• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH
  • Could Users Please note that the Rules state you must seek Permission before posting any Auctions, or Sales.

All the “i wont be back till STF and RP are away”

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
There were indeed several that used to drink in my old local in Edinburgh that always swore they’d never be back while Petrie was there. Wonder what their excuse will be now?

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
I’m not sure about that story.
May have been another made up version from the guys that seem to have a personal grudge against Rodders.

Rodders was not the guy that sacked him, and maybe didn’t want him sacked.
But ‘corporate responsibility’ and all that.
This is my understanding too. Rod wanted to give him more time but was outvoted. Collective responsibility.

I think that Sauzee doesn’t care too much about Hibs tbh. He’s never given any indication that the affection is reciprocal.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
This is my understanding too. Rod wanted to give him more time but was outvoted. Collective responsibility.

I think that Sauzee doesn’t care too much about Hibs tbh. He’s never given any indication that the affection is reciprocal.
The Hibs board at the time collectively "shat it' when Hibs went 3rd bottom though in limited danger and it was ultimately it was the "Fat Malky" that dun the Sauzee" I wonder if he still goes along?.

Hibs should be heading for a capacity crowd next season with all the "haters" returning though of course Mr Farmer and "The Dear Leader" were never the problem. Supporters just fall out of love with Hibs/football and look for a convenient excuse to stop going and this was theirs.

Its been a very bumpy ride but the impressive stadium and infrastructure, the Scottish cup and early positive signs of the new owner are their deserved legacy and the time is right for the club to move in a new direction.

Overall Mr Farmer and Rod Petrie have been good for Hibs though Hibs have also been good for them and Mr Petrie's very brief statement might be through gritted teeth. He might have been pushed but when he reflects he really can't be around any longer and he was actually quite chirpy in the press conference.

Its quietly been forgotten that their must be some sort of payoff to both men by the new owner if their controlling shares of 70% have now transferred to the new owners as you don't just walk away from a club worth £Xm.

Hopefully they both come out on the pitch v St Mirren to say goodbye and I will happily stand and applaud both men for all the right reasons as they deserve a farewell.

Last edited:

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Thank you Sir Tom and all the best. Both men did decent for the club, everybody has bad moments, fans like someone to blame and have done so myself but good luck to them.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
The Hibs board at the time collectively "shat it' when Hibs went 3rd bottom though in limited danger and it was ultimately the "Fat Malky" that dun the Sauzee"

I wonder if he still goes along?.

Hibs should be heading for a capacity crowd next season with all the "haters" returning though of course Mr Farmer and "The Dear Leader" were never the problem.

Supporters just fall out of love with Hibs/football and look for a convenient excuse to stop going and this was theirs.

Its been a very bumpy ride but the impressive stadium and infrastructure, the Scottish cup and early positive signs of the new owner are their deserved legacy and the time is right for the club to move in a new direction.

Overall Mr Farmer and Rod Petrie have been good for Hibs though Hibs have also been good for them and Mr Petrie's very brief statement might be through gritted teeth.

He might have been pushed but when he reflects he really can't be around any longer and he was actually quite chirpy in the press conference.

Its quietly been forgotten that their must be some sort of payoff to both men by the new owner if their controlling shares of 70% have now transferred to the new owners as you don't just walk away from a club worth £Xm.

Hopefully they both come out on the pitch v St Mirren to say goodbye and I will happily stand and applaud both men for all the right reasons as they deserve a farewell.
Am away on holiday just now so not read everything but how much do you think Petrie and Farmer received and how did it work with the debt to Farmer now no more?

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Am away on holiday just now so not read everything but how much do you think Petrie and Farmer received and how did it work with the debt to Farmer now no more?
A real guess would be Mr USA paying £8m for the club lock stock and barrel.

£1.5m to go into the club as working capital for players and stadium infrastructure.

£0.5m to the "Dear Leader (ex)" to buy out his shareholdings.

£6m to Mr Farmer to completely clear debt owed to him and buy out his majority shares.

I really haven't followed this much today financially as £6m overall was quoted somewhere so this might be garbage but you don't get 70% controlling interest in a club the size of Hibs by turning up sun tanned at a press conference.

Last edited:

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I don't really think it's been quietly forgotten that a sum of money will have gone to Sir Tom and Rod - I'd have thought it was fairly clear that he's bought their shares off them. Assuming he's paying the same price to them as the shares are being sold to HSL for every few months then the amount is relatively easy to work out. I expect it's in the ball park of what you said although Sir Tom should receive 9 times what Rod does plus his £3m back.

Paying back the £3m benefits us though, not Sir Tom, he was getting it anyway. If you think about it, as owners of roughly a fifth of the club, HSL "owed" Sir Tom £600,000 of that money and so the "value" of their shares has increased by that amount as a result of that debt being cleared. Same applies, proportionately, to all of us small shareholders.

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
My take on it , and my memory of the time when we were moments from being on our arse, and owned by that fat Tory bastard , is STF was the only credible show in town . He stated quite clearly he was not a sugar daddy, and did not promise us the earth . He promised that we would keep our club, and our club would stay in Leith , if at all possible.
He delivered, and some more. We have had some major fuck ups and disappointments along the way, but that is what supporting your team is all about really, well , for most of us.
I can't thank him enough, and I'm confident he has done his homework on the next path HFC now goes. I've never understood the negativity towards him at times and have always thought that these hibs fans " just don't ken"

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
You need to be affiliated to a club to get the gig.
No need to stay affiliated though.

A cynic would say the investment was held back just to suit Rodders ambition.
Wouldn’t you Joe?
Would not surprise me from the jambo owner hugging bawbag

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Would not surprise me from the jambo owner hugging bawbag
Didn't expect to see you for a while Joe. Thought you'd either still be quaffing bubbly (alright then, Prosecco) or be hungover now that Rodders and Sir Tom have handed the keys over.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
Didn't expect to see you for a while Joe. Thought you'd either still be quaffing bubbly (alright then, Prosecco) or be hungover now that Rodders and Sir Tom have handed the keys over.
It was a great day Doc , but Rioja is my tipple
:16:

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
There were indeed several that used to drink in my old local in Edinburgh that always swore they’d never be back while Petrie was there. Wonder what their excuse will be now?
Indeed. And you just know that there will be another excuse....

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Less we forget Hibs fans have never been compliant, but fighters for our love of best fitba team on this small planet. I am proud to have attended both of these splendid gatherings of Hibernians at the Hibs Club. I am sure my good pal Piltonstany can provide a splendid photy of us heading up to ER from Shades, for the Hands off Hibs event at the Holy Ground, when he and my too boys were wee. Kick on Mikey.
However, what If, If, If, this as proposed by Sir Tom, sharing with Hertz by Ikea/Cosco had gone ahead. I think that 16 years later our team would be in the gutter. Splendid article about the potential disaster here........

This not an attack on Farmer et al but a salute to Hiberinian Supporters worldwide.

BIG G

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors