happening, actually didn't!
I’m the opposite.

I’m absolutely certain I can’t remember things that did happen.
Actually, I think I remember other things that I can’t now remember because Harlem’s post popping up just now distracted me.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

The Scottish Cup Winners v Der Hun

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in