Likes Likes:  0
This Post Boiled This Post Boiled:  0
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Dundee Utd

  1. #1
    Shameless Radge




    PILTONSTANY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh's Waterfront
    Posts
    13,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2726 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    693

    Dundee Utd

    Just scored in the 90th min against the Tims to make it 2-1 to them

    A draw would have suited but always good to see the old firm fail
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

  2. #2
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess TickTock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Dundee Utd

    $#@!e result for us. Always good to see the old firm lose like, but we could really have done without this after drawing against Midden yesterday. Mowbray to be gone by Christmas?

  3. #3
    Radge Donator
    hfc1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Per,per,perrist eh Munkey heids...who gives a feck if if united are level on points. The SPL is total fecking garbage. Dundee utd have more chance splitting the old firm than wee have, we are very, very standard at best.

  4. #4
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Dundee Utd

    if united beat the huns then they'll go joint top, and our next two games are falkirk and motherwell at home, if we can get 6 points from them and surely 2 out of rangers, celtic and united will drop points from their next two games, we could be right up there

  5. #5
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess TickTock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per,per,perrist eh Munkey heids...who gives a feck if if united are level on points. The SPL is total fecking garbage. Dundee utd have more chance splitting the old firm than wee have, we are very, very standard at best.
    The very fact that we're disappointed to go away from home and not win says a lot about how our season is going. I agree that we are lacking in a couple of positions, but if we're fortunate with injuries and suspensions, then there's no reason why we shouldn't be challenging at the top end of the table.

  6. #6
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Nex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    (oh to be back in the burg)
    Posts
    1,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Dundee Utd

    I was hoping for it to finish 1 - 1 aswell but as long as the Huns - United game in hand is a draw or Dundee win and we beat them...


    Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The SPL is total fecking garbage.
    If you say so, personally I think there have been a lot of amazing games this season.


  7. #7
    Bounced Out! EasterToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Falkirk & Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Happy to see the jungles getting toshed. We've got to look after our own results, not worry about Utd.

  8. #8
    Radge Donator
    hfc1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was hoping for it to finish 1 - 1 aswell but as long as the Huns - United game in hand is a draw or Dundee win and we beat them...




    If you say so, personally I think there have been a lot of amazing games this season.

    Name them ....and compared to what ? The SPL is a mickey mouse league mate, the fact that we play each other 4 times not including cup games says it all. Scottish football is a joke from top to bottom.

  9. #9
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Nex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    (oh to be back in the burg)
    Posts
    1,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Dundee Utd

    I agree that playing each other 4 times is rubbish and I would much preffer a larger league particularly considering some of the good teams who have been fighting it out in the first division these last couple of years, but in terms of the style of play I often find Scottish football far more interesting to watch than say the vast majority of English games.

    The Falkirk 3 - 3 Celtic game was probably one of the most amazing games I've seen of late.

    People always go "urgh Scottish football is pish the Old Firm always win"...yet don't seem to consider that in the EPL, a league near enough twice the size, in a country with 10 times the population, there have only been 4 teams who have won it since it was reformed in 1992, and in pretty much the last decade it's been 3 of 4 teams finishing as the top 3 EVERY year.


  10. #10
    Bounced Out!

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The SPL is a mickey mouse league mate, the fact that we play each other 4 times not including cup games says it all. Scottish football is a joke from top to bottom.

    Go support another team in a better league then, because it's always been the this way and it always will.

  11. #11
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by EasterToad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy to see the jungles getting toshed. We've got to look after our own results, not worry about Utd.
    Exactly. Not in the least concerned about this result. We just need to concentrate on our own game at this stage and see where it takes us. The league is as tight as a duck's erse at the moment and is very interesting for a change.

  12. #12
    Radge Private Member

    Green Sleeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the early days of a better nation
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    175

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by GalegoHibs
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy to see the jungles getting toshed. We've got to look after our own results, not worry about Utd.
    Exactly. Not in the least concerned about this result. We just need to concentrate on our own game at this stage and see where it takes us. The league is as tight as a duck's erse at the moment and is very interesting for a change.
    My thoughts too. Well done the Arabs. The SPL is shaping up quite nicely this season. Unless yer a Jambo.

  13. #13
    Radge Donator
    hfc1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go support another team in a better league then, because it's always been the this way and it always will.
    Am I complaining ? No I am not ! Like I say Scottish fitbaw is rotten to the core mate and its people like you that except it. Change is required now.

