• We have upgraded the theme which will allow us to add a lot of useful add-ones.

You can dismiss this as you would probably be raging if not.
  • Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

111 years... Does anyone actually care?

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Every time I pick up a newspaper or listen to the radio and the subject of tomorrow comes up (and this has been the case for a long, long time; any time Hibs get a run in the Scottish Cup, actually), a lot of time is spent on the 111 years it's taken for Hibs to win the Scottish Cup. This record is considered so significant, it clearly dominates a lot of talk in the media...

But it doesn't dominate talk amongst Hibs supporters.

Yes, we're all desperately excited about tomorrow and would love to win. But I think that's because it's a trophy, it's the perfect way to end a season, and it's a game we're not expected to win. I don't really believe, however, that Hibs fans in general are going tomorrow and worrying about the fact we've not won this particular fixture since 1902.

In my experience, it matters to two sets of people:

1) The Scottish media.
2) The Merricks.

Am I wrong? Is there anyone on the bounce who really worries about this record on an annual basis? I know a lot of Hibs supporters, and all they're talking about (as it was last year) is the joy they'll feel at winning a trophy and by beating one of our most hated rivals in the process.

Is it just me?

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Nope, don't care how long it's been.

Just makes it all the more special when we ram it down some gunts throat!

Gunts are so worried about us winning, they know they'll lose everything they hold over us in 1 simple day..
I was telling one of them about how I'll be in tears if we win, they agreed that they will be too..

I asked why and said it wouldn't ruin their identity too much I'm sure, this is their genuine reply..

''no but it would ruin the majority of our songs''

:rollfloor Can't wait

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Yes.

And no.

I dont think the 111 years is uppermost that equates to an awfy long time and despite scurrilous rumours I was NOT at the 1902 game and it wasnt because I couldnt get the day off either.
We are all pretty desperate to see a success we havent seen before thats all.

Possibly the 100 years in a row was more irritating.
But like the Gunts taking photos of each other all over the place with the 5-1 gesture, it simply means more to them than us.

Far.
Far
More.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
It is not the uppermost thing in my mind today, tomorrow or ever.

I find it very amusing when I advise (mainly Gunts) that they shouldn't try to tell me a) how I should feel about it or b) how I actually feel about it because c) I don't feel the way they want me to feel about it :077:

wee 162

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
It bothers me that we've not won it in my, my fathers, or my grandfathers lifetime tbh. But every year gives us another opportunity to right that. When we eventually do win it, I bet you any money we'll win another one soon afterwards.

ArchieinPerth

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
it was annoying for a while...

but a bit like our smellie neighbours who just learn to live with it/them lol

but the year we finally break the hoodoo and win the Cup also being the year Hertz go bust, it might just be sweet :Sparkle_Cool:

cjhibs

Bounce Radge
May have been 111 years before tomorrow, but after, we'll be the reigning Scottish Cup winners

Ryan91

Bounce Radge
The 111 years only matters to me from a sporting history standpoint as our little hoodoo is the longest ongoing streak without winning a certain trophy - next best ar the Chicago Cubs who haven't won the World Series for 88 years - so
I would really hope to shed that unfortunate tag tomorrow.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Don't really give two shits about the number. All I know is I've seen two league cups in my lifetime, and I'd quite like to see a Scottish Cup as well, thankyouplease.

What's really the MOST amusing "111" related factoid is that it makes this the Merricks' biggest game of the season, and they ain't even playing in it. Pleasing.:gunts:

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
It doesn't bother me in the slightest that we have not won the SC in that time...there is not a single thing that can be done now to change that stat and the current team and manager should most definately not be hung out to dry over it should we lose tomorrow. It has nothing to do with them the fact that some of the finest teams we have ever had, have for whatever reason failed to lift the trophy. We are up against a top side tomorrow so there is a very good chance that stat will be extended, but even if it is who cares ?...we just have to continue to try to improve the standard of our team year after year to increase our chances of winning trophies.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Don't really give two shits about the number. All I know is I've seen two league cups in my lifetime, and I'd quite like to see a Scottish Cup as well, thankyouplease.
I'm glad to see that it's not just me that really doesn't bother that much about it, but I do relate to the above comment.

Stats are exactly that; stats. They're not memories, and the memories Hibs have given me over the years will stay with me until I die. I've seen us win two trophies, I've seen us play in Europe, I've seen us win at the homes of our biggest rivals multiple times and I remember how watching McLeish's/Mowbray's teams often made me feel.

All that said...

IN TAE THUM.

DanOConnell1875

Bounce Radge
The fact that it matters at all shows just how great a club Hibs are. Who knows or cares when Dumbarton or Dundee last won Cup? In both cases it's over a hundred years. And I only know that because I looked it up on the net.

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Annoys me a wee bit but its more the fact I've only ever seen us win one bit of silverware in my life. So c'mon hibees get right in about they smelly ***** and shut every gunt up at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Annoys me a wee bit but its more the fact I've only ever seen us win one bit of silverware in my life. So c'mon hibees get right in about they smelly ***** bring the cup home and shut every gunt up at the same time.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Damn right I care...bu I do think some media go way OTT

GdanskHibee

Baltic Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Speaking for myself, last year it mattered. This year it really doesn't.

As a sidenote, I'll be taking the bus (which I take every day) into Gdańsk tomorrow to watch the game. The number? Yep.

:Sparkle_Cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors