Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 70

Thread: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

  1. #1
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    NI's biggest game for years, a win should at least guaratee a play off spot.

    cant wait.

    Slovakia

  2. #2
    Tigers ya Radge!
    Tkraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Hope you's get pumped!

  3. #3
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope you's get pumped!
    Slovakia fan?

  4. #4
    Bounced Out!

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slovakia fan?
    Scotland fan.

  5. #5
    Tigers ya Radge!
    Tkraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland fan.

    Correct.

    ALso basing it on the sad and petty behaviour of the NI fans when they came to Hampden. Used to like to see them win, but not any more.

  6. #6
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    ALso basing it on the sad and petty behaviour of the NI fans when they came to Hampden. Used to like to see them win, but not any more.

    pity they could do with your support, if they lose I'll know who to blame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    ALso basing it on the sad and petty behaviour of the NI fans when they came to Hampden. Used to like to see them win, but not any more.

    Thats a bit petty, i always want Scotland, Wales and NI to win unless we are playing them of course.
    Last edited by buckie; 08-09-09 at 22:45. Reason: Auto Merged Post

  7. #7
    Tigers ya Radge!
    Tkraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pity they could do with your support, if they lose I'll know who to blame.




    Thats a bit petty, i always want Scotland, Waled and NI to win unless we are playing them of course.
    Hardly.

    They came across and sang songs like Big Jock Knew, as well as many other choice Rangers anthems at us.

    Not a support I would want at a World Cup or root for in any circumstance.

  8. #8
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly.

    They came across and sang songs like Big Jock Knew, as well as many other choice Rangers anthems at us.

    Not a support I would want at a World Cup or root for in any circumstance.

    absolute nonsense, I know lots of lads who were there, they spent the whole day drinking with their Scottish supporter mates and having a laugh, there was no trouble at all.

    Scotland fans booed there own national anthem GSTQ, hardly very sporting either but hey thats football, bit of an atmosphere, bit of passion.

    Northern Ireland have the best fans in europe if not the world, I will be there tommorow and I will be treated well and welcomed by them even though I support a rival team/country.

  9. #9
    Tigers ya Radge!
    Tkraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    absolute nonsense, I know lots of lads who were there, they spent the whole day drinking with their Scottish supporter mates and having a laugh, there was no trouble at all.

    Scotland fans booed there own national anthem GSTQ, hardly very sporting either but hey thats football, bit of an atmosphere, bit of passion.

    Northern Ireland have the best fans in europe if not the world, I will be there tommorow and I will be treated well and welcomed by them even though I support a rival team/country.

    Aye well funnily enough, I was there so rather than relying on second hand opinion I'll stick to my guns on this one.

    Stay healthy!

  10. #10
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye well funnily enough, I was there so rather than relying on second hand opinion I'll stick to my guns on this one.

    Stay healthy!

    i will, and c'mon England!

    and good luck to NI and Scotland.

  11. #11
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mallow, Co. Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    absolute nonsense, I know lots of lads who were there, they spent the whole day drinking with their Scottish supporter mates and having a laugh, there was no trouble at all.

    Scotland fans booed there own national anthem GSTQ, hardly very sporting either but hey thats football, bit of an atmosphere, bit of passion.

    Northern Ireland have the best fans in europe if not the world, I will be there tommorow and I will be treated well and welcomed by them even though I support a rival team/country.

    Best fans in europe that threaten to kill somebody because he's the wrong religion to play for them........


    I don't think so.

  12. #12
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by boruc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best fans in europe that threaten to kill somebody because he's the wrong religion to play for them........


    I don't think so.

    It was renegade loyalist and part catholic drug dealing parliailitary group the LVF who threatened him.


    If I remember correctly all the Northern Ireland fans ralled around him and some even wore Celtic shirts on the kop in the next match.

    Anyway with a name like yours who could take any thing you say seriously CLOWN.

  13. #13
    Tigers ya Radge!
    Tkraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was renegade loyalist and part catholic drug dealing parliailitary group the LVF who threatened him.


    If I remember correctly all the Northern Ireland fans ralled around him and some even wore Celtic shirts on the kop in the next match.

    Anyway with a name like yours who could take any thing you say seriously CLOWN.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-1655567.html

  14. #14
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    He is talking about Neil Lennon ( a NI PLAYER) not Boruc.

    what is the relevance of some idiot writing something on a wall?

    A spokesman for the Sandy Row Rangers Supporters Club dismissed the graffiti as "probably the work of kids - the height of nonsense, to be disregarded."

    He added: "I see they at least spelt Boruc's name correctly, so I suppose that's progress!"

  15. #15
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    I quite like NI's football team and fans, every nation has knob jockeys but you cannae lump them all in with these buffoons.

    I'd like to wish NI good luck, but considering the implications for Scotland on this occasion I'll be routing for the Slovaks.

  16. #16
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I'd like to wish NI good luck, but considering the implications for Scotland on this occasion I'll be routing for the Slovaks.


    Its a bit early in the morning, could you explain that one for me?

  17. #17
    Tigers ya Radge!
    Tkraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is talking about Neil Lennon ( a NI PLAYER) not Boruc.

    what is the relevance of some idiot writing something on a wall?

    A spokesman for the Sandy Row Rangers Supporters Club dismissed the graffiti as "probably the work of kids - the height of nonsense, to be disregarded."

    He added: "I see they at least spelt Boruc's name correctly, so I suppose that's progress!"
    Aye I was just making the next link in the story given the posters name.



    I wouldn't try to level the same aspersions to an entire support based on one or two idiots like that.

    Having the Rangers song book sang at you from the vast majority of the away end is more than enough to put me off without any of the politics.

  18. #18
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye I was just making the next link in the story given the posters name.



    I wouldn't try to level the same aspersions to an entire support based on one or two idiots like that.

    Having the Rangers song book sang at you from the vast majority of the away end is more than enough to put me off without any of the politics.

    probably more to do with the fact the game was in Glasgow, lot of NI Rangers lads have mates there etc so they were bound to travel and Scotland booing GSTQ prob didnt help.

    NI have made big strides recently with young catholics who previously would have supported The Republic, not uncommon now to see plenty of NI tops in nationalist/catholic areas these days.

  19. #19
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a bit early in the morning, could you explain that one for me?
    The less points the other second placed teams pick up the better for Scotland, no?There's 8 playoff places available, we're currently 6th, NI are currently 8th.The longer it stays like that the better for us.A win for you this evening will change the placings.(I think)

  20. #20
    Radge Donator
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stirlingshire
    Posts
    4,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    absolute nonsense, I know lots of lads who were there, they spent the whole day drinking with their Scottish supporter mates and having a laugh, there was no trouble at all.

    Scotland fans booed there own national anthem GSTQ, hardly very sporting either but hey thats football, bit of an atmosphere, bit of passion.

    Northern Ireland have the best fans in europe if not the world, I will be there tommorow and I will be treated well and welcomed by them even though I support a rival team/country.
    I take it you have the Grammar wrong here? If you are still talking of Northern Ireland , you are correct in saying "there own anthem" when meaning GSTQ, however , if you are meaning GSTQ being the Scotland fans "own national anthem", well you can stuff that up your jacksy..

  21. #21
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by Stirlinghibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take it you have the Grammar wrong here? If you are still talking of Northern Ireland , you are correct in saying "there own anthem" when meaning GSTQ, however , if you are meaning GSTQ being the Scotland fans "own national anthem", well you can stuff that up your jacksy..
    GSTQ is the national anthem of England, Scotland, Wales and NI

    So Scotland fans did boo THEIR own national anthem regardless of what you think, thats a fact,not my opinion but a fact.

  22. #22
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GSTQ is the national anthem of England, Scotland, Wales and NI

    So Scotland fans did boo THEIR own national anthem regardless of what you think, thats a fact,not my opinion but a fact.
    Not my national anthem, sorry. I would boo it, given the chance and do so when we play Rangers.

    I had always felt that the NI support was made up about 80% Hunnish types, 20% good guys. Meeting Conor of NI Hibs changed my mind a wee bit on that. However, NI losing tonight can help Scotland, so its come on Slovakia for me.

    If, however, Scotland fail to qualify, I will have no problem backed Norn Irelun, Ingerlun or the Republic in South Africa.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  23. #23
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not my national anthem, sorry. I would boo it, given the chance and do so when we play Rangers.

