• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

AGM Date Confirmed

Has the AGM been cancelled this year ?

No, expect a date to be announced imminently.

Has the AGM been cancelled this year ?

Should be next month - October/November timeline has been traditional of recent years but there is a big window when it can/has to be held.

Should be next month - October/November timeline has been traditional of recent years but there is a big window when it can/has to be held.
Is it still a legal requirement to have an AGM?. Given the disregard the board seem to treat the fans with, lack of communication, the ongoing ticket shambles, telling fans they need to pony up without telling us what for, the disgraceful way HSL and the people who have " ponied up "over the past couple of years have been let down

Oops , pushed the wrong button Do you think the position of fans rep is safe because without your efforts and input we'd be even more in the dark than we are now.

Oops , pushed the wrong button Do you think the position of fans rep is safe because without your efforts and input we'd be even more in the dark than we are now.
I reckon his position is the only position that is safe on the board for the time being but after his time is up(next year) then who knows.

I agree. Without @Power's feedback and reassurances I'd likely be - rightly or wrongly - fearing the worst. Still concerned and anxious to hear what exactly Ron's plans are though.

I know STF and the Dear Leader split opinion on here but surely after all their years of doing their best for the club and giving us financial stability they widnae just sell us tae the 1st charlatan that threw money on the table. Holding on tae that thought helps me cling tae hope that RG does have some sort of plan and he will invest eventually. Or am I just clutching at straws.

I know STF and the Dear Leader split opinion on here but surely after all their years of doing their best for the club and giving us financial stability they widnae just sell us tae the 1st charlatan that threw money on the table. Holding on tae that thought helps me cling tae hope that RG does have some sort of plan and he will invest eventually. Or am I just clutching at straws.

Actions speak louder than words, so far there’s been fuck all of either. In the summer we were told that he wouldn’t be investing in players as the budget was already set. Here in the January window he’s not given us much to shout about either. I’m sure the excuse about this being a hard window to do business in will be rolled out, not so hard for Aberdeen though. They target areas that need improved and get it done. We fuck about until the last few days of the window and are left scrambling. Selling the likes of Shaw and releasing players before bringing in what’s needed.

Actions speak louder than words, so far there’s been fuck all of either. In the summer we were told that he wouldn’t be investing in players as the budget was already set. Here in the January window he’s not given us much to shout about either. I’m sure the excuse about this being a hard window to do business in will be rolled out, not so hard for The Sheep though. They target areas that need improved and get it done. We fuck about until the last few days of the window and are left scrambling. Selling the likes of Shaw and releasing players before bringing in what’s needed.

Sheep have signed mcgeouch, hardly a solid window for them either

Sheep have signed mcgeouch, hardly a solid window for them either

Kennedy was a decent signing too.

Kennedy was a decent signing too.

Time will tell on him. Was rotten when he was here and 19 goals in his career is hardly prolific.

AGM DATE CONFIRMED

Continue reading...

The accounts are for the period before RG taiko over? @SlovSam

Time will tell on him. Was rotten when he was here and 19 goals in his career is hardly prolific.
Rotten is a tad harsh, never given a proper chance at Hibs but did show in flashes what he could do. He's not a striker, he's a winger.

Somebody take a camcorder. Thanks.

At last, at last, at last.
What kept you *Hibs

*Ron

Hope they’ll get extra chairs in.

Reactions: Zab
There we go can now moan about something else now it’s been announced

What kept you *Hibs

*Ron

Hope they get extra pies* in too.

*Hotdogs then

What kept you *Hibs

*Ron

Hope Ron delivers as well as Henderson did...
Should make this AGM alright.

Why has Ron become Ronald?

I've never felt the urge to attend an AGM before but I think I'll go to this one. Because I'm interested in the strategic plan of course, not because I've learned there's pies.

I've never felt the urge to attend an AGM before but I think I'll go to this one. Because I'm interested in the strategic plan of course, not because I've learned there's pies.
Hibs AGMs used to be so dull the pies were the highlight!

The should be some narritive and chat in the body of the accounts and in the notes to the accounts about the structure of the takeover but the fundamental financial numbers will all be pre Ron.

Talk about losing momentum as the man has barely opened his mouth since taking over so its going to be fascinating what he is going to say.

The fans were led to believe (maybe by themselves) that there is meant to be some grand plan or great vision being communicated at the AGM.

If this isn't the case then Hibs need to spin this in the opposite direction quickly and dampen down expectations as Rons takeover philosophy hasn't so much been poor its just been almost non existent.

Accounts are upto July 2nd apparently,we’ll see Rons numbers....

Have the accounts been posted out?

Have the accounts been posted out?
Next week

Rotten is a tad harsh, never given a proper chance at Hibs but did show in flashes what he could do. He's not a striker, he's a winger.
I honestly have no recollection of him playing for us, when did that happen??

I honestly have no recollection of him playing for us, when did that happen??

First season in the Championship. Handy sub but very very raw.

First season in the Championship. Handy sub but very very raw.
Thought he was a decent winger when he was on loan to us that year. Remember him scoring a great goal against Dundee United in a hugely entertaining League Cup tie at ER which finished 3-3. We lost on penalties to them.

Absolutely nothing to back this up, but I just have a feeling we are going to be pleasantly surprised at the extent of what Mr Gordon's plans and ambitions are for Hibs. I can certainly see some sort of link up with an MLS club similar to what Aberdeen have. In terms of improving matchday experience, I would like to see a fanzone stage set up out side either the East or the West stand before every home game with possibly former players being interviewed along with fans. I saw this being done at Goodison Park a few years ago before I attended an Everton game there and I was really impressed by it. It really helped to build up a good pre-match atmosphere outside the stadium.
The key thing we really need to get from Gordon though is a realistic and properly thought out plan for maximising additional revenues into the club. Basically we need to have something which at least matches what Aberdeen and Hearts have. We can't have these two clubs ahead of us in that sphere.

Last edited:
Thought he was a decent winger when he was on loan to us that year. Remember him scoring a great goal against Dundee United in a hugely entertaining League Cup tie at ER which finished 3-3. We lost on penalties to them.

Scott Allan was phenomenal that night.

Thought he was pony at Hibs but that’s irrelevant on how he will do at A’deen. It’s like saying Paul Hartley was a poor player based on what HE did at Hibs.

I prefer wide players with a bit of pace but he must have done the business at St J to get his move.

Watch out for the Postie

Just received the accounts....I confess to having next to no knowledge about accountancy or balance sheets but the basics are according to Ron Gordon's letter to shareholders that there was an operating loss of £748,000 generated for the financial year ended July 2019. However the sale of John McGinn to Aston Villa plus Ron's acquisition of the majority shareholding provided support for the financial results and position of he club. The £2.8 Million gain on player trading led to a pre-tax profit of £2 Million. The club's mortgage has been paid off and a further £1.25 Million has been put into the club's bank account. As a result we ended the financial year in a "very strong financial position" with a cash balance of £5.5 Million and no debt.

Perhaps the accounts minded folk on the bounce can explain the meaning of all that in plain English to thickos like me ?

Interestingly, Ron goes on to say that without the McGinn sale the club "would have made a significant loss" for the financial year ended July 2019. He says in the future he is not interested in the club just "breaking even" as that just makes us static. He has his plans and vision for the future and that will be announced to shareholders at the AGM on February 26th. They are "very excited" about it and hope that the fans will be too.

Last edited:
Watch out for the Postie

The eagle has landed!

Just received the accounts....I confess to having next to no knowledge about accountancy or balance sheets but the basics are according to Ron Gordon's letter to shareholders that there was an operating loss of £748,000 generated for the financial tear ended July 2019. However the sale of John McGinn to Aston Villa plus Ron's acquisition of the majority shareholding provided support for the financial results and position of he club. The £2.8 Million gain on player trading led to a pre-tax profit of £2 Million. The club's mortgage has been paid off and a further £1.25 Million has been put into the club's bank account. As a result we ended the financial year in a very strong financial position with a cash balance of £5.5 Million and no debt.

Perhaps the accounts minded folk on the bounce can explain the meaning of all that in plain English to thickos like me ?

Interestingly, Ron goes on to say that without the McGinn sale the club would have made a significant loss for the financial year ended July 2019. He says in the future he is not interested in the club just "breaking even" as that just makes us static. He has his plans and vision for the future and that will be announced to shareholders at the AGM on February 26th. They are "very excited" about it and hope that the fans will be too.
If it wasn’t for McGinn cash and Ron we’d on a hefty loss.
Just shows that even with record ST sales and Europe it counts for nothing if you don’t spend well.

"I've spent the last 6 months learning, asking many questions, and taking a good look at all aspects of the Club, - working closely with Leeann , the Board and the Management team in developing a strategic plan to guide our vision and actions for the next several years. At the forthcoming shareholders meeting I will share the vision we have created for the Club. We're excited about it, and I hope you will be too. Look forward to seeing you at Easter Road Stadium on February 26th"

This thread has been viewed 20348 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back