• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Africa

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Has anyone travelled to more less touristy countries..or countries that are growing in popularity? Was looking at places like the Congo and Angola, but would like to hear from anyone who has travelled the lesser popular destinations

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Has anyone travelled to more less touristy countries..or countries that are growing in popularity? Was looking at places like the Congo and Angola, but would like to hear from anyone who has travelled the lesser popular destinations
I've only been to places you'd describe more touristy. My youngest has been to Uganda, Congo and Tanzania. Eldest been to Tanzania too.
What are you wanting to know?
@tricky might be yer man for this thread?

Davy

Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Just thinking of visiting places with interesting stories...historic buildings...maybe a safari

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Just thinking of visiting places with interesting stories...historic buildings...maybe a safari
Re Uganda, my laddie stayed here in Kampala

Said it was simple but perfectly good. Then he moved to Masindi where he spent time volunteering at Budongo chimpanzee rescue- the one linked to Edinburgh Zoo. Stayed in an accommodation run by an English conservationist. Accommodation prices generally start at about £7 per night.

Said Murchison Falls was the highlight of the trip. Did a safari from Murchison area, too. Saw 4 of the "Big 5".

Last edited:

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I've only been to Durban which the South Africans consider off the tourist routes. My views are well documented on here and haven't changed as I reminisce! I personally would think about that experience before going anywhere less touristy!

I've been on safari. One of the best experiences of my life!

Lots of reasons to book a licenced safari guide/company. If you're booking from the UK it's unlikely you'd find one that isn't but if you left it till you got there??? Trip Advisor is a good place to start.

If you can afford it get a trip where it's only your group or the 2 of you. Almost everyone we spoke to on our recent cruise had done a safari beforehand and it was those that went on there own (with guide) had the best experience. It's what we did.

As a guide it was £400 (US$500) each for 3 days all fees paid. Going in a group was only £30 each less.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I went to Morocco. A while ago now. Very contrasting between the traditional and the westernized

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’ve been to Gabon and Nigeria with my work. Gabon I thought was really nice, was working at a Shell facility deep in the jungle. All sorts of amazing wildlife to be seen. Had to cut short a game of fitba one night as a herd of elephants crossed the pitch!

Nigeria - or at least the parts I’ve been to - is a corrupt hellhole and I’ll be happy if I never have to return there. It’s getting quite dangerous to visit there again also.

Davy

Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Might have been nice to be in Algeria today as the streets were lined with thousands in green and white as they celebrated winning Africa Nations cup :giggley:

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I have been lucky to see a fair bit of Africa , was over regularly between 2003 and 2012, have been to Morocco a few times, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, Cameroon, Ghana including 2008 cup of nations, Benin on Jimmy Boco pilgrimage, Togo, Nigeria which is hairy to put it mildly, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania a lot and Mozambique. Really fancy Malawi but never made it there yet.
You could do worse than get involved in some volunteering projects if you have time, probably East Africa if you want national parks, safaris etc although also available elsewhere like South Africa, Namibia..

superbam

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Worked a lot in Africa over the years, especially Uganda, Tanzania and Sierra Leone. Uganda is beautiful, especially the west/southwest. Rainforest to glaciers all in the same view. Easy to get off the beaten track but if you are relying on public transport it can be a struggle. Ethiopia is definitely worth a visit, very much unique in culture, landscape, food etc.

Bofahibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Worked a lot in Africa over the years, especially Uganda, Tanzania and Sierra Leone. Uganda is beautiful, especially the west/southwest. Rainforest to glaciers all in the same view. Easy to get off the beaten track but if you are relying on public transport it can be a struggle. Ethiopia is definitely worth a visit, very much unique in culture, landscape, food etc.
Always wanted to go to Ethiopia. I’ve worked in North Africa - Morocco, Tunisia and (Gaddafi era) Libya. I always get the shits in those countries though. Also worked in Botswana (highly recommended), Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa. I always enjoyed my time in SA but god it’s violent. I’ve seen some very dark stuff in and around Durban. The more remote bits up by the Sani Pass by Lesotho are wonderful though. Apart from our own Highlands, it was one of the nicest and most spectacular places I’ve ever been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in