Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Jan 8, 2006
Fauldhouse
Like Scottish fans in Manchester?
I get the whole "cannae bear the media" bit but it's some leap to tar an entire 60 million people with the same brush. Are we culpable for/associated with the Scottish, sorry Weegie centric, media and the Orc hordes in Manchester? Because that's the logic...
I hope Croatia win for a range of reasons but not because everyone living south of the border meets a stereotype. Just like we are not the stereotypes some would paint us as.
You reckon 60 million can be arsed with it? There'll be loads who have no interest in football or will be supporting another team. Besides, the Huns who went tonto in Manchester are more akin to the 'footballs coming home' mongs than they are up here. I'd put that mob of quislings onto a ferry, bound for Norn Iron and sink it midway. Fuckin hate them

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
You reckon 60 million can be arsed with it? There'll be loads who have no interest in football or will be supporting another team. Besides, the Huns who went tonto in Manchester are more akin to the 'footballs coming home' mongs than they are up here. I'd put that mob of quislings onto a ferry, bound for Norn Iron and sink it midway. Fuckin hate them
You described them as a nation.

You extrapolated a group of individuals to represent that nation.

We have groups of people who behave in similar ways. They're Scots.

But in 2018 you'd expect better...from both sides of the border.

Colchester Hibs

Private Member
Registered
Aug 23, 2009
Edinburgh
I was in the ABE camp for 40 years until the Tunisia game, I found myself jumping up when Kane scored in the last minute, maybe this is due to having a English wife and Welsh son but the penny dropped for me regardless, I can honestly say I feel better not having the “hatred” I’ve harboured over the years. Each to their own though, FWIW I’ll be happy for my family and mates down south if they somehow manage to pull it off. England is buzzing and I’m sort of glad I’m getting on the bandwagon, I’m no gonna lie, feels weird but I’m embracing it for now

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
Apparently the daft lassie who was jumping up and down on an ambulance roof 'celebrating' Ingerlund's victory the other day is in fact from the West of Scotland.
Imagine that - a Scot from that neck of the woods going tonto over an Ingerlund win.
I wonder which Scottish team she supports?

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
England have achieved much more than anyone expected and can be satisfied with reaching the semi-final. They will be gutted at getting so near but Croatia were the better team tonight. I would love to see them win the World Cup on Sunday but France must be very strong favourites

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
England have achieved much more than anyone expected and can be satisfied with reaching the semi-final. They will be gutted at getting so near but Croatia were the better team tonight. I would love to see them win the World Cup on Sunday but France must be very strong favourites
I was watching it on Dutch telly and, honestly, I'm surprised that my Scottish 'tinterwebz sphere is suggesting that Croatia bossed it.

From my perspective, they did next to nothing until they equalised; and England could (should?) have been two up by that point. But for 68 minutes, I thought England had them well scouted and were happy to witness Ivan Rakitic playing the worst game for his country he's ever played.

Weird how different folk see the game differently, eh? :)

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
Delighted for Croatia. It was mental there on Saturday night when they got to the semi. Gutted to be home and missing their reactions tonight. Modric for the Ballon d'Or. CL winner and hopefully WC winner. Tall order but I'm hoping that this wonderful wee nation of 4 million people get the joy they deserve.

Football won tonight.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
I was watching it on Dutch telly and, honestly, I'm surprised that my Scottish 'tinterwebz sphere is suggesting that Croatia bossed it.

From my perspective, they did next to nothing until they equalised; and England could (should?) have been two up by that point. But for 68 minutes, I thought England had them well scouted and were happy to witness Ivan Rakitic playing the worst game for his country he's ever played.

Weird how different folk see the game differently, eh? :)
England had the better of the early stages but missed some good chances. Second half I thought Croatia took control of the game and their equaliser was coming. From then on they looked more likely to win than a wilting England and they got the goal they deserved IMO. England can be proud of what they have achieved. Yes, the draw favoured them but they gave it their all and came mighty close. They are a young team and will only get better but I doubt they will ever have a better chance of winning a World Cup.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
From a driving Facebook page I follow.

Still through to the 3rd or 4th stages folks! Seeing reports in Leeds of cars being set on fire! Please stop, it’s only a game of football! Yes, we all wanted our teams to win but is it really worth a criminal record? Cctv will catch you!

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
May 16, 2004
SCOTLAND
Perhaps it was this bit and he's bang on, they had themselves in the final before they'd played the semi, usual arrogance. They got tae the semi by beating a bunch of ham and eggers, got beat by the only decent team (Belgium) they played before the semi and took it forgranted they were beating Croatia.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
England had the better of the early stages but missed some good chances. Second half I thought Croatia took control of the game and their equaliser was coming. From then on they looked more likely to win than a wilting England and they got the goal they deserved IMO. England can be proud of what they have achieved. Yes, the draw favoured them but they gave it their all and came mighty close. They are a young team and will only get better but I doubt they will ever have a better chance of winning a World Cup.
Good summary, my man.

That's largely how I saw it.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com
England’s only game plan revolved - like others in the tournament - around scoring the first goal, and the first time they came up against a mentally tough team they didn’t have enough to see it through.

The stats were fairly hefty in favour of Croatia and once they equalised I thought there was only one winner.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com