    I had always felt that the NI support was made up about 80% Hunnish types, 20% good guys. Meeting Conor of NI Hibs changed my mind a wee bit on that. However, NI losing tonight can help Scotland, so its come on Slovakia for me.

    If, however, Scotland fail to qualify, I will have no problem backed Norn Irelun, Ingerlun or the Republic in South Africa.

    hmm, im thinking differently about Scotland now as i forgot the play off places were based on not points, but points minus results against the two bottom teams. It puts a whole different outlook on it.

    As for your 80/20 split, ten years ago maybe, Id say its 60/40 now and decreasing all the time.

  24. #24
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hmm, im thinking differently about Scotland now as i forgot the play off places were based on not points, but points minus results against the two bottom teams. It puts a whole different outlook on it.

    As for your 80/20 split, ten years ago maybe, Id say its 60/40 now and decreasing all the time.
    By good guys, I meant non bigots as opposed to 'nationalists' by the way. I doubt there are 20% 'nationalists' to this day?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  25. #25
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By good guys, I meant non bigots as opposed to 'nationalists' by the way. I doubt there are 20% 'nationalists' to this day?

    last time i was at windsor, the billy boys got an airing from about 20 Linfield and was roundly drowned out by boos from the rest of the kop.

    id say 20% of the NI crowd tonight could be desribed as catholic/nationalsts from NI.

    8 of us going, Im English, 5 are Protestants, 2 are Catholics.

  26. #26
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    last time i was at windsor, the billy boys got an airing from about 20 Linfield and was roundly drowned out by boos from the rest of the kop.

    id say 20% of the NI crowd tonight could be desribed as catholic/nationalsts from NI.

    8 of us going, Im English, 5 are Protestants, 2 are Catholics.
    I am pleased from a 'all Jock Tamson's bairns' perspective, but surprised too. Things really must be changing.

    As an aside (and I still hope they get beat!), any idea of the breakdown of the backgrounds of the NI team nowadays?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  27. #27
    Mental Radge
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hunger City
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    last time i was at windsor, the billy boys got an airing from about 20 Linfield and was roundly drowned out by boos from the rest of the kop.

    id say 20% of the NI crowd tonight could be desribed as catholic/nationalsts from NI.

    8 of us going, Im English, 5 are Protestants, 2 are Catholics.

    Well, enjoy the game Buckie, I have no problem seeing NI doing well as long as it's not to the detrment of Scotland.

  28. #28
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am pleased from a 'all Jock Tamson's bairns' perspective, but surprised too. Things really must be changing.

    As an aside (and I still hope they get beat!), any idea of the breakdown of the backgrounds of the NI team nowadays?

    NI team has always been mixed, look at the 82 world cup, captain was Martin O'neill and the big hero of he day was Gerry Armstrong from the Falls Road.

    Religon has never been an issue for a team, the reason Neil Lennon got it tight was that he called for a United Ireland and an all Ireland team whilst playing for NI.

  29. #29
    Juvenile Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Like others have said, I won't be supporting Northern Ireland because it goes against what's best for Scotland. If Scotland don't make it, I don't know whether I'd support Nothern Ireland or not. I don't usually support any team during a tournament.

  30. #30
    Formerly known as jimmyhibs

    jimmyhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Polo mint City
    Posts
    5,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    I nominate this as thread of the month.
    Made me anyhow.

  31. #31
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I nominate this as thread of the month.
    Made me anyhow.
    Made you what?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  32. #32
    Formerly known as jimmyhibs

    jimmyhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Polo mint City
    Posts
    5,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made you what?
    Anyhow.

  33. #33
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    436

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GSTQ is the national anthem of England, Scotland, Wales and NI
    So Scotland fans did boo THEIR own national anthem regardless of what you think, thats a fact,not my opinion but a fact.
    I would completely agree NI on the whole are excellent football supporters who balance having a good time with bringing passion and excitement to their support and seemed to have moved a long way in ridding their country/region of the more extreme 'Scotland's Shame' type of support.

    I watched them first hand in Finland a few years ago and they were a very jolly and amusing lot and everyone liked them for a few hours at least before they became rather a bore and a harmless nuisance/sideshow just like the Tartan Army always do.

    It's a pity though you spoil your support for your adopted country with such silly simplistic statements about your anthem as you can hardly expect a reasonable amount of Scottish people to have any interest in a song which is just totally irrellevant to us.

    In matches against NI and England, I have always given GSTQ exactly the same respect as that of any other anthem of any other nation but it's more interesting to observe the Scotsman who is a dyed in the wool Labour voting British Unionist giving the abuse of GSTQ big licks as you really can't make ignorance like that up.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

    Arrigo Sacchi

  34. #34
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    It's a pity though you spoil your support for your adopted country with such silly simplistic statements about your anthem as you can hardly expect a reasonable amount of Scottish people to have any interest in a song which is just totally irrellevant to us.
    m

    its called retalation mate, retaliation with banter.

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    436

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its called retalation mate, retaliation with banter.
    Phewwww,cheers for pointing that out as I had obviously missed all three adjectives.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

    Arrigo Sacchi

  36. #36
    Tr Eoghain go Bragh Radge
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tyrone
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NI have made big strides recently with young catholics who previously would have supported The Republic, not uncommon now to see plenty of NI tops in nationalist/catholic areas these days.
    To call it not uncommon is wide of the mark from my experience. The vast majority of nationalist/catholic areas now display a general apathy towards the NI team. In areas were before it would have been anyone but NI. Most bars there tonight will being showing the Italy Bulgaria match or maybe Scotland before Northern Ireland.

  37. #37
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hugginstown
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    hate them dont like northern ireland

  38. #38
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Nex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    (oh to be back in the burg)
    Posts
    1,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    I kinda don't know who to like when it comes to ireland in football.
    I've got a lot of extended family from northern ireland, all catholic/non-religious. It's easier with rugby with the single team, I think I've always more supported the Republic when I've heard they are playing and been a bit uncaring about NI.

    Of course all that only kicks in if Scotland isn't an issue as I'll always side with them and whatever is best for them.


  39. #39
    Graphics Radge Owen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    169

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Hibs.

  40. #40
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by irishhibee88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To call it not uncommon is wide of the mark from my experience. The vast majority of nationalist/catholic areas now display a general apathy towards the NI team. In areas were before it would have been anyone but NI. Most bars there tonight will being showing the Italy Bulgaria match or maybe Scotland before Northern Ireland.

    you obviously like in a very bigoted place, you poor child.

    Quote Originally Posted by trafford View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hate them dont like northern ireland

    racist/bigot,
    Last edited by buckie; 09-09-09 at 23:46. Reason: Auto Merged Post

  41. #41
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2084 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote




    racist/bigot,
    Sad.

  42. #42
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad.
    indeed, agreed.

  43. #43
    Tr Eoghain go Bragh Radge
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tyrone
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you obviously like in a very bigoted place, you poor child.
    To be honest you are just deluding yourself if you think most Nationalists/Catholics support NI. . I have lived in parts of Tyrone and Belfast people do not support Northern Ireland there. Care to explain how that makes them bigoted?

  44. #44
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by irishhibee88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be honest you are just deluding yourself if you think most Nationalists/Catholics support NI. . I have lived in parts of Tyrone and Belfast people do not support Northern Ireland there. Care to explain how that makes them bigoted?
    I dont think most catholics support NI, where did I say that?

    I said a growing number or them do, I live beside a Catholic school (St Pat's Knock) and the amount of kids i see coming out of it with NI tops. bags, jackets etc. Also my local has a NI supporters club (and a Celtic supporters club) Im a member of both as are quite a few of my catholic mates. I went to the match yesterday there was 10 of us (I said 8 previously) 4 were catholic, 5 were protestant and the other was me.

    Anyone who supports a foreign team instead of their home country is a bigot, as they obvously dislike their own nationality and people.

  45. #45
    Radge Private Member
    el_fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think most catholics support NI, where did I say that?

    I said a growing number or them do, I live beside a Catholic school (St Pat's Knock) and the amount of kids i see coming out of it with NI tops. bags, jackets etc. Also my local has a NI supporters club (and a Celtic supporters club) Im a member of both as are quite a few of my catholic mates. I went to the match yesterday there was 10 of us (I said 8 previously) 4 were catholic, 5 were protestant and the other was me.

    Anyone who supports a foreign team instead of the home country is a bigot, as they obvously dislike their own nationality and people.
    You're priceless.




