• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

£500k release clause for Boyle?

I could accept Boyle leaving in the summer as long as we get a big offer for him, but not in January. It would be a disaster if he was to be sold now, half way through the season. I think Mueller is possibly being seen as his his replacement, however I think that's risky. For me, we would need to try to replace him with a proven player of similar experience.

To be honest, i'm amazed there has not been any firm and realistic offer for Boyle in the last year or so. I'm not including the Aberdeen one which was a joke, I mean a firm realistic offer from a bigger club. He's been a terrific player for Hibs and we really do need to get as much as we can for him when he is sold, which as I say should be in the summer if at all.

Doesn’t help when our Ex Manager is saying that Boyler would be a perfect fit for Celtic, as I and others mentioned previously I just have a horrible feeling with the connection of their Manager we could lose him in this window.

Hibs reject £2 Million bid for Martin Boyle from Saudi club El-Faisaly.....according to Sky Sports.

Reactions: Zab
Hibs reject £2 Million bid for Martin Boyle from Saudi club El_Faisely.....according to Sky Sports.

Is it true Boyle wants the move to happen? Has anyone heard? I reckon the will pay the valuation price when they are paying £19,000 wages.

Hibs reject £2 Million bid for Martin Boyle from Saudi club El-Faisaly.....according to Sky Sports.
We may loathe the Sun, but they're usually spot on with Hibs stuff.

Is it true Boyle wants the move to happen? Has anyone heard? I reckon the will pay the valuation price when they are paying £19,000 wages.

Agree I think they will. If they’ve got the cash to offer wages like that, they’ve got the money to pay our asking price (whatever that is).

Wouldn’t blame Boyle for wanting to make the move happen if that’s the money on offer. If he leaves to earn that and get us a substantial fee in the process, he’s done right by Hibs.

Considerably short… wonder how much we’re looking for?

Lots to think about for Squirrel here - there is womens football in Saudi but would Rachael get a move? It’s also not a brilliant place for wee ones because of the heat - though I know a few guys who lived there as kids.

Lots to think about for Squirrel here - there is womens football in Saudi but would Rachael get a move? It’s also not a brilliant place for wee ones because of the heat - though I know a few guys who lived there as kids.
Be hard to turn down the money being talked about , 3 years could set them up for life but would they fancy somewhere so vastly different ??

It looks like he is going to go eventually this month...will be a massive loss to the Hibs team.
Really hope we have got a suitable replacement lined up.

We should be asking for 4-5 million. I think we'll probably settle for 3 million which is still pretty decent.

We should be asking for 4-5 million. I think we'll probably settle for 3 million which is still pretty decent.
By the sounds of it we might not settle for less than what we want, we were pretty bold on that statement in the summer with doig, whether anything was actually going on with that we will never know

Be hard to turn down the money being talked about , 3 years could set them up for life but would they fancy somewhere so vastly different ??

To be fair, being based there will make it a lot easier for him to get to his international games. Will cut out a whole leg of the journey. Like you say that kind of money is hard to turn down, I can see the appeal from Boyle’s perspective.

To be fair, being based there will make it a lot easier for him to get to his international games. Will cut out a whole leg of the journey. Like you say that kind of money is hard to turn down, I can see the appeal from Boyle’s perspective.
I kind of hope they bid what we want , if anyone deserves to make a shit load of money at 28 its Martin Boyle . Seems a very likeable guy who's always given his best for Hibs

I don't think we could , or should turn down 3 million. That's an awful lot of cash for us. He has been a great p!ayer, and character for us, but he has his limitations ( as do all players in our price range). Nobody else will come close to offering anything similar. The smellies will not see him as an upgrade. A squad player at best, they wouldn't even offer a million.
Throw into the equation we lose him now and then for internationals which means him travelling around the globe and back, then I think we could replace him for a million.
I'd rather he stayed though.

It looks like he is going to go eventually this month...will be a massive loss to the Hibs team.
Really hope we have got a suitable replacement lined up.
If indeed the Saudi bids happened they are saying the team in question are now looking at other targets. Any team that comes I'm after will need to significantly up the figure. £4-5 million is what anyone wanting should be prepared to pay. Martin Boyles don't grow on trees. I'm confident we'll still have him here.

Al-Faisaly harley setting the league on fire. Placed 14th of the 16 teams in the league. Play at ground worse than Dingwall. Don't look like a club than can throw millions at players. They have 4 non Saudi players in their ranks. But at least the sun is out there!

Reports saying that Boyle is being offered £1.5 million a year. If that sort of wonga is on offer it is only a matter of time until a fee is agreed. He has done brilliantly for himself and his young family and should be very very proud.

Al-Faisaly now threatening to quit their own league due to the standard of refereeing. It sounds like a Michael mouse league and club for that matter. Why on earth would you risk your career going to the Saudi Jambos.

Al-Faisaly now threatening to quit their own league due to the standard of refereeing. It sounds like a Michael mouse league and club for that matter. Why on earth would you risk your career going to the Saudi Jambos.

There’s apparently 30,000 reasons per week why! Not sure how it’s risking his career, surely the goal of any footballer is first and foremost to earn as much as they can in the 10-15 year window they get?

There’s apparently 30,000 reasons per week why! Not sure how it’s risking his career, surely the goal of any footballer is first and foremost to earn as much as they can in the 10-15 year window they get?
Martin has been a fine player for us. However his main asset is his magnificent pace and the older he gets he will slow down a little. Accept the £3m plus and improve the team.

I have held off. I would keep Martin until he says he would like to leave. I find the Hibs fans saying sell him, good luck, he has done his time etc a bit weird.

I have held off. I would keep Martin until he says he would like to leave. I find the Hibs fans saying sell him, good luck, he has done his time etc a bit weird.

Agreed.

If he wants to leave, then he leaves with nothing but best wishes, he's earned his move over the years and new contracts he's signed for us. (Unless it's Celtic)

But unless he tells us he wants to go, I'd be in no rush to accept any deal.

Yeah I agree with that.

I can understand the appeal from his point of view, but I haven’t seen anywhere that he’s pushing the move through.

He’s done plenty for the club and I don’t think anyone should begrudge him the move if it does happen, but I’d certainly not be chasing him out the door.

Agreed.

If he wants to leave, then he leaves with nothing but best wishes, he's earned his move over the years and new contracts he's signed for us. (Unless it's Celtic)

But unless he tells us he wants to go, I'd be in no rush to accept any deal.

Sakes I just wrote more or less that but took too long to post 😂

Martin has been a fine player for us. However his main asset is his magnificent pace and the older he gets he will slow down a little. Accept the £3m plus and improve the team.
Have i missed an offer of £3m plus 🤷‍♂️

Have i missed an offer of £3m plus 🤷‍♂️
It appears that is Hibs valuation of Martin .

It appears that is Hibs valuation of Martin .
This £3 million figure is a figure conjured up by the weegie press, not Hibs. The Evening News reckon the club value him higher.

This!

It would seem the rags are trying to stir up trouble as Boyle isn’t livid or wanting any talks with Ron, he accepts our valuation hasn’t been met and is happy with the current situation

It would seem the rags are trying to stir up trouble as Boyle isn’t livid or wanting any talks with Ron, he accepts our valuation hasn’t been met and is happy with the current situation
Is that your opinion or fact?

Is that your opinion or fact?

Just my opinion mate

Just my opinion mate
Fair enough mate. FWIW I think and hope you're right.

Think there’s too much “love” between the club and player for him to force a move. Board will know he wants a big pay day, Boyle will know we want top value without being unreasonable

This is gathering strength again; piece in the Sun, which I won't link.
Tonight may be the last chance to see Boyle in a Hibs shirt, if that ship hasn't already sailed.

This is gathering strength again; piece in the Sun, which I won't link.
Tonight may be the last chance to see Boyle in a Hibs shirt, if that ship hasn't already sailed.

I don't think he'll be cup-tied for the Arabian Cup if he plays tonight.......

I don't think he'll be cup-tied for the Arabian Cup if he plays tonight.....
May not risk injury, though. I hope he plays tonight. His reaction at the end may reveal something.

May not risk injury, though. I hope he plays tonight. His reaction at the end may reveal something.
I know mate, I was just being an erse!

Meh, he'll be some loss for us.

Sky reporting a third offer made.

Going with what was mentioned somewhere about Ron's comments, this one might be worth the discussion.

Over to Martin to decide if he wants the year or 2 in the middle East.

I didn't expect him to play tonight anyway, but that'll definitely help add fuel to the fire.

Fair enough if he goes. Hopefully we plan on bringing someone in to compensate. He's a big loss on the park, and even around the club, not many seem to have a personality just now.

This thread has been viewed 12800 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back