Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone Think That The Club Could Improve Their Communications With The Supporters?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6692 Post(s)

Anyone Think That The Club Could Improve Their Communications With The Supporters?

I'm not really aware of other clubs doing any more or any less than ours but surely that's not what we should be judged against.

The club appear to only have a Q&A session with our manager at the AGM and that's all very well for shareholders but what about others?

I remember the club doing Q&A sessions when Jim Duffy was appointed and leaving feeling lovely and warm about the James Duffy Hibernian future.

As he was just appointed they were really quite worthless (Then again how appt for James feckin Duffy). Had they left it a few weeks we could have asked "Why Paul Tosh?".

But back to today... I think it would be of genuine appeal and interest if the club were to open up a little and have Q&A sessions now and again with the manager. Not to grill him... Well maybe... but in order to get a feel for where we are as a club. Where he sees us going. etc etc.

They could even sell tickets for this event to go towards the Youth side or whatever.

Good idea? Tosh idea...

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not really aware of other clubs doing any more or any less than ours but surely that's not what we should be judged against.

The club appear to only have a Q&A session with our manager at the AGM and that's all very well for shareholders but what about others?

I remember the club doing Q&A sessions when Jim Duffy was appointed and leaving feeling lovely and warm about the James Duffy Hibernian future.

As he was just appointed they were really quite worthless (Then again how appt for James feckin Duffy). Had they left it a few weeks we could have asked "Why Paul Tosh?".

But back to today... I think it would be of genuine appeal and interest if the club were to open up a little and have Q&A sessions now and again with the manager. Not to grill him... Well maybe... but in order to get a feel for where we are as a club. Where he sees us going. etc etc.

They could even sell tickets for this event to go towards the Youth side or whatever.

Good idea? Tosh idea...
    Are you saying that you aren't happy with the anodyne interviews in the Evening News and on the official site every day

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6692 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wee 162 View Post
    Are you saying that you aren't happy with the anodyne interviews in the Evening News and on the official site every day
    That's exactly what i'm saying.

I thought it was interesting how (on probably the same day) last week Yogi had his wee pop at Messageboards, and in his interview with Brian Mclaughlin on the BBC, he went on to say that he has plan b's & c's etc all worked on before a game. He said something along the lines of "There's a reason for everything..." and went on to explain his substitution of introducing Galbraith in the first Scottish Cup tie v Ross County.

I found it interesting that he made these particular points. Were they in reply to comments on messageboards as IIRC there was indeed specific criticism of his substitutions in that particular game and a wider criticism of his lack of plan b's and c's etc etc?

But in particular i detected a willingness on Hughes part to communicate to us that he does know what he's doing. Is confident within himself in his own abilities and wanted to articulate them.

Although really the above isn't the issue with regards to just general Q&A part of me just thinks Hughes would enjoy sharing what he's thinking to the support in a more direct way?

Hungry Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post

Good idea? Tosh idea...
    Good idea and I would pay to go to one if I lived locally. Maybe I'll just wait until the roadshow hits Peterheid though.

GoGO Back To Forum