• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Admit it!

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
That you sometimes like music your maybe not supposed to. If you are brave enough to

Ill list a few

1. While I was totally into punk, one of the first singles I bought was, too much heaven, by bee gees
2. I actually did like Captain sensibles, Happy talk
3. I loved Vienna...however for some reason I never bought it, and helped Joe Dolce to the top with Shaddup ya face
4. I like much of Taylors swifts songs
5. I am very much liking Christina Perri

Ok enough of my embarrassing moments, what about yours

Joe Dolce.

Nobody is going to top that Davy.

I think I need a shrink!!

Joe Dolce.

I can!! Startrekking 1987

Joe Dolce.

Och, shadupyaface!

Im normally an indie/punk fan but Im a sucker for a good pop tune. 80s stuff in particular - Duran Duran, Madonna, Erasure, The Go Gos etc...
I went to see Katy Perry with the wife a few years ago (and I liked it). On a Hibs related note, the gig was in Manchester the night before our second play off game against Accies. Obviously I never thought we'd be in that situation when I bought the tickets and after taking a two goal lead from New Douglas Park I assumes the game at Easter Road would be a formality... So I heard us getting relegated while sat on a Megabus in Preston bus station with a hangover... It doesn't get much grimmer.

I liked Abba way before they were cool to like.
I've always liked 50's music even though I wasnt born untill late 60's
Simon and Garfunkel is on my Spotify with bridge over troubled waters particularly powerful.
Yet, the pistols , oasis and manics are probably my fav 3 bands. :puzzledsmiley:

I was a punk,but i secretly liked stuff like Billy Joel and the Bee Gees jive talking and I liked Grease and that one that goes,'It's going to be a lovely dayyyyy'.If you look at my profile pic,you might spot a choke chain with padlock a la Sid Viscious,I thought with the t-shirt I was showing off a sort of Talking Headsy type vibe.

First album I ever bought: Brothers in Arms, Dire Straits
First single I ever bought (in Tollcross Woolies): Jive Talkin', The Bee Gees [EDIT: It was a cover I bought, by Boogie Box High]

First album I ever bought: Brothers in Arms, Dire Straits
First single I ever bought (in Tollcross Woolies): Jive Talkin', The Bee Gees [EDIT: It was a cover I bought, by Boogie Box High]
First single I ever bought, the Smurfs and Father Abraham. Take that so called Aggie

See all the stuff you lot are confessing to. That's the stuff I like! And Ibiza anthems ... even without drugs!

Never really enjoyed the cool artists - except maybe any commercial stuff they made by mistake.

First single I ever bought, the Smurfs and Father Abraham. Take that so called Aggie

Joe Dolce.

First single I ever bought, the Smurfs and Father Abraham.

My apologies Davy.

I saw the Wombles at Leith Town Hall.
Uncle Bulgaria was da man.

First single: "Turtle Power" by Partners in Kryme :icon-redface:
First gig: Garry Glitter's Gangshow at the SECC :icon-redface::icon-redface::icon-redface:

First single: "Turtle Power" by Partners in Kryme :icon-redface:

Snap!

I usually say my first single was Sheriff Fatman by Carter USM when asked (it was the first "proper" single I bought), but in reality that Turtles single has it beat by about a year.

Kinda glad my first gig was Green Day and not Gary though :lookaround:

My first gig was Northside at what was then called The Network, closely followed by the Soup Dragons at the Queens Hall.

Makes up for my first single shanness a wee bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first gig was Northside at what was then called The Network, closely followed by the Soup Dragons at the Queens Hall.

Makes up for my first single shanness a wee bit.

first gig was ub40 at play house. first album was madness.

first gig was ub40 at play house. first album was madness.

First single you bought was fcukin madness too.

Does Simon and Garfunkel count?
Luckily never bought any really embarrassing stuff like U2,the Smiths or the Jam.

Cannae remember the first single I bought.. But the first album was Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden.
The first gig I attended was Saxon at the Playhouse, September 1985 :035::035:

First single I bought was “the Hustle” by Van McCoy which would be kinda cool except that I thought it was about Kung Fu and asked for “Do the Ha Saw” (I dunno either). I was totally humiliated by the record shop staff.

First album I bought was Great War Movie themes by Geoff Love (great name) and his Orchestra.

My first gig was probably Skeets Boliver who were a Dundee pub rock band.

What a truly shite childhood.

I seem to remember I had a single by Pinky and Perky back when the world was in black and white. For those who don't know, Pinky and Perky were two puppet pigs

First gig would have been The Cure at the old Glasgow Apollo

I seem to remember I had a single by Pinky and Perky back when the world was in black and white. For those who don't know, Pinky and Perky were two puppet pigs

First gig would have been The Cure at the old Glasgow Apollo

No wonder you ended up as a polis.

No wonder you ended up as a polis.
Fuckin knew you'd jump on that

First single-Gimmee Dat Ding by the Pipkins(i was eight) first Concert was Duke Ellington with my old man and brother aged 10 at the Usher Hall, my first Gig, was the White Riot Tour aged 15 at the Playhouse with the Slits, Subway Sect, the Jam, The Buzzcocks and the Clash.

First single I remember having was We Have a Dream by Scotland’s 82 World Cup squad, still like it...

My first album would be Malcolm Sargeant's Orchestral Brass.

I love 80's pop music...IMO it was the last great decade for pop music.

Love Abba as well...Benny and Bjorn were brilliant pop songwriters. Bee Gees were great as well.

Can't remember the first single I ever bought but it would have been something around the mid 70's. A guy who lived over the road from us when I was a kid used to loan me loads of 45's so I got to know lots of 70's songs and who sung them. Helped me in many a pop quiz over the years !
First album I ever bought was ELO; Out of the Blue in 1977.
First gig attended was UFO at the Odeon in January 1980 when I was 15 and a huge rock fan. It was an amazing gig as well.

First single you bought was fcukin madness too.
Don't disagree, though I was only 5

I saw the Wombles at Leith Town Hall.
Uncle Bulgaria was da man.
So did I although I don't actually remember it, I just remember my folks talking about it. Actually it was maybe Animal Kwackers. Or both.

First single was bought for me by my auld man.... Just got our new record player so he was treatin us all to the single of our choice. I opted for Beatles "Can't buy me love" Apparently it was sold out so he selected in it's place Anthony fecckin Newley, "i'll teach you how to cry".
First gig was Rory Gallagher at the Cavendish, nae seats just a crowd of hairies sittin cross legged on the dancefloor mesmerised by his brilliance

So did I although I don't actually remember it, I just remember my folks talking about it. Actually it was maybe Animal Kwackers. Or both.

Ok it wisnae that one then seeing as I wasn't born yet!

First single I remember having was We Have a Dream by Scotland’s 82 World Cup squad, still like it...
Just went to listen again after reading that. Magic. Best football song ever. Even beats World in Motion.

This thread has been viewed 3744 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back