• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

1902 the play

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
Have got tickets for this Fringe production (as well as A Field of their own). Anyone been yet or planning to go? The Hibs theme at this year's Fringe is heartening. The only pest about our tickets is that the performance is Tuesday night but thankfully at 5pm so able to go from there to the match...

Mmm.

I've got 2 shows on Tuesday, Milton Jones and Andrew Maxwell.

I'm doing nothing on Wednesday. What used to be the traditional midweek match day!

Went to this last night before the game and it was a mixed review from our group.

Tricky one in that it has been written by a fellow Hibs fan and performed by the same and you have to applaud the energy and drive that someone has to have had to make that happen. Especially at the age of 22.

It's an 18 rating because it's in a bar and the language is industrial throughout. My laddie didn't care for it. There were Hibs related errors in the script and he said "it lost me there and then". It irked the rest of us but not as much. The play is about 4 fans paying £250 a ticket for the 2016 final and the bother they get into finding the cash.

I would say the show was trying to be Trainspotting meets SoL set in Bonnyrigg. The main hard man in the plot is a Begbie rip off. There's a token Jambo written in for comic effect and it's fair to say he was the best performer on the night. He was polished and genuinely quite funny.

The play is set in a bar in Bonnyrigg and the stage is the bar at the Art College. You go in, get yourself a drink and join the set.

The massive plus for us was 2 tourists from abroad who were taken enough with it, who on hearing Hibs were playing after the show, got themselves to ER and enjoyed the game in the West upper. They were delighted they did. Two new fans converted. They loved Efes back flips.

Thanks for review, picked up a flyer for this show in Persevere before game on Tuesday night.

Not sure if I could cope with Hibs factual errors in script but might go along

Last edited:
Thanks for review, picked up a flyer for this show in Persevere before game on Tuesday night.

Not sure if I could cope with Hivs factual errors in script but might go along

We wondered whether the mistakes were slips of the tongue...just getting lines wrong. It did M's nut in.

What were the errors? Think that what annoy me too.

The wifes best mate is trying to get us to go as she knows someone in it.

What were the errors? Think that what annoy me too. The wifes best mate is trying to get us to go as she knows someone in it.
There is a bit they recount the story of the 21st May and the sequence of events was wrong. Wee things like saying Stokes and Miller's post/bar hitting were in the second half. Like I said the actor could have just said second instead of first half in a slip of the tongue. Then they constantly referred to us scoring on 93 mins. Which is bizarre. 90+2 had become part of the folklore and nicely dovetails with the erm 1902 references. Why they'd not refer to this in 90+2 terms I've no idea? There were also references to the cup final ticket sale process that suggest a lack of reality. Not saying more than that as it would give too much away.Like I said, just wee irksome stuff that General viewers and non Hibbies wouldn't even register. They bothered some in our group more than others. It was an okay Hibs related show and a laddies first attempt at writing a script.

1902, 1902, I haven't seen a good play since 1902

I went to see the 1902 play at the Wee Red Room at the Art College.
Was brilliant! Great story around the cup final.
1902-2016!

Didn't realise the topic had been posted earlier. The actors came across really well, maybe just getting use to the roles. Facts seemed right.
Also the audience were great.

Having now seen both productions, A field of our own knocked 1902 right out the park.

AFOOO could easily be scaled up to a bigger venue and the quality of script, cast, stage design etc means nothing else would need changed. That said the venue was apt and intimate.

Hibs, if you can bring this back next year, please do. More shows in a longer run would still sell out over and over. I'd go back and see it again. No hesitation. Loved that the cast had life long Hibs fans I recognised, club employees the lot. Music and singing were top drawer too.

Hi Guys,

I'm actually part of the cast of the show "1902". We are all extremely grateful that you guys came along to see the show and your feedback on here has been EXTREMELY helpful in helping us to adapt and improve the show for this years. I can in fact confirm that the "errors" were not part of the script and were in fact errors of the actors. Our aim is to create a show that destroys the fear of "Theatre Etiquette" and appeals to a wider audience such as football fans. Being a hibs fan myself I am extremely happy to have another chance to showcase this story, its more than just about hibs, its about football, being young, growing up Scottish and mad about football.

I really hope those of you who hadn't the chance to see it last year come along, and those who have seen it, we are very keen to up heighten your experience of the show as we have really taken your feedback on board.

GGTTH

Where and when is this on? Times etc?

All ticket?

Where and when is this on? Times etc?

All ticket?
The show is on at the Wee Red bar on Lauriston place, 5pm and 7:30pm everyday from the 3rd to the 27th of August

Tickets purchased at the fringe website :)

Just back home from the @edfringe after seeing the brilliant '1902' by @1902SaltireSky. Lots of funny and a wee bit of sad topped off with some exuberance. If you're a hibee then get to this, you will not be disappointed.

This thread has been viewed 4165 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back