Andy Murray to Retire?

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Nov 2, 2006
Gloucester
Folk won't know what they had till it's gone...
Yep, for the last 2 or 3 of years I've tried just to enjoy watching him play, without getting too emotionally invested on the actual outcome of his big matches (though obviously still hoping he wins). Best British sportsman of all time IMO. Proper champion with nothing left to prove.

Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
The really sad thing is he's only 31 years old and when you think about Roger Federer who went on to win tournaments in his late 30's after injury.

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Lad who survived one of Scotland darkest days to give Scottish sports fans some of their greatest moments (and i'm not a tennis fan). Retire, buy Hibs and we'll see you in the persevere pre-match Andy.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Nov 2, 2006
Gloucester
Absolutely.Legend.Only slightly disapointlng thing is he never really pushed the Scottish angle with a saltire or a patch of his Murray tartan.
He got pelters from a lot of the media for his ABE comments (made in jest) as well as showing support for Scottish independence. Probably decided it wasn't worth the grief.

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
Brilliant guy and like our own Lewis Stevenson, an inspiration to youngsters.

I used to see Judy around Bofa a bit - she was nice. She once helped my aunt off the train at Dunblane when she’d missed her stop and looked after her till I arrived.

The day Andy came to Dunblane for a parade after he won Wimbledon was amazing. He went way beyond the call of duty that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Brilliant guy and like our own Lewis Stevenson, an inspiration to youngsters.

I used to see Judy around Bofa a bit - she was nice. She once helped my aunt off the train at Dunblane when she’d missed her stop and looked after her till I arrived.

The day Andy came to Dunblane for a parade after he won Wimbledon was amazing. He went way beyond the call of duty that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bofa: Bridge of allan.
Just tippled that.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
Absolutely.Legend.Only slightly disapointlng thing is he never really pushed the Scottish angle with a saltire or a patch of his Murray tartan.
What, apart from his accent and everyone on the planet knowing that he is Scottish. The laddie did well to ignore the tartan, kilts and bagpipes cringeworthy stuff. He let his playing do the talking. Mind you I have heard English commentators and tennis players using Braveheart references several times this morning.

BIG G

Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
What, apart from his accent and everyone on the planet knowing that he is Scottish. The laddie did well to ignore the tartan, kilts and bagpipes cringeworthy stuff. He let his playing do the talking. Mind you I have heard English commentators and tennis players using Braveheart references several times this morning.

BIG G
I never wanted him to come on court playing the bagpipes in a kilt.
Tartan,kilts and bagpipes cringe worthy? Are you English or what.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
I never wanted him to come on court playing the bagpipes in a kilt.
Tartan,kilts and bagpipes cringe worthy? Are you English or what.
No. A music lover.

BIG G

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Mar 20, 2007
edinburgh
Sad to see he's called it a day.After winning Wimbledon I'd have given him the freedom of Leith,if not Edinburgh.I hope since he's a hibbie he maybe puts something into the club,maybe make him a director or something.It would be great to give him a standing ovation at a big match.

Next Game : Hibs v Elgin (Scottish Cup)

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel