• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Any older Hibs fans remember this happening ?

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
On the Saturday 5th February 1977, Smellies... defeated Hibs 4-2 at Parkhead. The very next day Sunday 6th February Hibs defeated Partick Thistle 3-0 at Easter Road in a Scottish Cup tie. I actually remember this and I also remember thinking at the time how ridiculous and unfair it was. I cannot remember any other time when Hibs have played two games in consecutive days. Any stattos out there come up with another occasion when this has happened ?

Bobby_Combe

Bounce Radge
Yup.

It's on the FitbaStats website but there are no details regarding the circumstances. No reason given for playing on successive days.

But the same site records a 0-0 draw at Tynecastle on the 2nd of January 1967 and a 2-0 win over Dunfermline at ER the following day. And the following year we beat the Hearts 1-0 at ER on New Year's Day and drew 2-2 with Raith at Starks Park on the following day. That one I do remember; I was very disappointed that we didn't beat Raith.

Which confirms what weehibbydrew says - in those days it wasn't unusual to play two days running around New Year.

Useful site, that. http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/index.php

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
I think Pat Stanton's testimonial v Smellies... was played on a Sunday and the previous day Hibs had played Smellies... in a league match at Easter Road.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Cannae get my heid round the present situation. I have attended most Hibs games in the 60's and 70's European and Cup, of which were mostly played on Wednesday's and some Thursdays . Apart from Finals. Jesus how things have changed.
As I have said before on this splendid site. I personally seen the Hibernians beat Real Madrid on the Wednesday and ram the Huns totally at Ibrox 2-4 on the Saturday a couple of days later. Happy days.

BIG G

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Bounce Radge
Thank you for putting me right. I'm constantly finding out that things I'm absolutely certain I remember happening, actually didn't!
Yeah, same as being married really...

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Bounce Radge
Thank you for putting me right. I'm constantly finding out that things I'm absolutely certain I remember happening, actually didn't!
I’m the opposite.

I’m absolutely certain I can’t remember things that did happen.
Actually, I think I remember other things that I can’t now remember because Harlem’s post popping up just now distracted me.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£20.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old