Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Mad Men series 3

  1. #1
    Sunshine on Leith
    Guest

    Mad Men series 3

    I remember there was a thread started I think by Smurf just before series 2 was about to start, I also remember me posting that I had read that it was not supposed to be as good as the first series. Anyway, that was a load of bollox as I thought it was a fantastic piece of TV.

    I can't wait for the next batch of Mad Men to reach our screens for which I think starts in the next 2-3 weeks.

    Anybody else a fan of this excellent TV drama?

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine on Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember there was a thread started I think by Smurf just before series 2 was about to start, I also remember me posting that I had read that it was not supposed to be as good as the first series. Anyway, that was a load of bollox as I thought it was a fantastic piece of TV.

    I can't wait for the next batch of Mad Men to reach our screens for which I think starts in the next 2-3 weeks.

    Anybody else a fan of this excellent TV drama?
    Never knew the next series was due to be on so soon - tremendous news!

    As you say it's fantastic telly.

    Is that me and you agreeing?

  3. #3
    Sunshine on Leith
    Guest

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never knew the next series was due to be on so soon - tremendous news!

    As you say it's fantastic telly.

    Is that me and you agreeing?
    No, it's you and me

    I'm only guessing it's back on 2-3 weeks as it said after one of the repeats lastweek that the 3rd series is due back on our screens soon.

  4. #4
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine on Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it's you and me


    Is Don Draper a guy to admire or loathe? I'm torn. I pretend to agree with the mrs that he's a bit of a c u next tuesday when really....

  5. #5
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never knew the next series was due to be on so soon - tremendous news!

    As you say it's fantastic telly.

    Is that me and you agreeing?

    I'm still working my way through series 1. Its pretty good but you have to pay attention.

  6. #6
    Sunshine on Leith
    Guest

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Is Don Draper a guy to admire or loathe? I'm torn. I pretend to agree with the mrs that he's a bit of a c u next tuesday when really....

    I can see why I think your mrs or woman in general would loath him, but as a throw back to the early 60's it was kind of acceptable for guys like Don Draper to act like a bit of a cu*t and get away with it.

    Me, I think he's cool as feck.

  7. #7
    Radge Donator


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Outstanding telly. The third series is brilliant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Is Don Draper a guy to admire or loathe? I'm torn. I pretend to agree with the mrs that he's a bit of a c u next tuesday when really....
    Both - he has a heart in there somewhere and some sort of moral code, but.....
    Last edited by Archie; 08-01-10 at 23:56. Reason: Auto Merged Post

  8. #8
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    1982

    Re: Mad Men series 3



    I hate to think I'm missing summit.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  9. #9
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I hate to think I'm missing summit.
    You really are. Mind you i've recommended it to others who say "Nowt happens...."

  10. #10
    Sunshine on Leith
    Guest

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Hey Smurf,

    The new series starts Weds 27th Jan on BBC4.

  11. #11
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine on Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey Smurf,

    The new series starts Weds 27th Jan on BBC4.
    Excellent.

  12. #12
    Bounced Out! Weststandwanabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mad Men series 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine on Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember there was a thread started I think by Smurf just before series 2 was about to start, I also remember me posting that I had read that it was not supposed to be as good as the first series. Anyway, that was a load of bollox as I thought it was a fantastic piece of TV.

    I can't wait for the next batch of Mad Men to reach our screens for which I think starts in the next 2-3 weeks.

    Anybody else a fan of this excellent TV drama?
    I am and cannot wait for the next series to start.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. A series of things !
    By MakaLegend in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-07-10, 17:44
  2. World Series
    By superbam in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-09, 05:31
  3. V the TV series
    By PILTONSTANY in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-05-09, 10:30
  4. Classic Series
    By BunnahabhainXXV in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-11-08, 22:52
  5. US TV Series
    By hixxy220 in forum The Pie Stand
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-07-07, 23:04

User Tag List

Members who have read this thread in the last 14 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •