Accounts lodged at companies house (1 Viewer)

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I recall at the AGM some chap asked a question around LDs money.

Rod rescued the star struck Jamie, he's not used to being asked awkward questions.

Our paid directors salaries are agreed with a small number of nonexec directors who take guidance from some independent directors salary review body.

Also muddying the waters was that a director, or directors, had become quite creative with pension payments - as they are allowed to do - and this might look as though remuneration packages are a bit topsy turvy (not the actual actuarial term).
Salary sacrifice I think jack.

Basically takes money off the 'top' of your pay and sticks it into a pension pot saving tax etc.
Although there is tax to come when it is realised as income depending upon other circumstances.

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Hedge funds?
:))
Maybe this is what we should be doing, 50% money raised through sales pumped in to emerging markets etc. We could be the Norway of the SPFL in 10 years. :burnout:

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Salary sacrifice I think jack.

Basically takes money off the 'top' of your pay and sticks it into a pension pot saving tax etc.
Although there is tax to come when it is realised as income depending upon other circumstances.
That applies to normal pension contributions too though, income tax is paid when you draw the pension and not the contribution. Otherwise it would be taxed twice. Salary sacrifice saves the employee, and more importantly the employer, paying NI on the pension contributions.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
That applies to normal pension contributions too though, income tax is paid when you draw the pension and not the contribution. Otherwise it would be taxed twice. Salary sacrifice saves the employee, and more importantly the employer, paying NI on the pension contributions.
Yep - I take advantage of this scheme. Just pointing out that it wasn't a 'tax dodge' although representing a good deal for employer and employee.

Reactions: Central_Hibee

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Yep - I take advantage of this scheme. Just pointing out that it wasn't a 'tax dodge' although representing a good deal for employer and employee.
So do I :icon-lol: so wouldn't criticise them. Makes sense for both parties.

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I've nothing against high performing executives being remunerated accordingly with incentives for excellent performance. Just as long as there's consequences for under performance.

Reactions: Central_Hibee

Al Catraz

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Disappointing to see our wages to income ratio has dropped at a time when it should be increased.
Could also depend on the actual "number of staff" taken into the calculation, compared to other SPL clubs. How many staff are on Hibs payroll compared to say Aberdeen ??

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
That's some package Dempster is making out of Hibs. She must be the only one connected with the club who is happy this morning.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
That's some package Dempster is making out of Hibs. She must be the only one connected with the club who is happy this morning.
Pretty decent wedge - hopefully she will earn it and make sure we get a decent coach in now. That's got to be her priority.
A wee statement through her PR guy Forsythe about progress, even something bland, might help communications too - although I just want the thing done and dusted. The longer we have aimless players and a lack of leadership on and off the park the more encouragement there is for criticism.

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Pretty decent wedge - hopefully she will earn it and make sure we get a decent coach in now. That's got to be her priority.
A wee statement through her PR guy Forsythe about progress, even something bland, might help communications too - although I just want the thing done and dusted. The longer we have aimless players and a lack of leadership on and off the park the more encouragement there is for criticism.
Agreed. Time for her to get Grant Stott in to do a wee video interview. Sorry I forgot season tickets are not yet on sale....

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel