Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: egb. Your opinions of him.

  1. #1
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    30

    egb. Your opinions of him.

    Probably like Marmite, it's love or hate I'd imagine..

    But he's a bounce legend and it's about time we had a thread all about him.

    I disagree with him about religion although I can't put my (more logical) thoughts across as eloquently as he can. ColR probably can though.

    I disagree with him about politics although I can't put my (more logical) thoughts across as eloquently as he can. Wee162 probably can though.

    I disagree with him regarding clothes because the man's simply a poseur (french spelling delibrate).

    But, make no mistake, the man's a smart cookie. An opinion on everything and always a well voiced, well thought out opinion. The bounce isn't quite the same when he disapears for spells. Many, including myself (paragrapghps 3 and 4 for instance), delibrately bate the guy, but it's simply because he's there to be shot at.

    Oft I find him verbose and even occasionally a tad stuck in his ways and using his vocabulary just to win an argument. But, by and by, I think he's a very reasonable chap, and he really makes me challenge my own views. Even when he's obviously wrong and I'm right. hey ho.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess FTJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    291 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    point four for me please bob.

    i wish i had a way to know when he's on the wind-up though
    Guardian-knitting muesli-reading No Logo "baa-baa green sheep" student PC thought police

  3. #3
    Radge Private Member
    O'Driscoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    He's an opinionated old goat!
    Newtown where everybody goes around sniffing televisina or taking footbalina

  4. #4
    a radge for all seasons
    SoulBamRab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boomtown
    Posts
    4,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Refreshing opinions that you wouldn't expect to find on a football forum, even although at times i just don't have the time to read all of the threads contents that he's involved in if i'm having a quick peek at work.
    Controverial and sometimes over intelligent views have me opening the virtual dictionary.com more than often, to actually work out what he's talking about, and i'm sure i'll not be the only one doing that.

  5. #5
    The Radge Doon the Road BunnahabhainXXV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,766
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Like everyone on here, he is a part of life's rich tapestry.

  6. #6
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    Bampotto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario (for now...)
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    To be honest, I find that a lot of his posts are about things that don't interest/affect me so I'll often have a glance then move on.
    However, there is no doubting that he is a clever puppy and it's good to see such diversity posted on here. The fact that his posts provoke such debate reflects well on this forum IMO. It just happens that very little of it is from me.

  7. #7
    The artist formerly known as Dixie Bartok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    back home
    Posts
    15,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    TBH I don't like the idea of telling the whole readership of the Bounce what I think of somebody. Egb kens fine what I think anyway.

  8. #8
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TBH I don't like the idea of telling the whole readership of the Bounce what I think of somebody. Egb kens fine what I think anyway.

    Quite so.




    I've never met the bloke, but have formed an impression that he is well over 6 feet tall, quite a bit younger than me, and was once a bit of a brawler.



    I think he's a great guy.

  9. #9
    Pedantic Fact Hunting Radge Grandad


    SG7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the Chief puts the Sunshine
    Posts
    4,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably like Marmite, it's love or hate I'd imagine..

    But he's a bounce legend and it's about time we had a thread all about him.

    I disagree with him about religion although I can't put my (more logical) thoughts across as eloquently as he can. ColR probably can though.

    I disagree with him about politics although I can't put my (more logical) thoughts across as eloquently as he can. Wee162 probably can though.

    I disagree with him regarding clothes because the man's simply a poseur (french spelling delibrate).

    But, make no mistake, the man's a smart cookie. An opinion on everything and always a well voiced, well thought out opinion. The bounce isn't quite the same when he disapears for spells. Many, including myself (paragrapghps 3 and 4 for instance), delibrately bate the guy, but it's simply because he's there to be shot at.

    Oft I find him verbose and even occasionally a tad stuck in his ways and using his vocabulary just to win an argument. But, by and by, I think he's a very reasonable chap, and he really makes me challenge my own views. Even when he's obviously wrong and I'm right. hey ho.

    Thoughts?

    I thought that you deliberately "bated" the guy... in fact I think I've heard many people on here say that you're a master of the art....

    at least I think that's what they were saying!

    :Bouinq:
    " This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist ". - Ian Archer


  10. #10
    Bad Moon Radge-ing
    ECKtheHIBEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Who?


































    Hibernian FC - Legends

    Hearts FC - Bellends

  11. #11
    HAPPY HIBBY DADDY RADGEY
    madkink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KELTY
    Posts
    8,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by BionicRab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Refreshing opinions that you wouldn't expect to find on a football forum, even although at times i just don't have the time to read all of the threads contents that he's involved in if i'm having a quick peek at work.
    Controverial and sometimes over intelligent views have me opening the virtual dictionary.com more than often, to actually work out what he's talking about, and i'm sure i'll not be the only one doing that.
    your not the only one:mk34:

    Most off the stuff he posts are thought prevoking

    HOWEVER

    Most off the stuff i don't want to put my opinion forward on because i get the impression i would be no where near articulate enough to put a well formed argument against him

    Would love to have a few pints with him one day think it could be quite an interesting session
    When you go into court, your fate is in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty - NORM CROSBY
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

  12. #12
    Radge Donator
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stirlingshire
    Posts
    4,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by madkink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    your not the only one:mk34:

    Most off the stuff he posts are thought prevoking

    HOWEVER

    Most off the stuff i don't want to put my opinion forward on because i get the impression i would be no where near articulate enough to put a well formed argument against him

    Would love to have a few pints with him one day think it could be quite an interesting session
    Me too, the more I drank the more I could understand him!

    I really like the bloke. Him, Colr, Smurf and Wee162 are the backbone of the cowshed (Along with Camthebam of course!!) , without them and a few others the Hibeesbounce would quickly descend into a 100 variations of "How pish is Kerr?".

  13. #13
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    1982

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    I like the ****

    Cant beat his fekking xpert11 team though
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  14. #14
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stirlinghibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me too, the more I drank the more I could understand him!

    I really like the bloke. Him, Colr, Smurf and Wee162 are the backbone of the cowshed (Along with Camthebam of course!!) , without them and a few others the Hibeesbounce would quickly descend into a 100 variations of "How pish is Kerr?".
    Where's he gone??????

  15. #15
    Twitching radge


    Bill Oddies Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northern Britain (thanks to Unionist bastards)
    Posts
    7,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    I think he's a ****.




















  16. #16
    Everybody is a Radge snoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    I like and enjoy the reactionary $#@!ness of his posts and him - don't always agree with him although sometimes I do and don't realise it till it's all too late.

  17. #17
    HAPPY HIBBY DADDY RADGEY
    madkink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KELTY
    Posts
    8,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stirlinghibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me too, the more I drank the more I could understand him!

    I really like the bloke. Him, Colr, Smurf and Wee162 are the backbone of the cowshed (Along with Camthebam of course!!) , without them and a few others the Hibeesbounce would quickly descend into a 100 variations of "How pish is Kerr?".
    likewise i think

    The bounce wouldn't be the bounce if it wasn't so diverse, Thats why i enjoy it so much
    When you go into court, your fate is in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty - NORM CROSBY
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

  18. #18
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's got good taste in trainees/jackets.

    can't ask for more.
    I hope you meant 'trainers' or there may be a more sinister side to him.....

  19. #19
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.


  20. #20
    Radge Donator


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Bit rough to have a thread to comment on another Bouncer - what next, a poll? On the other hand...

  21. #21
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: egb. Your opinions of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Suspected this was coming due to his responses to other threads.

    And his "time for a break" Kit-Kat avatar confirms my fears.

    Ah well, let's just take advantage and slag the c#nt

    Richard Dawkins knows all!

    Coldplay and Radiohead rule the world!

    The pope's a c#nt

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on Makalambay
    By LaticsHibee in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-07-09, 21:25
  2. Outrageous opinions
    By Haruki in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 13-08-08, 22:29
  3. Your opinions of Boozy...
    By fraz1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-04-07, 20:24

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •