• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Alan Campbell - Motherwell?

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Rumour going round we are in talks with Motherwell to sign their midfielder Alan Campbell?

Seemingly bid was rejected. Guess the knock on effect from McGinnn sale will commence.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I cannae really mind him standing out last week to be honest?

He's going to be a cracking player in the style of kante although no as good obviously ha. Hope we make second bid

I cannae really mind him standing out last week to be honest?

That might be becuase he didn’t play...

I thought this was off the table as Murderwell didn't want to sell him to us.

Much rather it was Mullumbu or Kamara though, we need a big presence in the middle of the park, Mullumbu gave SJM and Co a torrid time last season and he is free, the money for above could be used elsewhere.

I've got to admit that I can't even picture the laddie never mind know of him but like the majority of us fans now I will have total confidence in our recruitment team who will have done their homework and have a good idea of how he will fit in with the squad. After reading comments on the laddies style of play he sounds exactly the type of player needed the now

Sounds like a decent player, with the potential to improve under Lennon. I like that he's had SPL experience with Motherwell and done well.

He is a friend of my my sons flat mate, seems he is a big cream bun, orange walks, the lot.

Last edited:
He is a friend of my my sons faltmate, sems he is a big cream bun, orange walks, the lot.

Canny see him getting past our recruitment background checks if that's the case.

A closet hun, like SA or many others we've signed is one thing. If that's true he doesn't belong in this century never mind a club like mine.

Canny see him getting past our recruitment background checks if that's the case.

A closet hun, like SA or many others we've signed is one thing. If that's true he doesn't belong in this century never mind a club like mine.

I wouldnae make it up. Its a no from me.

I didn't think that for a second.

And a no from me

if his name is C******l it's a no from me!murdering king Billy loving wank

I'm not fussy if our players believe one version of a daft book or the other think it's an age thing. Over 40s more likely to care about sectarianism the younger you go the weirder it seems. Like stokes with his pish if they do the business every week that'll do for me. Believe your laddie but don't believe his pal that a professional player goes to marches

We took Stokes with all his sectarian baggage and pish. If the lad improves us and doesn't embarrass us publicly, I'm okay with that.

Reactions: Zab
If NL thinks he can improve the team by having Campbell in it then.......

Anyways, wasn't Ivan of the hunnish persuasion?

Reactions: Zab

Ivan was, he thinks of himself as a hibby now. Was an article last season of him chaperoning his kids school trip to Ibrox and he had to sit on his hands as Hibs won the game

Yeah think it was Ivan, brown and shields that did a wee jig with the rangers fans when they won the league. Surely hundreds more that played for us supported the terrible two and loads of jambos too. But they are professional players so more interested if they can do a job, we certainly need some steel in the middle

The exception I can think of was Johnny Hamilton who said he was physically sick when he had to play against his hun brethren.

He was shit anyway.

We almost signed Kyle Lafferty last season.

We almost signed Kyle Lafferty last season.

I don't think we did.

I don't think we did.
I think it was widely publicised he was invited along for a meeting with NL. Thankfully it never happened but it was on the cards.

I think it was widely publicised he was invited along for a meeting with NL. Thankfully it never happened but it was on the cards.

I think it was more likely so Neil could give him a kicking.

That’s not really ‘nearly signed him’ is it. A meeting that never took place, and an offer that was never made.

Although on a similar basis I can confidently claim that I nearly shagged Scarlett Johansson, so I’ll concede your point if you concede mine.

That’s not really ‘nearly signed him’ is it. A meeting that never took place, and an offer that was never made.

Although on a similar basis I can confidently claim that I nearly shagged Scarlett Johansson, so I’ll concede your point if you concede mine.

How dare you nearly shag my nearly wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painters out for few of the more pedantic posters I see [emoji33]

Point still stands, we were "entertaining" the idea of signing him. Depends if she sent you a picture 1st, no looky no nooky.

It’s a no from me also can’t be doing with all that Loyalist shite

It was. Think the Hun B got the grand tour of East Mains and then left NL in the dark about his decision before signing for the Jumbos because Budge wouldn't let him leave... Or something along those lines. I'm over the moon we didn't sign Lafferty, can't stand the guy...

It was. Think the Hun B got the grand tour of East Mains and then left NL in the dark about his decision before signing for the Jumbos because Budge wouldn't let him leave... Or something along those lines. I'm over the moon we didn't sign Lafferty, can't stand the guy...
He didn't go anywhere near EM.

He set Lennon up like the cheap and classless gunt he is. Made it public he'd been asked for a chat. Failed to show. Told the press he'd stood Lennon up because Gunts FC were irresistible. No doubt happy he had played to the Gunt audience whilst fleecing Budge for a few grand more in negotiations by ensuring the Gunts 'outbid' our non-existent alternative offer.

It’s a no from me also can’t be doing with all that Loyalist shite

Glad you’ve let bygones be bygones

Glad you’ve let bygones be bygones

That was about Lafferty not Campbell ?

Will Hibs pay half a million? I doubt it.

Yeah can’t see that unfortunately. Probably will head down south

Aye, that's a fair chuck of change.

I'd hope Hibs are looking at Cole from Motherwell. We need another striker regardless of what happens in the summer and he would be an excellent free transfer.

Aye, that's a fair chuck of change.

I'd hope Hibs are looking at Cole from Motherwell. We need another striker regardless of what happens in the summer and he would be an excellent free transfer.

I'd like Cole as well.

I also don't think 500k is outwith our realms, provided we get him on a 4/5 year deal and get a chance to sell him in 2ish years.

We paid about that for Keith Wright about 30 years ago - way before too much money was floating around in the game inflating prices. And supposedly more for De La Cruz about 20 years ago.

Strange how our fees don’t seem to increase even in line with inflation.

We paid about that for Keith Wright about 30 years ago - way before too much money was floating around in the game inflating prices. And supposedly more for De La Cruz about 20 years ago.

Strange how our fees don’t seem to increase even in line with inflation.
That’s because the bigot brothers got greedy and Sky told them to bolt. We then ended up with about a tenth of the money Sky originally offered.
Dont you just love them

If Hibs are in a position to pay $500k for him, I'd do it,

I think he's a terrific player, surprised no one has gone in for him before now.

Who decides on the developement fee ???

This thread has been viewed 9113 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back