Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Big Brother

After, what, nine years? I watched my first fully episode of Big Brother. I'm not a fan, can't see the appeal but I had a vested interest this time; my wee nephew was on. Dennis.

I know this is probably a bit biased but did anyone thing he was singled out in his ejection?

Thoughts?
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! Hibs_Lass's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Brainwrong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After, what, nine years? I watched my first fully episode of Big Brother. I'm not a fan, can't see the appeal but I had a vested interest this time; my wee nephew was on. Dennis.

I know this is probably a bit biased but did anyone thing he was singled out in his ejection?

Thoughts?
    I thought they clearly edited it to make him look awful. One minute they were all "having a heated discussion" which Dennis didnt take much part in and then the next thing shown is Dennis spitting on Mo. In the diary room they both admitted more had taken place than what was shown and I feel not showing the full extent of things was the only bit that was unfair. As for spitting on someone I found this disgusting and they had no option but to remove him and I applaud this action.

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs_Lass View Post
    I thought they clearly edited it to make him look awful. One minute they were all "having a heated discussion" which Dennis didnt take much part in and then the next thing shown is Dennis spitting on Mo. In the diary room they both admitted more had taken place than what was shown and I feel not showing the full extent of things was the only bit that was unfair. As for spitting on someone I found this disgusting and they had no option but to remove him and I applaud this action.
    I also think spitting is minging but can it be classed as assault?

Was Mo kept on because noone can deal with anyone who's not white without fear of being deemed racist?
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! Hibs_Lass's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    vCash

Was Mo kept on because noone can deal with anyone who's not white without fear of being deemed racist?
    I am not sure about the assault thing. However I did read somewhere that it is. I would rather be smacked in the face than be spat on. (not that there is a choice thankfully!) The Mohammed part of this, well I thought something similar, the programme makers let you see what THEY want you to. After the Celebrity BB I was just surprised they make another series. It surely cannot continue now. I hope Dennis can go back to teaching dancing and not let this ruin him. This however it the price folk pay when they enter BB.

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs_Lass View Post
    I am not sure about the assault thing. However I did read somewhere that it is. I would rather be smacked in the face than be spat on. (not that there is a choice thankfully!) The Mohammed part of this, well I thought something similar, the programme makers let you see what THEY want you to. After the Celebrity BB I was just surprised they make another series. It surely cannot continue now. I hope Dennis can go back to teaching dancing and not let this ruin him. This however it the price folk pay when they enter BB.
    I suppose what I';m saying is that I personally can't classify spitting as assault. Whatever it says in law. I'd rather be spat on that have a broken nose. I just thought he was being made an example of.
    Ach he'll be fine, he's been through much worse. Not something I reckon anyone should do in the first place, BB & professional disco dancing...
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash

Thoughts?
    My commiserations.
    I have a nephew who is a total plank too so I know how you must feel.

I didn't see the gobbing, but I think ejecting him for spitting in someone's face is not at all appropriate.
    Someone spat in my face once and I just laid him out missing a couple of teeth. A far better remedy in my view. I think I'd still take a dim view of someone spitting in my face to be honest. Even at my age.

It's car crash TV though isn't it? I don't know why, but I sometimes get curiously drawn to observing a bunch of thoroughly obnoxious people posturing and preening. I'm puzzled as to how they feel they will
    attract the 'popular vote' whilst bullying others and generally being pretty horrible characters.
    Must be the classic example of "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" or whatever it is.

So to answer your question -"Yes he was singled out for spitting. But not half enough"

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shrink View Post
    My commiserations.
    I have a nephew who is a total plank too so I know how you must feel.

I didn't see the gobbing, but I think ejecting him for spitting in someone's face is not at all appropriate.
    Someone spat in my face once and I just laid him out missing a couple of teeth. A far better remedy in my view. I think I'd still take a dim view of someone spitting in my face to be honest. Even at my age.

It's car crash TV though isn't it? I don't know why, but I sometimes get curiously drawn to observing a bunch of thoroughly obnoxious people posturing and preening. I'm puzzled as to how they feel they will
    attract the 'popular vote' whilst bullying others and generally being pretty horrible characters.
    Must be the classic example of "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" or whatever it is.

So to answer your question -"Yes he was singled out for spitting. But not half enough"
    If Mo had been a bit harder your solution may have came to fruition.

Like HibeeLass says, I don't think we saw it all. Mo was feckin' shaking on the telly, Shirley noone can be that pansyesque in recation having been spat on?
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Spitting is classed as assault Im pretty sure. And fwiw, I would rather someone had a dash at me than spat at me, it is fecking minging. Either way they would end up with a sore face!

Toon Army Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bampotto View Post
    Spitting is classed as assault Im pretty sure.
    I'm sure it can be classed as assault even if you dont make physical contact, the other person just needs to be in fear of being assaulted.

I could be wrong though.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I'm sure it can be classed as assault even if you dont make physical contact, the other person just needs to be in fear of being assaulted.

I could be wrong though.

Are you not thinking of affray Stevie?

A person is guilty of Affray if a person uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and the person's conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash

Dennis deserved to be chucked out, at the end of the day he spat on someone and as i have been spat on a few times up Easter Road after Hibs games i can tell you its not very nice.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess Hampden_Hibby's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

Yes.

No. The person to be ejected before Dennis was Alex, also for offensive behaviour and she isn't white.

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hampden_Hibby View Post
    Yes.

No. The person to be ejected before Dennis was Alex, also for offensive behaviour and she isn't white.
    Dinnae watch it so I'm just judging from one episode. I think it was all a bit overblown though. I thought Mo was a major part of the thing that happened, I'm pretty sure he started on a lassie. I was pished though and just disapointed that wee Dennis got thrown off for something so tediously dull.

It'll teach me for watching Big Brother.
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    Dennis deserved to be chucked out, at the end of the day he spat on someone and as i have been spat on a few times up Easter Road after Hibs games i can tell you its not very nice.
    THat surprises me coming from you. NOt that I expect you to do $#@! like that, I just thought you'd have thicker skin than that.
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash

THat surprises me coming from you. NOt that I expect you to do $#@! like that, I just thought you'd have thicker skin than that.
    I think that Mo had a large part to play in it though he suddenly walked in the room and got involved in something that really had nothing to do with him, Dennis seemed to be keeping a bit quiet when all of a sudden Mo lost the plot and Dennis seen it as though Mo was squaring up to the lassie and started acting like a child flinging his arms about and spat in Mo's face which just shouldn't happen if your going to sort something out like a man you should do it calmly if not then fist to fist.

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

I think that Mo had a large part to play in it though he suddenly walked in the room and got involved in something that really had nothing to do with him, Dennis seemed to be keeping a bit quiet when all of a sudden Mo lost the plot and Dennis seen it as though Mo was squaring up to the lassie and started acting like a child flinging his arms about and spat in Mo's face which just shouldn't happen if your going to sort something out like a man you should do it calmly if not then fist to fist.
    Cheers. I think it was all a load of soap opera style $#@!e. And whoever was wrong the whole thing shouldnae be happening in the first place.

To be honest my empathy gland went into overdrive for wee Dennis. I know the $#@!e he's had to deal with in his life and I just felt for him (not in that way)... When they had him in the interview room and he was just totally resigned to his fate. $#@!.
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Bounced Out!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

well obviously you will know him best and know that he isn't a violent person but spitting in someone's face is about as low as you can get as a sign of disrespect

nothing can justify his actions players get sent off in football for that sort of thing so it was the same for him he had to go

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Scott1875 View Post
    well obviously you will know him best and know that he isn't a violent person but spitting in someone's face is about as low as you can get as a sign of disrespect

nothing can justify his actions players get sent off in football for that sort of thing so it was the same for him he had to go
    I'm not saying he is or isn't violent I just thought the whole thing was overblown (shock) and he was singled out.

It's cool, I can deal with it. I was just dissapointed he spat on him and not lamped him.
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess Hampden_Hibby's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

All Mohammed said was "it's only a painting" - hardly meritous of a lamping.

If you want someone to blame - blame Jennifer, she's the bint who wouldn't stop sobbing for hours and now accepts, now that she's out the house, that she took it far too far and wound everyone up.

Mental Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

who has spat on you up ER? my guess is the huns. it's about time the ccs started hanging about the top of ER if girls who are out to watch their team are being spat on.

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hampden_Hibby View Post
    All Mohammed said was "it's only a painting" - hardly meritous of a lamping.

If you want someone to blame - blame Jennifer, she's the bint who wouldn't stop sobbing for hours and now accepts, now that she's out the house, that she took it far too far and wound everyone up.
    Like I said before I was under the impression he started on the lassie. Mind you, she was nippy as feck.

Hampden, don't take all this too seriously. He is my nephew but I'm not really outraged.
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

How can we not consider spitting in someones face as an assault. Clearly there is a context to someone spitting and we can make judgements about why or what caused the event and chose how to react but it is an offence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

He shouldn't have got involved in the first place, he could've kept quiet as Stuart was having a go at Mohammed, Dennis didn't have to join in and do something he regrets.

GoGO Back To Forum