    And full of $#@!.


    And, with you being English, therefore a bigot by your own reasoning.

  46. #46
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think most catholics support NI, where did I say that?

    I said a growing number or them do, I live beside a Catholic school (St Pat's Knock) and the amount of kids i see coming out of it with NI tops. bags, jackets etc. Also my local has a NI supporters club (and a Celtic supporters club) Im a member of both as are quite a few of my catholic mates. I went to the match yesterday there was 10 of us (I said 8 previously) 4 were catholic, 5 were protestant and the other was me.

    Anyone who supports a foreign team instead of their home country is a bigot, as they obvously dislike their own nationality and people.
    Only in NI would people know the religious leanings of the group they go to the footy with.

    As for the last paragraph, it's maybe a wee bit ott, but the general gist of it is something I probably agree with.

  47. #47
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by el_fletch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're priceless.

    cheers mate, much appreciated.




    Quote Originally Posted by el_fletch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And, with you being English, therefore a bigot by your own reasoning.

    no im not a bigot, im English and proud of it. I support England, have been to over 50 away matches over the years. Only go to NI now cos of where I am and mates and that. As I said in the other threads I would support any home nation aslong as they are not playing England.

    cant see how im full of $#@!, have seen it said on here many times that Scottish folk who wear England tops and support England are bigots so the same rule applies to NI folk who wear Republic tops and that. They only wear them to be controversial or because they hate their own identity and want to pretend to be from another country.

  48. #48
    Radge Private Member
    el_fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by buckie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Religon has never been an issue for a team, the reason Neil Lennon got it tight was that he called for a United Ireland and an all Ireland team whilst playing for NI.
    Religion hasn't ever been an issue for the team, true. Its certainly been an issue for alot of the fans. I'm not going to say all the fans because most of them are great fans. I've tried my best to support NI but find it impossible (yes i have been to a game before) with all the UJ's, Rangers jerseys and in particular a certain ditty before kick-off.

    As for Lennon? I've met him a few times and let him known of my personal dislike to his footballing attitudes. So the guy was a nationalist playing for Northern Ireland? Shoot Him! I bet members of the current 'Northern Ireland' team would love an all Ireland side but wouldn't dare mention it, just incase they too get death threats.

    George Best also called for a UI team. He even applied for the ROI managers position. Didn't stop NI fans milking his name for everything its worth.

    Lets face it NI are the unionists team, ROI are the nationalists team.

  49. #49
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Belfast
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    Quote Originally Posted by el_fletch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Religion hasn't ever been an issue for the team, true. Its certainly been an issue for alot of the fans. I'm not going to say all the fans because most of them are great fans. I've tried my best to support NI but find it impossible (yes i have been to a game before) with all the UJ's, Rangers jerseys and in particular a certain ditty before kick-off.


    Lets face it NI are the unionists team, ROI are the nationalists team.


    dont see many union jacks or rangers jerseys here?








  50. #50
    Radge Private Member
    el_fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Northern Ireland v Slovakia

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Divl_I-pyg"]Northern Ireland Fans Singing The Sash[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz3LzZWFzUI"]Ulster Till We Die[/ame]. What abou Donegal, Monaghan & Cavan? Plenty Of UJs though

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVbQhpCXN1w"]Stand Up For The Ulstermen[/ame]

    All looks like good fun if thats what floats your boat. Not very welcoming for the other half. I've seen the best and worst of the north, and it may be fairly easy for you to come on to an east of scotland forum giving it all the "Sunny Norn Iron" pish but the truth is very, very few catholics support them. A lot (me included) wish them well and watch the games on the telly but an overwhelming majority have the RoI teams best interests at heart. The rest couldnt give a monkeys as long as thieir GAA team are preforming. Of which, mine aren't.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Scotland v Northern Ireland
    By PILTONSTANY in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-08-08, 16:53
  2. FAO Northern Ireland watchers
    By NI Hibby in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-06, 17:57
  3. Northern Ireland Flag
    By Scoobie in forum Irish Hibs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-12-05, 14:40
  4. Northern Ireland v England
    By Scoobie in forum Irish Hibs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-09-05, 10:08
  5. Hibbys outside Northern Ireland, welcome
    By NI Hibby in forum Irish Hibs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-10-02, 20:20

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •