A quick hello from Hibs new content team

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

benjacobs

Hibernian Official
Evening Hibees!

I just wanted to join this forum and say a quick hello from your brand new content team at Hibs.

My name is Ben Jacobs. I am head of communications and content at the club. We have also appointed Adam Tomlinson (communications manager) and Mathew Newton (digital lead).

I hope you have noticed a positive change in our style and volume of content since pre-season started. We have relaunched the programme and some social graphics and are now offering more website content and in-game video updates. We will expand these areas, as well as the video on Hibs TV, over the coming season.

I am really keen to connect with as many of you as possible since it's important we get feedback from you. Feel free to email me via bjacobs@hibernianfc.co.uk and I will check this board from time to time.

We are really keen as a team to tell more fan-led stories, so please reach out if you'd like to feature or believe the club should be telling your story.

Excited to welcome you all back to Easter Road and I hope those of you who got down for Arsenal enjoyed the win!

Best,

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Content this summer has been excellent. Communications needs improvement. Lots of potential if it happens.

Good luck.

Reactions: Zab

benjacobs

Hibernian Official
Content this summer has been excellent. Communications needs improvement. Lots of potential if it happens.

Good luck.
What areas of communications would you like us to focus more on?

I fully appreciate fans want to know when they can return to Easter Road or what limited numbers we can allow inside the stadium until then. And we are working with the appropriate authorities to bring you an update on that as soon as we can.

Feel free to email me any thoughts of other areas you feel we need to improve on since all fan feedback is valued and will be factored in to our approach.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge

I fully appreciate fans want to know when they can return to Easter Road or what limited numbers we can allow inside the stadium until then. And we are working with the appropriate authorities to bring you an update on that as soon as we can.

Feel free to email me any thoughts of other areas you feel we need to improve on since all fan feedback is valued and will be factored in to our approach.
Not sure how representative I am of the Hibs support but the truth is I get all of my Hibs content either from here or from Twitter posts (and I don't even really need to look at Twitter as @PILTONSTANY puts all the good stuff on here!). I tend not to click through any Twitter posts to the linked content and I've not looked at any of the digital programmes that I've been sent (I think 280 characters might be the limit of my attention span...). However I'm now thinking that's a bit daft on my part so I'm going to make a point of looking at your team's output. Might be interesting to find out how many others are similar to me though, and work out how to get them engaged.

Ps I don't know what an RSS feed is exactly but I anticipate that @Jamie will be along in due course to ask for them to be sorted - it seems to have been a bugbear for a long time!

Not sure how representative I am of the Hibs support but the truth is I get all of my Hibs content either from here or from Twitter posts (and I don't even really need to look at Twitter as @PILTONSTANY puts all the good stuff on here!). I tend not to click through any Twitter posts to the linked content and I've not looked at any of the digital programmes that I've been sent (I think 280 characters might be the limit of my attention span...). However I'm now thinking that's a bit daft on my part so I'm going to make a point of looking at your team's output. Might be interesting to find out how many others are similar to me though, and work out how to get them engaged.

Ps I don't know what an RSS feed is exactly but I anticipate that @Jamie will be along in due course to ask for them to be sorted - it seems to have been a bugbear for a long time!

I should also be taken into consideration that there are possibly thousands like myself who do not nor intend to use Twitter or Facebook.

As your uncle David Jacobs would have said, I hope your team are a big Hit and don't Miss opportunities out there.

Best of luck in the new gig Ben.

BIG G

Last edited:

Admin

Hi Ben, as one of the Bounce admins, I would suggest we need a chat about the RSS feeds. We are happy to back the club with their ideas, promotions etc, but the club need to respond in kind, we don't charge, we don't delete, we try not ban users and we are open minded about working with you guys. We currently have a place for all club info, we think it could be so much batter presented. See here:

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here