• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Adam Le Fondre

TheHiberniator

Private Member
Reaction score
Hibs boss Neil Lennon weighs up move for English Championship striker

♂️

That's more like it

I'd rather we just signed players rather than read in the Sun that we are "weighing up moves" for a player. This usually means that we don't sign him as he opts for higher wages elsewhere leaving fans who had built up their hopes gutted. Le Fondre is a fantastic striker and would be some coup but (sorry for the scepticism) i'll believe it when I see it. His wages will be astronomical compared to what we can pay.

No chance [emoji23]

This is the new Hooper rumour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No chance [emoji23]

This is the new Hooper rumour

Dunno. Bolton are in deep shit financially with players on strike over unpaid wages etc... An SPFL wage is better than no wage at all.

FWIW I think this would would be an incredible signing.

Dunno. Bolton are in deep shit financially with players on strike over unpaid wages etc... An SPFL wage is better than no wage at all.

FWIW I think this would would be an incredible signing.

I get that, I just think that even if guys like Hooper and Le Fondre were wanting to leave their clubs, there would be wages on offer all the way down to league 1 (or lower) that would simply make us irrelevant.

I get that, I just think that even if guys like Hooper and Le Fondre were wanting to leave their clubs, there would be wages on offer all the way down to league 1 (or lower) that would simply make us irrelevant.
Yep, pretty much.

At this stage, I think even League 2 could probably offer monies that most Scottish clubs, outside of maybe the top five, would struggle to compete with.

I'd rather we just signed players rather than read in the Sun that we are "weighing up moves" for a player. This usually means that we don't sign him as he opts for higher wages elsewhere leaving fans who had built up their hopes gutted. Le Fondre is a fantastic striker and would be some coup but (sorry for the scepticism) i'll believe it when I see it. His wages will be astronomical compared to what we can pay.

Typical sly, agent tactics though. Leak news of interest to alert clubs with more money to start bidding. Those sewer rats are a big part of the reason the modern games`s fucked and clubs in small leagues get shit on.

Le Fondre is 31 now so at the top level may only have another 3-4 years. Maybe he'd fancy a chance of Europe and some success over big wages which he has been on most of his career... Probably not? :102:

Typical sly, agent tactics though. Leak news of interest to alert clubs with more money to start bidding. Those sewer rats are a big part of the reason the modern games`s fucked and clubs in small leagues get shit on.
This. Agents and all who profit from these tactics are massively complicit in the mess our game is in and the way fans are taken for mugs.
No doubt the old market economy keech would get rolled out by them in their defence. This nonsense is screwing the game in Scotland because we don't have the financial clout via tv deals to protect our clubs

Gone to Sydney.

This thread has been viewed 1493 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back