Alan 'Cock Piss Partridge' Partridge and his No.1 fan (1 Viewer)

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Have you ever seen that episode of Alan Partridge when he meets his number one fan? Despite having an ego which would rival that of the late Wallace Mercer, he looks scared. Well, the reason I ask is that two years ago - on Saturday, 3 June 2017 - I was a Spectator Services Volunteer at the Champions League final event in Cardiff. Anyway, I wasn't one of the lucky few who secured a spot inside the stadium. Rather, I was positioned at the entrance to Churchill Way (a retail street with a hotel and a couple of bars, off Queen Street, one of The Diff's main shopping areas); which was where the Real Madrid fans were partying. There I was, resplendent in ma red CL baseball cap and blue CL polo shirt. My role was to hand out wee maps to our Spanish and Italian guests and just to provide the type of bonhomie which the Welsh are globally renowned for (sic). Anyway, to my great surprise a lady who I recognised from the telly, the DVD and media coverage appeared in front of me: Leeann Dempster! Well, I couldnae help masel! I showed her the tats, thanked her for the greatest day of ma life, telt her how ma Dad had been attending Scottish Cup finals since Joe Baker et al v Clyde in 1958 etc.! She looked scared. She looked like Alan Partridge when he met his number one fan!

I really must stop arse-licking former Hibs players and showing them ma tattoos.

I really must stop arse-licking Hibs directors and showing them ma tattoos.

But we all know ah won't!

P.S. When I saw her in the Hibs Club before the Motherwell game (on Sat, 16 September 2017) I asked her if she'd enjoyed her trip to Cardiff. She said she had and asked if I was the CL volunteer guy! She didnae look scared then, though!

Green juventine

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Have you ever seen that episode of Alan Partridge when he meets his number one fan? Despite having an ego which would rival that of the late Wallace Mercer, he looks scared. Well, the reason I ask is that two years ago - on Saturday, 3 June 2017 - I was a Spectator Services Volunteer at the Champions League final event in Cardiff. Anyway, I wasn't one of the lucky few who secured a spot inside the stadium. Rather, I was positioned at the entrance to Churchill Way (a retail street with a hotel and a couple of bars, off Queen Street, one of The Diff's main shopping areas); which was where the Real Madrid fans were partying. There I was, resplendent in ma red CL baseball cap and blue CL polo shirt. My role was to hand out wee maps to our Spanish and Italian guests and just to provide the type of bonhomie which the Welsh are globally renowned for (sic). Anyway, to my great surprise a lady who I recognised from the telly, the DVD and media coverage appeared in front of me: Leeann Dempster! Well, I couldnae help masel! I showed her the tats, thanked her for the greatest day of ma life, telt her how ma Dad had been attending Scottish Cup finals since Joe Baker et al v Clyde in 1958 etc.! She looked scared. She looked like Alan Partridge when he met his number one fan!

I really must stop arse-licking former Hibs players and showing them ma tattoos.

I really must stop arse-licking Hibs directors and showing them ma tattoos.

But we all know ah won't!

P.S. When I saw her in the Hibs Club before the Motherwell game (on Sat, 16 September 2017) I asked her if she'd enjoyed her trip to Cardiff. She said she had and asked if I was the CL volunteer guy! She didnae look scared then, though!
Probably the few pints she had in the Hibs club relaxed her somewhat.
Was she up dancing on the tables later on?

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Did she say, "I'll level with you...I'm really scared" a la AP?

The latest series on BBC1 wasn't the best but the one with Alan's Irish doppelganger was class!

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
In Cardiff, LD asked, 'Where's the alcohol?' So I directed her to 'Wow' bar on Churchill Way, explaining that that particularly hostelry is normally a 'gay bar'; but that today (i.e. the day of the CL final) it was a designated Real Madrid fans' bar. However, upon hearing the phrase 'gay bar', she appeared to gie me a 'dinnae be smart' facial expression! But I did tell her that me, ma wee bro and wee sis ended up in CC Bloom's after the cup final on The 21.5.2016! She kind of nodded in recognition at that! Drinkin' Newcy Brown in CC's after the Hibs win the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years! Kinda surreal, but inclusive. A metaphor for Hibernian Football Club in many ways!

P.S. Do I talk pretentious, pseudo-intellectual shite or what?!

Anyway, just for you:

-

• Haha
Reactions: ZemmamasBarnet
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel