• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

AGM Date Confirmed

Hattie

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
When is it? I thought it was meant to be in December? Its just that big Ron said his plans would be shown then and soon after they would be made public?
Some good news re the club moving forward would be good for the fans to hear just now

When is it? I thought it was meant to be in December? Its just that big Ron said his plans would be shown then and soon after they would be made public?
Some good news re the club moving forward would be good for the fans to hear just now

Old mans been wondering the same....

Late January expectation S. Notice period to adhere too tae.

Ron is here now (last two games) and over the Christmas period - watching a win on Thursday.

I’ve asked if that plan and strategy will be shared at the AGM and it certainly will be ✅

Ron is here now (last two games) and over the Christmas period - watching a win on Thursday.

I’ve asked if that plan and strategy will be shared at the AGM and it certainly will be ✅
Ah, cheers KP ?

It better be good, his reign has been empty so far.

Not filled me with much confidence either. Hopefully he has some pretty big plans, were far off from his talk when he took over. Money talks son, bull shit walks.

No even had decent hot dogs yet ffs

It’s normally pies at the AGM; mebbes hotdogs will be on the menu!

Cheerleaders would be a good shout too.

Got to be some perk for being a shareholder surely.

Certainly been underwhelming, sometimes forget we have a new owner..

Certainly been underwhelming, sometimes forget we have a new owner..
Dinnae start that again! Ye ken @Moaty's poised wi' his variety o' whelms!

Last edited:

Damp squib. January needs to see an awful lot of intent....

Damp squib. January needs to see an awful lot of intent....
...which I hope first and foremost begins on the pitch. Hot dogs would be all very well, but there's only one way to ensure 15k mouths to eat them...

...which I hope first and foremost begins on the pitch. Hot dogs would be all very well, but there's only one way to ensure 15k mouths to eat them...

Yip. I think we are shorter than many of us think. We need a few players out!

This January more than usual, there is going to be a big push for players - the Gunts, Sheep, and probably One or two others will be shopping in the same market for similar player types.
A half decent striker/right back/defensive midfielder will be able to name his own price.

This January more than usual, there is going to be a big push for players - the Gunts, Sheep, and probably One or two others will be shopping in the same market for similar player types.
A half decent striker/right back/defensive midfielder will be able to name his own price.
Especially the defensive midfielder, Jesus wept we are desperate for that position.

Is the boy Docherty that the Huns are letting go a DM?

Especially the defensive midfielder, Jesus wept we are desperate for that position.

DOB I think, but that's not important.

Think he’s more of a “box to box” type.

Yip. I think we are shorter than many of us think. We need a few players out!

There’s 4 or 5 who could easily be shown the door and not be missed - Maxwell, Middleton & Vela being top of the list, while James has turned out to be a waste of a wage too.

A centre half, holding midfielder and striker are crucial. A midfielder who could help us build from deep would be a bonus. I’d bring Mackie back from his loan at Dundee.

There’s 4 or 5 who could easily be shown the door and not be missed - Maxwell, Middleton & Vela being top of the list, while James has turned out to be a waste of a wage too.

A centre half, holding midfielder and striker are crucial. A midfielder who could help us build from deep would be a bonus. I’d bring Mackie back from his loan at Dundee.

I ken a couple of Dundee supporters who are not impressed, I’m afraid to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ken a couple of Dundee supporters who are not impressed, I’m afraid to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I‘ve heard similar and see he’s struggled for games, think he’d be better off back here for now.

I‘ve heard similar and see he’s struggled for games, think he’d be better off back here for now.

If he's not good enough for Dundee he's not good enough for us. He's OK but we need better than OK.

If he's not good enough for Dundee he's not good enough for us. He's OK but we need better than OK.

I don’t necessarily go along with that, purely because I have no idea where and how he’s being asked to play at Dundee.

I don’t think he’s great at left back, but thought he had something to offer as a midfielder. Time will tell.

I do agree we need better than okay, not just in relation to Mackie, but across the team.

Scott Allan not good enough for Dundee, Martin Boyle not good enough either 1577038817400.png1577038817400.png

I don’t necessarily go along with that, purely because I have no idea where and how he’s being asked to play at Dundee.

I don’t think he’s great at left back, but thought he had something to offer as a midfielder. Time will tell.

I do agree we need better than okay, not just in relation to Mackie, but across the team.
Poor lad is playing in a honking Dundee team too

Reactions: Zab

I tend to agree. I think there’s a lot of “settling” at Hibs. A lot of the players on our books aren’t good enough, average at best. If we are serious about fighting for a top four position, the dead wood has to go. For me I’d be replacing Hanlon and Stevenson. Yes both legends, but again we need better. Giving SDG and McGregor four year deals was absolutely ludicrous as was Whittaker’s deal.

SDG & Daz getting tied for extra duties was brilliant business.
Pity they are currently suffering injury, but I don't think the length of the deal caused that.

Legends indeed.

SDG & Daz getting tied for extra duties was brilliant business.
Pity they are currently suffering injury, but I don't think the length of the deal caused that.

Legends indeed.

Have to disagree. They won’t be playing much 1-2 years from now. How do you see it as a great bit of business? We don’t need them in the background, I’d rather see there wages combined being used on a player that’s going to improve us.

Both are legends, long with Stevenson and Paul, but sometimes in football you have to be ruthless. Is insane to want to keep all these ex players around because they won the SC. If we continue to live in the past, we’ll never move forward. Let’s aim and invest in the next group of legends to life it again.

Have to disagree. They won’t be playing much 1-2 years from now. How do you see it as a great bit of business? We don’t need them in the background, I’d rather see there wages combined being used on a player that’s going to improve us.

Both are legends, long with Stevenson and Paul, but sometimes in football you have to be ruthless. Is insane to want to keep all these ex players around because they won the SC. If we continue to live in the past, we’ll never move forward. Let’s aim and invest in the next group of legends to life it again.
To be fair (unless anyone knows better?), we don't know if they're on full playing wages for the duration?

They won’t get paid the same when they’re not playing. They will be ambassadors and role models. Both doing their badges (as is Whitty) and we aren’t paying all the legends to stay - just the ones who will give us value.
Both are badly missed now, so they clearly have a place at Hibs.
Maybe they will move on if they can extend their playing careers elsewhere but I’m delighted that will be THEIR choice and they ain’t getting discarded.
It’s the Hibs thing to do and I’m delighted we are showing a bit of respect to these guys.

Big/wee Ron has missed the golden moment for the big message.

Plenty hun dogs but there's not one of them that's descent.

Any word on when this is? It's been a short tenure for RG, but so far pretty unimpressive.

Ticketing still a bit of a joke, but now with added fees for supporters.

Any word on when this is? It's been a short tenure for RG, but so far pretty unimpressive.

Nothing at this end yet.

I’ll be feeding back about the Cup ticket service - need to do better ‘go live’ testing - but on the flip the service update for Celtic and Hearts sales were positively received.

D04FE4F3-072D-4C67-A7CD-DD3281A56C17.jpeg

The fees should in the main effect Away purchases (home purchases have options). Given the cost of football in general, more costs are definitely disappointing (bigger picture discussion needed there with all clubs - negotiating and influencing prices).
I can understand the club looking to pass on genuine costs incurred (previously absorbed, making a loss) - hopefully they use the big savings wisely.

It has been very unimpressive..an alarming drop in quality in many areas of the club. I'm not one who thinks Ron is some cartoon carperbagger character but I do think he is struggling to add value, communicate effectively and lead us with any inspiration or come up with any particularly innovative ideas. His tenure so far seems to have been a learning thru' mistakes phase. Hopefully the appointment of Ross will start to improve the situation as a winning team on the park always takes the focus away from other underperforming areas. It would barely be a 5/10 for performance so far imo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It has been very unimpressive..an alarming drop in quality in many areas of the club. I'm not one who thinks Ron is some cartoon carperbagger character but I do think he is struggling to add value, communicate effectively and lead us with any inspiration or come up with any particularly innovative ideas. His tenure so far seems to have been a learning thru' mistakes phase. Hopefully the appointment of Ross will start to improve the situation as a winning team on the park always takes the focus away from other underperforming areas. It would barely be a 5/10 for performance so far imo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I’m hoping this is all because serious change is imminent, if not the decline in standards is not going to be acceptable.

He’s got until the summer to show me if he’s genuine or not. I want to see the club invest in players this summer. No excuses about budgets being set before he came in, or the winter window being what it is. Show us that your serious about challenging the top of the table and Europe.

The most underwhelming take over ever. Typical Hibs, everything is done very conservatively, dont let the fsns have any anticipation of good thing’s to come, that just wont do. I mean they’ve only backed the club through some seriously hard times, why should we expect something back in return ?

AGM has to be pretty soon now. I'm no expert but it's my understanding that Hibs are duty bound to produce accounts within a certain period of time and call the AGM around about a fortnight later in order to give shareholders time to read through them.

Agree with the general mood about Ron Gordon. I very much hope when he announces his plans for the future of the club they are going to be significant and will help us get up to the next level. I expect we will hear about additional revenue streams which is good as we definately need more money coming into the club on a regular basis. I want to hear a statement of intent though. I want to hear that we intend to compete on a level playing field financially with Aberdeen...and here are the ways that we are going to do it. I want to hear that we intend to be the biggest challengers to the Old Firm in Scotland and regular participants in European football. That is where this club should be and i'm afraid we have seriously underachieved for far too long.

If we end up with some lukewarm underwhelming statement then you just have to wonder what was the point and the purpose of him buying the club ? I fully appreciate and am grateful for his initial investment and clearing our debts which is great. That should mean in the summer that we are in a better position to be able to be far more competitive with Aberdeen for players. But we really need to see detailed and clearly thought out plans about how we are going to maximise revenues on an ongoing basis.

Last edited:
The most underwhelming take over ever. Typical Hibs, everything is done very conservatively, dont let the fsns have any anticipation of good thing’s to come, that just wont do. I mean they’ve only backed the club through some seriously hard times, why should we expect something back in return ?
We've been told we should be excited. About what exactly? I'm not convinced the AGM will be any different to previous years. Ultimately just paying lip service. The fans have done nothing but support the club with season tickets and merchandise. What exactly are we getting back at present?

Another disappointing season and watch season ticket sales dwindle further. It seems we are back to mediocre Hibs of old, win a derby and then lose to some sh**e like Livi. It is still early days for JR but to hear there is no funds unless players leave is kind of disappointing when we know key areas need to be addressed. At present it looks like we're on course to a similar finish to last season and not top 4.

It’s a catch 22 situation at Hibs. We all want ‘the manager backed’ or there’s the ‘lack ambition’ stuff trotted out. But then when the manager IS backed and ‘ambition shown’ if the signings turn out to be gash we expect the cycle to start again.
Hopefully we can move some of the less successful signings on in their careers without having to pay huge amounts and we can reinvest in a tight quality squad rather than a bloated pile of shite like Gunther has inherited.

This thread has been viewed 20340 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back