AGM Date Confirmed

Rocky

Bounce Radge
I've never felt the urge to attend an AGM before but I think I'll go to this one. Because I'm interested in the strategic plan of course, not because I've learned there's pies.

Jack

Bounce Radge
I've never felt the urge to attend an AGM before but I think I'll go to this one. Because I'm interested in the strategic plan of course, not because I've learned there's pies.
Hibs AGMs used to be so dull the pies were the highlight!

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
The should be some narritive and chat in the body of the accounts and in the notes to the accounts about the structure of the takeover but the fundamental financial numbers will all be pre Ron.

Talk about losing momentum as the man has barely opened his mouth since taking over so its going to be fascinating what he is going to say.

The fans were led to believe (maybe by themselves) that there is meant to be some grand plan or great vision being communicated at the AGM.

If this isn't the case then Hibs need to spin this in the opposite direction quickly and dampen down expectations as Rons takeover philosophy hasn't so much been poor its just been almost non existent.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Accounts are upto July 2nd apparently,we’ll see Rons numbers....

Admin
Have the accounts been posted out?

Cabbageman

Bounce Radge
Rotten is a tad harsh, never given a proper chance at Hibs but did show in flashes what he could do. He's not a striker, he's a winger.
I honestly have no recollection of him playing for us, when did that happen??

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
First season in the Championship. Handy sub but very very raw.
Thought he was a decent winger when he was on loan to us that year. Remember him scoring a great goal against Dundee United in a hugely entertaining League Cup tie at ER which finished 3-3. We lost on penalties to them.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Absolutely nothing to back this up, but I just have a feeling we are going to be pleasantly surprised at the extent of what Mr Gordon's plans and ambitions are for Hibs. I can certainly see some sort of link up with an MLS club similar to what The Sheep have. In terms of improving matchday experience, I would like to see a fanzone stage set up out side either the East or the West stand before every home game with possibly former players being interviewed along with fans. I saw this being done at Goodison Park a few years ago before I attended an Everton game there and I was really impressed by it. It really helped to build up a good pre-match atmosphere outside the stadium.
The key thing we really need to get from Gordon though is a realistic and properly thought out plan for maximising additional revenues into the club. Basically we need to have something which at least matches what The Sheep and Gunts have. We can't have these two clubs ahead of us in that sphere.

Last edited:

Smurf

Bounce Radge
Thought he was a decent winger when he was on loan to us that year. Remember him scoring a great goal against Dundee United in a hugely entertaining League Cup tie at ER which finished 3-3. We lost on penalties to them.
Scott Allan was phenomenal that night.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
Thought he was pony at Hibs but that’s irrelevant on how he will do at A’deen. It’s like saying Paul Hartley was a poor player based on what HE did at Hibs.

I prefer wide players with a bit of pace but he must have done the business at St J to get his move.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Watch out for the Postie

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Just received the accounts....I confess to having next to no knowledge about accountancy or balance sheets but the basics are according to Ron Gordon's letter to shareholders that there was an operating loss of £748,000 generated for the financial year ended July 2019. However the sale of John McGinn to Aston Villa plus Ron's acquisition of the majority shareholding provided support for the financial results and position of he club. The £2.8 Million gain on player trading led to a pre-tax profit of £2 Million. The club's mortgage has been paid off and a further £1.25 Million has been put into the club's bank account. As a result we ended the financial year in a "very strong financial position" with a cash balance of £5.5 Million and no debt.

Perhaps the accounts minded folk on the bounce can explain the meaning of all that in plain English to thickos like me ?

Interestingly, Ron goes on to say that without the McGinn sale the club "would have made a significant loss" for the financial year ended July 2019. He says in the future he is not interested in the club just "breaking even" as that just makes us static. He has his plans and vision for the future and that will be announced to shareholders at the AGM on February 26th. They are "very excited" about it and hope that the fans will be too.

Last edited:

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Just received the accounts....I confess to having next to no knowledge about accountancy or balance sheets but the basics are according to Ron Gordon's letter to shareholders that there was an operating loss of £748,000 generated for the financial tear ended July 2019. However the sale of John McGinn to Aston Villa plus Ron's acquisition of the majority shareholding provided support for the financial results and position of he club. The £2.8 Million gain on player trading led to a pre-tax profit of £2 Million. The club's mortgage has been paid off and a further £1.25 Million has been put into the club's bank account. As a result we ended the financial year in a very strong financial position with a cash balance of £5.5 Million and no debt.

Perhaps the accounts minded folk on the bounce can explain the meaning of all that in plain English to thickos like me ?

Interestingly, Ron goes on to say that without the McGinn sale the club would have made a significant loss for the financial year ended July 2019. He says in the future he is not interested in the club just "breaking even" as that just makes us static. He has his plans and vision for the future and that will be announced to shareholders at the AGM on February 26th. They are "very excited" about it and hope that the fans will be too.
If it wasn’t for McGinn cash and Ron we’d on a hefty loss.
Just shows that even with record ST sales and Europe it counts for nothing if you don’t spend well.

bigmanandy

Bounce Radge
"I've spent the last 6 months learning, asking many questions, and taking a good look at all aspects of the Club, - working closely with Leeann , the Board and the Management team in developing a strategic plan to guide our vision and actions for the next several years. At the forthcoming shareholders meeting I will share the vision we have created for the Club. We're excited about it, and I hope you will be too. Look forward to seeing you at Easter Road Stadium on February 26th"

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£95.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Killie v HIBERNIAN