• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

3.5 Million

Farmer will sell the club to whoever he feels has the best interests of the club in hand for it's future prosperity. David Lowe is a very experienced and highly respected football financial analyst who was heavily involved with advising Fergus McCann in his hugely successful takeover and ownership of Celtic in the mid 1990's. I have absolutely no doubt that Lowe will not be investing much or any of his own money into Hibs simply because he doesn't have anything like the personal finance required to gain either a controlling interest in the club or a substantial stake in the club, IMO he will be part of the consortium trying to gain control, but will only be there in an advisory role and that sort of expertise is to be welcomed IMO.

The Paul Kane consortium still seems from my point of view unclear in it's intentions. I have big reservations about the whole "fan ownership" model, but I await with interest what they have to offer. Paul Kane will have Hibs best interests at heart, he was a mate of mine at school and I know how passionate a Hibee he is. I know there are highly capable Hibs people involved with his consortium, but at the end of the day Tom Farmer and his advisors have to decide what is best for the club's future, and of course any deal has to be satisfactory to Farmer personally and his advisors.

I am not bothered really if the new owners of Hibernian are died in the wool Hibees or not, although in an ideal world of course I would rather they were. I want ambitious, driven people in control at the top of our club who recognise the great potential of Hibernian and have the vision, financial expertise and energy required to take us to the top of Scottish Football where we belong.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't worry too much about this. The new more professional footballing set-up at Hibs has been long planned and should have happened years ago. I cannot see any new owners wanting to change something which looks like it could be working for us...although it is still very early days yet.

Tell me what you know about the Lowe bid, other than your assumptions? You have reservations about the other bid, but know no more than you do about Low's bid????? I think your statement makes no sense, sorry?

Tell me what you know about the Lowe bid, other than your assumptions? You have reservations about the other bid, but know no more than you do about Low's bid????? I think your statement makes no sense, sorry?

What I was thinking!!

Farmer will sell the club to whoever he feels has the best interests of the club in hand for it's future prosperity. David Lowe is a very experienced and highly respected football financial analyst who was heavily involved with advising Fergus McCann in his hugely successful takeover and ownership of Celtic in the mid 1990's. I have absolutely no doubt that Lowe will not be investing much or any of his own money into Hibs simply because he doesn't have anything like the personal finance required to gain either a controlling interest in the club or a substantial stake in the club, IMO he will be part of the consortium trying to gain control, but will only be there in an advisory role and that sort of expertise is to be welcomed IMO.

The Paul Kane consortium still seems from my point of view unclear in it's intentions. I have big reservations about the whole "fan ownership" model, but I await with interest to see what they have to offer. Paul Kane will have Hibs best interests at heart, he was a mate of mine at school and I know how passionate a Hibee he is. I know there are highly capable Hibs people involved with his consortium, but at the end of the day Tom Farmer and his advisors have to decide what is best for the club's future, and of course any deal has to be satisfactory to Farmer personally and his advisors.

I am not bothered really if the new owners of Hibernian are died in the wool Hibees or not, although in an ideal world of course I would rather they were. I want ambitious, driven people in control at the top of our club who recognise the great potential of Hibernian and have the vision, financial expertise and energy required to take us to the top of Scottish Football where we belong.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't worry too much about this. The new more professional footballing set-up at Hibs has been long planned and should have happened years ago. I cannot see any new owners wanting to change something which looks like it could be working for us...although it is still very early days yet.

Not enough detail on either groups plans or objectives for me at this point. It appears that people are aligning to parties as a result of personal preferences(which is understandable) rather than detailed knowledge of plans and objectives of the respective parties. I am encouraged that we have 2 interested parties, for me this is an indication of the positivity surrounding the club at the moment.

I will have reservations about both bids until I see the details...sorry if my post did not make that clear
...and I don't have any personal preferences out of the two bids. I was just giving my own personal overview of how I see the situation as it currently stands. If Kano's consortium bid is substantial and offers the best future for Hibs I will back it 100%.

I want to see the club in the main in the hands of those that care most about it. Us.

I will have reservations about both bids until I see the details...sorry if my post did not make that clear
...and I don't have any personal preferences out of the two bids. I was just giving my own personal overview of how I see the situation as it currently stands. If Kano's consortium bid is substantial and offers the best future for Hibs I will back it 100%.

Best future/option for Hibs is all that is important to me. As I will continue to state, have more than one party interested is a good thing, I am sure STF concurs:read:

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see the club in the main in the hands of those that care most about it. Us.

Fan ownership?

It's fairly common knowledge that Petrie and Farmer's advisers have been soliciting talks over the winter with up to half a dozen individuals or groups. Those who lack a supporter mandate have little chance of success.

The most likely proposition to be considered by PWC is a mix of private investment and community ownership from those closest to the Hibernian family.

Low has no such connections and is unlikely to get past first base with the six Hibbies on the Board. They will be keen to avoid another Ibrox pantomime here.

You haven't got much wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent post.
Have to agree with the Dr here, excellent post

We have folk constantly moaning about ticket prices, but people think fans ownership, where a vast number would have to commit to an additional supplement, will work??? It works in the short term when there is no other option ie hearts. But we'd be foolish not to properly consider other options. It may be this other consortium have big plans. Let's hear them out.

There is a lot of talk about which party has the best interests of Hibs at heart, but surely that's not enough on its own? I have absolutely no doubt (and I know some will disagree) that Rod Petrie and Tom Farmer have always acted in the best interests of Hibs. There have been mistakes and errors of judgement along the way, but I don't doubt their motives.

I am heartened that there are a couple of options for the future of Hibs and that Tom Farmer is considering them and especially that he is insisting on guarantees on the long term security of the institution. I hope he makes the right choice, and I trust that he will be in possession of enough facts to help him to do that.

As an aside, what are the best interests of Hibs? There are probably several answers and some may be mutually exclusive. For me, the first and overriding priority is that the club survives, everything else should come from that.

Baby Mail article, excuse the formatting I'm doing this on a tab;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2720455/Hibernian-set-recieve-3-5million-bid-advisor-David-Low-heads-consortium.html

Financial advisor David Low last night revealed he is heading up a consortium bidding to seize control of troubled Hibs in a 3.5million deal.

Majority shareholder Sir Tom Farmer has authorised under-fire chairman Rod Petrie to find a buyer for the clubs parent company HFC Holdings Ltd.

And Low, one of the leading figures in Fergus McCanns Celtic takeover, is believed to have joined forces with former Easter Road chairman Malcolm McPherson and Frank Lynch - former owner of Celtic Nation - to make an offer for the club.

A rainbow alliance of supporters groups are also interested in establishing community ownership at the club and have held talks with Petrie, who was the subject of fierce protests over his stewardship of the club following last seasons relegation to the Championship.

Insisting he has already spoken to influential supporters groups about joining forces, however, Low told Sportsmail last night: I have made an offer for Hibernian Football Club on behalf of a group of investors.

We were encouraged to make an offer by Mr Petrie, we made an offer to Mr Petrie and we have met his nominated advisors for discussions. Beyond that, the ball is now in their court.

Low has financial backing from the UK and America and believes he can deliver the legacy guarantees on the clubs welfare being sought by Sir Tom Farmer.

Did Malcolm McPherson want to sack Sauzee? I was led to believe he was made too?

Shrink would know the answer to that one?

Did Malcolm McPherson want to sack Sauzee? I was led to believe he was made too?

I understood it was a board decision that MMc didn't agree with but because of his position it was he who had to fire the gun.

There is a lot of talk about which party has the best interests of Hibs at heart, but surely that's not enough on its own? I have absolutely no doubt (and I know some will disagree) that Rod Petrie and Tom Farmer have always acted in the best interests of Hibs. There have been mistakes and errors of judgement along the way, but I don't doubt their motives.

I am heartened that there are a couple of options for the future of Hibs and that Tom Farmer is considering them and especially that he is insisting on guarantees on the long term security of the institution. I hope he makes the right choice, and I trust that he will be in possession of enough facts to help him to do that.

As an aside, what are the best interests of Hibs? There are probably several answers and some may be mutually exclusive. For me, the first and overriding priority is that the club survives, everything else should come from that.

Agreed...good post

He didn't want to.

He felt he had to.

He didn't want to.

He felt he had to.

So it was his choice Doc? Thats what I meant, I was under the impression he didn't have much say in it????

So it was his choice Doc? Thats what I meant, I was under the impression he didn't have much say in it????

It was his decision I believe.

We have folk constantly moaning about ticket prices, but people think fans ownership, where a vast number would have to commit to an additional supplement, will work??? It works in the short term when there is no other option ie hearts. But we'd be foolish not to properly consider other options. It may be this other consortium have big plans. Let's hear them out.

Correct, I don't think I would wanna commit to say 30 a month and then pay ticket prices as well. Share issues...where there was some kind of benefit would be a more interesting idea. I do like the idea of fan ownership, just don't see it being the best way to keep a business afloat

I'm happy to wait and see what all potential owners have to say.

I don't favour either yet because neither of them have given is any info. It's all under TF's request for privacy*I think?

We'll wait and see, but at least this is a solid offer on the table and TF will do what's best for the club either way.

A certain R Petrie, a board member at the time, opposed the sacking.

That is correct too.

That is correct too.

He also appears to have objected to Butcher being sacked and was in no rush to bullet Fenlon...

We should get that guy as owner. He obviously has the fans mentality and I'd heard he's been at every game for the last 15 years!

We should get that guy as owner. He obviously has the fans mentality and I'd heard he's been at every game for the last 15 years!

He's too busy working in a non-executive chairman position.

He also appears to have objected to Butcher being sacked and was in no rush to bullet Fenlon...

Really?
Or am I not picking up the sarcasm?

Cheers Doc, seems I was mis-informed

I did think it was you who told me that particular tale.

If you want the best for our club then it has to be with our own people does it not?

Depends on who's better for taking the club forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed Sir Tom will make the correct descion for the future well being of the club, if he thinks neither are suitable then he wont sell.

Take it as what you will, but I've heard from a third party who I would rely on that STF is not in the richest of health, nothing serious other than simply getting his age catching up with him, but at this point that is a motivation behind him wanting to sell the club.

The words he used were that he is 'not quite himself these days'.

I did think it was you who told me that particular tale.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Neigh chance :cya

Take it as what you will, but I've heard from a third party who I would rely on that STF is not in the richest of health, nothing serious other than simply getting his age catching up with him, but at this point that is a motivation behind him wanting to sell the club.

The words he used were that he is 'not quite himself these days'.

Heard something similar today also.

I expected my post to trigger such a response.

I expected my post to trigger such a response.

You should rein these puns in but once you have the bit between your teeth theres neigh stopping you :coffee:

Great post. For me the best interests of Hibs is a long term future balanced with us being competitive at the top of the top league, That hasn't happened for a long time though. That is not just the fault of Petrie and Farmer, we haven't been near the top challenging since the mid 70,s. I do however feel that we have let ourselves down when you see how clubs with smaller budgets have managed to compete and build when we have went backwards dramatically. We could and should have/do much better than we have.

Why does Farmer not just do a Jack Walker and give the club to the community.its not as if he needs the money...

Why does Farmer not just do a Jack Walker and give the club to the community.its not as if he needs the money...

Because Jack Walker loved his football club and community.The longer this drags on I'm inclined to think that Farmer not only doesn't like football, he doesn't like Hibs and we've been a vehicle for him to get his wee purple badge and make a few quid.

This thread has been viewed 5089 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50