    I follow a few teams in the EPL I follow Hibs because they are my local team and like you and thousands of others I go every other week and give my hard earned to watch pretty sub-standard football compared to other leagues.

    However the Rankgers vs Hibs was very entertaining.

  14. #14
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I complaining ? No I am not ! Like I say Scottish fitbaw is rotten to the core mate and its people like you that except it. Change is required now.

    I follow a few teams in the EPL I follow Hibs because they are my local team and like you and thousands of others I go every other week and give my hard earned to watch pretty sub-standard football compared to other leagues.

    However the Rankgers vs Hibs was very entertaining.
    In all honesty though Murray what could be done to make it better ?
    The best players want to play in the best leagues and earn the best money , unfortunately the Scottish league will never be up with the best .
    Sometimes you just have to be happy with what you have and make the most of it i suppose

  15. #15
    Radge Donator
    hfc1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In all honesty though Murray what could be done to make it better ?
    The best players want to play in the best leagues and earn the best money , unfortunately the Scottish league will never be up with the best .
    Sometimes you just have to be happy with what you have and make the most of it i suppose
    For a start they should scrap playing in the winter it makes no sense at all. They take the goal posts down at the public park in the summer and put them up in the winter. How many games have been cancelled this weekend due to waterlogged pitches etc how many kids do I see week in week out feckin freezing there little arses off ...that's not enjoyable is it. We are all aware of the Scottish weather, this doesn't just effect grass roots it effects Scottish football as a whole as we have seen in outr recent international quest. I could go on and on about what I would like to see change in the Scottish game, its not rocket science is it.
    Its time for change.

  16. #16
    Bounced Out!

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a start they should scrap playing in the winter it makes no sense at all. They take the goal posts down at the public park in the summer and put them up in the winter. How many games have been cancelled this weekend due to waterlogged pitches etc how many kids do I see week in week out feckin freezing there little arses off ...that's not enjoyable is it. We are all aware of the Scottish weather, this doesn't just effect grass roots it effects Scottish football as a whole as we have seen in outr recent international quest. I could go on and on about what I would like to see change in the Scottish game, its not rocket science is it.
    Its time for change.
    Raith Rovers in pre-season was a right warm summers night wasn't it?

  17. #17
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a start they should scrap playing in the winter it makes no sense at all. They take the goal posts down at the public park in the summer and put them up in the winter. How many games have been cancelled this weekend due to waterlogged pitches etc how many kids do I see week in week out feckin freezing there little arses off ...that's not enjoyable is it. We are all aware of the Scottish weather, this doesn't just effect grass roots it effects Scottish football as a whole as we have seen in outr recent international quest. I could go on and on about what I would like to see change in the Scottish game, its not rocket science is it.
    Its time for change.
    Totally agree with that but we can't be the only country affected by the weather , watching Bochum v Hamburg atm and it looks cold . Good game though with a big crowd and not many players i've heard of

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raith Rovers in pre-season was a right warm summers night wasn't it?
    Not too cold as i remember but pretty damp
    Last edited by Forzahibs; 22-11-09 at 17:34. Reason: Auto Merged Post

  18. #18
    Radge Donator
    hfc1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Dundee Utd

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree with that but we can't be the only country affected by the weather , watching Bochum v Hamburg atm and it looks cold . Good game though with a big crowd and not many players i've heard of



    Not too cold as i remember but pretty damp
    True mate that's because German footie caters for the fans, low ticket prices,standing areas. Have you heard of the 50+1 rule ? They have the right blend of imports and homegrown talent and a International team that always does well in the majors, all in all makes German football very attractive for the fans.

    However Im watching the stoke game

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raith Rovers in pre-season was a right warm summers night wasn't it?
    Aye lets generalize it on one evening
    Last edited by hfc1875; 22-11-09 at 17:48. Reason: Auto Merged Post

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Dundee Utd
    By Gav1990 in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20-04-10, 09:26
  2. Dundee Uni
    By fraz1875 in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-08-09, 16:27
  3. Dundee Utd Away
    By peni hibs in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-03-09, 10:47
  4. Dundee Utd. Away
    By GforGallo in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-10-08, 12:40
  5. well - dundee
    By hibbybilly in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-08, 21:39

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •