Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 266

Thread: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

  1. #201
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loki, have you seen Glentoran play a team from a Nationalist area? That is often the best way to gauge intolerance?
    Yup. As previously stated, Glentoran-Dungannon.

  2. #202
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Burbank Lilywhite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think for one minute that the Republican leadership wasn't doing the same thing. They both used it, and only for their own benefit.

    The Republican leadership would have shat themselves had Unionist leadership welcomed them into goverment with no pre-conditions as an equal partner. Just as the Unionist leadership would have had the Republican's shown up to Stormont Castle with every weapon they had and dumped them on the lawn and said here you go, we renounce violence. Neither one of them would have known what to do next.

    It's why the Good Friday Agreement has sputtered along. The citizens demanded action, demanded a goverment that would provide a better future based on equality and inclusion. And neither side has known what to do when they actually had to come up with a viable workable plan based on that. All they have known how to do is push their paranoia and fear on their own supporters and then once they have them hooked, tell them they are the only ones looking out for them.

    And the sooner that people outside of Northern Ireland understand that the Troubles weren't some romantic struggle for freedom, or equality but a naked power play by everyone involved at the highest levels and leave the people who live in Northern Ireland to get on with building bridges between all its citizens the sooner they will have the country and goverment they deserve. The provos and loyalists of the late 70's, 80's and early 90's were nothing more than a Irish or British Che Guevara. Looked good on a t-shirt, but the reality was very different.
    I believe in an Ireland of equals, while there is British involvement this cannot happen IMO. Northern Ireland only came into being because the UK wouldn't break with it's imperial tradition, part with the money from the H&W shipyards and because of Belfast's military strategic value. Not because they cared about the people with Scottish ancestry who lived there.

  3. #203
    Radge Donator



    KABULHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correctamundo. The government aided loyalist terrorists for years though.

    No they didn't, don't get the MI branches mixed up with official or unofficial Government policy, and just for the record the ROI weren't exactly squeaky clean. I recommend Martin Dillons "The Dirty War", collusion was happening on both sides of the intelligence services.

    And Ulster IS British, so we couldn't exactly "invade" our own country now could we

  4. #204
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by KABULHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they didn't, don't get the MI branches mixed up with official or unofficial Government policy, and just for the record the ROI weren't exactly squeaky clean. I recommend Martin Dillons "The Dirty War", collusion was happening on both sides of the intelligence services.

    And Ulster IS British, so we couldn't exactly "invade" our own country now could we
    Really?

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3GftSK93U[/youtube]

  5. #205
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe in an Ireland of equals, while there is British involvement this cannot happen IMO. Northern Ireland only came into being because the UK wouldn't break with it's imperial tradition, part with the money from the H&W shipyards and because of Belfast's military strategic value. Not because they cared about the people with Scottish ancestry who lived there.


    So you've been to the Sinn Fein bookshop by the sound of it. Any more random Shinner soundbites for us?

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  6. #206
    Honourably Discharged

    HailHail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by KABULHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they didn't, don't get the MI branches mixed up with official or unofficial Government policy, and just for the record the ROI weren't exactly squeaky clean. I recommend Martin Dillons "The Dirty War", collusion was happening on both sides of the intelligence services.

    And Ulster IS British, so we couldn't exactly "invade" our own country now could we
    not all 9 counties bud

  7. #207
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Are you in favour of the border?
    Until a way is found to keep all sides happy without plunging us back into war, yes. That aside, my mind is open to whatever solution is eventually and inevitably found. Best of all, if way forward can be found which means I don't have to listen to timewarp whining from bunker loyalists and republicans then all the better.

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  8. #208
    Scottish no british, ya radge


    Desperate Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    166

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It might be yours but it is not ours. You can take it and your union flag and stick it where the sun does not shine.
    what he said

  9. #209
    Radge Donator



    KABULHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not all 9 counties bud
    In the words of Father Jack FECK OFF.

    No one likes a smart arrse

  10. #210
    Honourably Discharged

    HailHail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Canny believe we've ended up on this again

    It does you no good to head across the water with a head full of 'provo' or loyalist $#@!e.

    who's for a flag debate next?

  11. #211
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe in an Ireland of equals, while there is British involvement this cannot happen IMO. Northern Ireland only came into being because the UK wouldn't break with it's imperial tradition, part with the money from the H&W shipyards and because of Belfast's military strategic value. Not because they cared about the people with Scottish ancestry who lived there.
    BTW, you'll be in favour of Orange marches and the Ulster-Scots movement then?

    Because until you find a way to work with all sides and bring them along, you'll have neither peace nor an 'Ireland of equals'.

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  12. #212
    Honourably Discharged

    HailHail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by KABULHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the words of Father Jack FECK OFF.

    No one likes a smart arrse
    sorry man couldn't resist. Oh right Ted.

  13. #213
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canny believe we've ended up on this again

    It does you no good to head across the water with a head full of 'provo' or loyalist $#@!e.

    who's for a flag debate next?
    I know

    If it wasn't the weekend I couldn't be arsed with it.

    Besides, I've a box of Harp and a Rebus DVD waiting for me so if we could find a solution to NI's constitutional issue within the next hour or so I'd appreciate it.

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  14. #214
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Ireland Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, you'll be in favour of Orange marches and the Ulster-Scots movement then?

    Because until you find a way to work with all sides and bring them along, you'll have neither peace nor an 'Ireland of equals'.
    Of course, as long as they don't use their parades as a way of inciting hatred or intimidating people.

  15. #215
    Honourably Discharged

    HailHail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Ireland Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know

    If it wasn't the weekend I couldn't be arsed with it.

    Besides, I've a box of Harp and a Rebus DVD waiting for me so if we could find a solution to NI's constitutional issue within the next hour or so I'd appreciate it.
    Why have partition or a republic? go back to the true Ireland of high kings or even the great earls


    In the meantime, I'd like to see Scotland return to its true roots, not 1706 like the SNP want, but the re-instatement of the 'pictish' kingdom, a seperate lothian, lord of the isles etc


  16. #216
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, as long as they don't use their parades as a way of inciting hatred or intimidating people.
    That's a pretty big caveat but if republicans are prepared to work through the issue with the OL then in the long run it might be doable.

    FWIW, if the Shinners hadn't made such a $#@!ing drama about parades I reckon the OL would have died on its arse long ago across here. A bit more negotiation in private and a bit less shouting and roaring in public, on both sides, could have moved the issue on no end.

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  17. #217
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why have partition or a republic? go back to the true Ireland of high kings or even the great earls


    In the meantime, I'd like to see Scotland return to its true roots, not 1706 like the SNP want, but the re-instatement of the 'pictish' kingdom, a seperate lothian, lord of the isles etc

    Cool. I'd like a big chair and an evil-looking cat.

    My first decision would be to redirect all scientific research in NI towards finding a way to make 'tit Monday' a weekly event.

    Now there's a dream of Ireland worth aiming for.

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  18. #218
    Honourably Discharged

    HailHail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Ireland Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. I'd like a big chair and an evil-looking cat.

    My first decision would be to redirect all scientific research in NI towards finding a way to make 'tit Monday' a weekly event.

    Now there's a dream of Ireland worth aiming for.

  19. #219
    Survivor Radge Burbank Lilywhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Corner of Bite Me Blvd and No Friggin Way
    Posts
    5,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Ireland Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. I'd like a big chair and an evil-looking cat.

    My first decision would be to redirect all scientific research in NI towards finding a way to make 'tit Monday' a weekly event.

    Now there's a dream of Ireland worth aiming for.
    Then we could have a 'two for Tuesday', a 'Menagis a trois Wednesday' and my personal favourite Flashdance Friday.

  20. #220
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Ireland Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a pretty big caveat but if republicans are prepared to work through the issue with the OL then in the long run it might be doable.

    FWIW, if the Shinners hadn't made such a $#@!ing drama about parades I reckon the OL would have died on its arse long ago across here. A bit more negotiation in private and a bit less shouting and roaring in public, on both sides, could have moved the issue on no end.
    True. I remember in a documentary they asked an Orangeman something like would he mind if their parade could no longer pass the main street in Ardoyne and he replied "What would be the fun in it then?" Also the bonfires on the eve of their parades they burn tri-colours with slogans like "$#@! Mickey Bo" on them. For those who don't know Michael McIllveen was a teenager beaten to death for being a Catholic a few years ago. That's what the normal people of the North would be up against.

  21. #221
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Ireland Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. I'd like a big chair and an evil-looking cat.

    My first decision would be to redirect all scientific research in NI towards finding a way to make 'tit Monday' a weekly event.

    Now there's a dream of Ireland worth aiming for.

  22. #222
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe in an Ireland of equals, while there is British involvement this cannot happen IMO.
    Oh, $#@! off. Are you serious? Tell me this, where do you live?

    I'll tell you where I live. West Belfast, falls road. And I'll tell you this, I pray every single day that Sinn Fein lose their seat. Why? Because they use violence, oppression and fear tactics to suppress me and the other members of the Socialist Party I'm in. I'm talking real violence and real oppression, and real physical threats. They sent the constituents away from a meeting we were holding and sat there themselves, then warned us to leave or face the consequences. A fellow member has been punched in the face by them. They pointed us out to a room full of Sinn Feiners and IRA types and accused us of 'directly attacking Sinn Fein'. Because we were supporting a classroom assistants strike they opposed.

    They go around the houses we sell our papers in and warn the residents not to buy them again, entire areas. Residents of west Belfast, whether or not they support our party or not, are too terrified to buy our papers or take our leaflets.

    The only reason they're still in power int he area is because they run an incredibly successful campaign of 'look at what happened 30 years ago, don't look what's happening now'. I live in one of the most violent, dangerous and crime-ridden areas in the whole of NI. Car insurance is highest in my postcode than anywhere else in the UK because of the amount of joyriding and car crime. People are being stabbed, beaten and murdered almost on a fortnightly basis on their own doorsteps. The police wont come near the area for a disturbance of less than Titanic proportions, because of the very highly successful campaign by the Shinners to keep them out. And the Shinners do $#@! all. So what happens? People are too scared to leave their houses or express any sort of alternative political view, because the only thing the Shinners give a $#@! about is keeping their seats. They do this by constantly holding meetings about 1916 or Gibraltar or Bobby $#@!ing Sands, keeping the locals in a state of bitterness and anger, and meanwhile cruise along without having to lift a finger to rectify the current housing/social/poverty/deprivation situation. Nobody notices whats happening now if they're continually kept in the past.

    And if they do? What do the Shinners do? Claim that once 'The Brits' are out it'll be a glorious, free utopia. Well, you're doing nothing right now to make me feel safe walkign my own streets, so why the $#@! should I believe you about the future? Oh, that's right, Mairead $#@!ing Farrell. I forgot. Let me slip into my coat of blind ignorance and hatred and misguided and misplaced hope, and forget all about the fact that a month ago three people were murdered int heir own communities by others of that same community. Republican paradise? My $#@!ing arse.

    As for the Southern government, they're as a corrupt bunch of $#@!s as the next load. Down south is even worse. Fianna Fail are a disgrace, absolutely awful, and how they're retained their power on the Republic is completely beyond me.

    So don't you even dream of starting to preach about how a 'free and equal Ireland' will be better than this one, because from where I'm standing, in the country mind, it's an absolute shambles from start to finish and if either Republican government was in complete power over the island I'd happily jump
    ship and take my chances with David Cameron.

    A government that uses intimidation and fear to rule over its people cannot, IMveryfuckingHMO, be trusted to run a community centre, never mind a country. And that's exactly what Sinn fein do. Lie, cheat and lie again until they're found out, then threaten the would-be exposers (who are, by the way, living in the very same Republican communities) until they shut up, and keep their constituents in a state of fear, anger and bitterness while gently stroking the myth that they're the only ones who will 'look after them' in order to keep their seats without listening to a word they say or lifting a single finger to help.

    An equal Ireland you say. Hate to tell you mate, but it already is. And before you start bleating on about Northern Ireland and inequality, let's look at the other side. What about the Protestants who live in the South? Have you ever stopped to think about the fact they deal with as much bigotry and intolerance than whoever it is you're standing up for in the North? Albeit not to the same level, but I know plenty who are Irish born and Irish bred, who deal with it on a daily basis. NI has so many measures in place, such as having to declare your religios background when applying for a job, information which is never seen by the employer but instead sealed away and looked at once a year by independant auditors, to ensure that equality is happening that to be honest taking away the border and leaving us with a happy united island of love would more than likely leave most of NI's former inhabitants up $#@! creek without a $#@!ing paddle.

    Maybe you should do some research into Irish poltics, real Irish politics that's happening now and not some cornflakes-box Celtic FC $#@!e, and then come back to me and proclaim the virtues of a fully Republican Irish government. Because right now mate you're just sounding like another clueless tricolour-waving $#@!head who bangs on about the Shinners and equality without realising that it's not 1978 anymore. Actually, on one level you'd get on with the Shinners quite well. They still think there's a war on too.

    Oh and get rid of that avatar. It makes you look like an arse.

  23. #223
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. I remember in a documentary they asked an Orangeman something like would he mind if their parade could no longer pass the main street in Ardoyne and he replied "What would be the fun in it then?" Also the bonfires on the eve of their parades they burn tri-colours with slogans like "$#@! Mickey Bo" on them. For those who don't know Michael McIllveen was a teenager beaten to death for being a Catholic a few years ago. That's what the normal people of the North would be up against.
    Yes, and on the annual Internment celebrations in Republican areas, massive bonfires are lit burning Union Jacks, Red Hands and Rangers shirts.


    Oh my good god, are you telling me that each side's as bad as the other? Well, blow me $#@!ing sideways with a cross-community Armalite.

  24. #224
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, $#@! off. Are you serious? Tell me this, where do you live?

    I'll tell you where I live. West Belfast, falls road. And I'll tell you this, I pray every single day that Sinn Fein lose their seat. Why? Because they use violence, oppression and fear tactics to suppress me and the other members of the Socialist Party I'm in. I'm talking real violence and real oppression, and real physical threats. They sent the constituents away from a meeting we were holding and sat there themselves, then warned us to leave or face the consequences. A fellow member has been punched in the face by them. They pointed us out to a room full of Sinn Feiners and IRA types and accused us of 'directly attacking Sinn Fein'. Because we were supporting a classroom assistants strike they opposed.

    They go around the houses we sell our papers in and warn the residents not to buy them again, entire areas. Residents of west Belfast, whether or not they support our party or not, are too terrified to buy our papers or take our leaflets.

    The only reason they're still in power int he area is because they run an incredibly successful campaign of 'look at what happened 30 years ago, don't look what's happening now'. I live in one of the most violent, dangerous and crime-ridden areas in the whole of NI. Car insurance is highest in my postcode than anywhere else in the UK because of the amount of joyriding and car crime. People are being stabbed, beaten and murdered almost on a fortnightly basis on their own doorsteps. The police wont come near the area for a disturbance of less than Titanic proportions, because of the very highly successful campaign by the Shinners to keep them out. And the Shinners do $#@! all. So what happens? People are too scared to leave their houses or express any sort of alternative political view, because the only thing the Shinners give a $#@! about is keeping their seats. They do this by constantly holding meetings about 1916 or Gibraltar or Bobby $#@!ing Sands, keeping the locals in a state of bitterness and anger, and meanwhile cruise along without having to lift a finger to rectify the current housing/social/poverty/deprivation situation. Nobody notices whats happening now if they're continually kept in the past.

    And if they do? What do the Shinners do? Claim that once 'The Brits' are out it'll be a glorious, free utopia. Well, you're doing nothing right now to make me feel safe walkign my own streets, so why the $#@! should I believe you about the future? Oh, that's right, Mairead $#@!ing Farrell. I forgot. Let me slip into my coat of blind ignorance and hatred and misguided and misplaced hope, and forget all about the fact that a month ago three people were murdered int heir own communities by others of that same community. Republican paradise? My $#@!ing arse.

    As for the Southern government, they're as a corrupt bunch of $#@!s as the next load. Down south is even worse. Fianna Fail are a disgrace, absolutely awful, and how they're retained their power on the Republic is completely beyond me.

    So don't you even dream of starting to preach about how a 'free and equal Ireland' will be better than this one, because from where I'm standing, in the country mind, it's an absolute shambles from start to finish and if either Republican government was in complete power over the island I'd happily jump
    ship and take my chances with David Cameron.

    A government that uses intimidation and fear to rule over its people cannot, IMveryfuckingHMO, be trusted to run a community centre, never mind a country. And that's exactly what Sinn fein do. Lie, cheat and lie again until they're found out, then threaten the would-be exposers (who are, by the way, living in the very same Republican communities) until they shut up, and keep their constituents in a state of fear, anger and bitterness while gently stroking the myth that they're the only ones who will 'look after them' in order to keep their seats without listening to a word they say or lifting a single finger to help.

    An equal Ireland you say. Hate to tell you mate, but it already is. And before you start bleating on about Northern Ireland and inequality, let's look at the other side. What about the Protestants who live in the South? Have you ever stopped to think about the fact they deal with as much bigotry and intolerance than whoever it is you're standing up for in the North? Albeit not to the same level, but I know plenty who are Irish born and Irish bred, who deal with it on a daily basis. NI has so many measures in place, such as having to declare your religios background when applying for a job, information which is never seen by the employer but instead sealed away and looked at once a year by independant auditors, to ensure that equality is happening that to be honest taking away the border and leaving us with a happy united island of love would more than likely leave most of NI's former inhabitants up $#@! creek without a $#@!ing paddle.

    Maybe you should do some research into Irish poltics, real Irish politics that's happening now and not some cornflakes-box Celtic FC $#@!e, and then come back to me and proclaim the virtues of a fully Republican Irish government. Because right now mate you're just sounding like another clueless tricolour-waving $#@!head who bangs on about the Shinners and equality without realising that it's not 1978 anymore. Actually, on one level you'd get on with the Shinners quite well. They still think there's a war on too.

    Oh and get rid of that avatar. It makes you look like an arse.
    Why? Was James Connolly an arse? Was Padraig Pearse an arse? And when did I was there was a war on? The last British casualty was in 1997 IIRC.

  25. #225
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Oh, and before I get thrown some $#@!ey half-arsed allegation, I am actually a Republican. However I'm a real Republican, in the true sense of the anti-monarchy, pro-democracy variety, not just some halfwit who danders about in a Celtic shirt singing songs about potato famines and weeps silently into a pint on Easter Monday.

  26. #226
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? Was James Connolly an arse? Was Padraig Pearse an arse? And when did I was there was a war on? The last British casualty was in 1997 IIRC.
    Because James Connolly and Padraig Pearse aren't pictures of mindless $#@!e daubed on a wall. It's not actually a mural you know. It's Sinn Fein's method of communicating with their voters. Unfortunately most of them are too dense to be able to understand real poltical ideology, so they just paint pretty pictures on the sides of buildings to get their ideas across instead.

    Kind of like teaching a slow child to read using flashcards.

    And another thing, living where I do I have to see that $#@! ever $#@!ing day, walkign through town, both sides.. So you'll forgive me if I'm not exactly enamoured with the prospect of being faced with it when online.

  27. #227
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and on the annual Internment celebrations in Republican areas, massive bonfires are lit burning Union Jacks, Red Hands and Rangers shirts.


    Oh my good god, are you telling me that each side's as bad as the other? Well, blow me $#@!ing sideways with a cross-community Armalite.
    I don't condone that, seems like a pretty neddy thing to. But don't you think internment should be commemorated?

  28. #228
    The Radge Doon the Road BunnahabhainXXV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,766
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's still British military installations, a British police force and an assembly run by Westminster. And to top it all off, one third of all Ulstermen have no say in their province because of the British administered border. Supression if you ask me.
    If the Ulster Scots would piss off back t where they came from, huh!! Then the English and Welsh could leave.

  29. #229
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because James Connolly and Padraig Pearse aren't pictures of mindless $#@!e daubed on a wall. It's not actually a mural you know. It's Sinn Fein's method of communicating with their voters. Unfortunately most of them are too dense to be able to understand real poltical ideology, so they just paint pretty pictures on the sides of buildings to get their ideas across instead.

    Kind of like teaching a slow child to read using flashcards.

    And another thing, living where I do I have to see that $#@! ever $#@!ing day, walkign through town, both sides.. So you'll forgive me if I'm not exactly enamoured with the prospect of being faced with it when online.
    It doesn't say vote Sinn Fein on it. I haven't seen it up close but I'm sure both men are in the picture. I wouldn't call a painting of the GPO in 1916 "mindless $#@!e" either.

  30. #230
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Ulster Scots would piss off back t where they came from, huh!! Then the English and Welsh could leave.
    The Ulster-Scots have as much of a right to live in Ireland as anyone else.

  31. #231
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't condone that, seems like a pretty neddy thing to. But don't you think internment should be commemorated?
    I quite honestly couldn't give a flying rat's arse. All it is is an excuse to wind up the other side and keep the old fires burning.

    If everyone could just dry their $#@!ing eyes and concentrate on collectively addressing the real present problems, not old half-forgotten ones, THEN Northern Ireland would become a pleasanter place to be. Personally, I'm too busy worrying about whether or not my car's gonna get nicked from outside my house, my home broken into, or if I'm gonna get stabbed on the way home from the pub to fret about whos burning what flag.

    Maybe if they sorted the now $#@! out, I'd have more time to waste crying about past injustice. We've all been wronged in the past. Now lets ust get on with it and stop bleating on like $#@!ing sheep.

  32. #232
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't say vote Sinn Fein on it. I haven't seen it up close but I'm sure both men are in the picture. I wouldn't call a painting of the GPO in 1916 "mindless $#@!e" either.
    It's pointless. And it says 'vote Sinn Fein', only subliminally.... you'll learn.

    What the hells the point in painting it ona side of a building? No other countries find the need to do that, paint their sordid past for all to see. The murals were originally used to mark out Republican and Loyalist areas. Now, very pretty they might be, but honestly the poltical equivalent of a dog pissing against a lampost doesn't impress me that much.

  33. #233
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite honestly couldn't give a flying rat's arse. All it is is an excuse to wind up the other side and keep the old fires burning.

    If everyone could just dry their $#@!ing eyes and concentrate on collectively addressing the real present problems, not old half-forgotten ones, THEN Northern Ireland would become a pleasanter place to be. Personally, I'm too busy worrying about whether or not my car's gonna get nicked from outside my house, my home broken into, or if I'm gonna get stabbed on the way home from the pub to fret about whos burning what flag.

    Maybe if they sorted the now $#@! out, I'd have more time to waste crying about past injustice. We've all been wronged in the past. Now lets ust get on with it and stop bleating on like $#@!ing sheep.
    So you're a Republican who doesn't care about Irish history? You say you're a member of the Socialist Party, what's their policy on the British administration in the North?

  34. #234
    Radge, so it is


    NI Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In County Antrim, so I am
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. I remember in a documentary they asked an Orangeman something like would he mind if their parade could no longer pass the main street in Ardoyne and he replied "What would be the fun in it then?" Also the bonfires on the eve of their parades they burn tri-colours with slogans like "$#@! Mickey Bo" on them. For those who don't know Michael McIllveen was a teenager beaten to death for being a Catholic a few years ago. That's what the normal people of the North would be up against.
    They. THEY??. You're talking about an event that brings tens of thousands of people onto the streets (some very moderate unionists, some hardliners). To generalise an entire event based on one interview and a couple of examines is a pretty piss-poor attempt at understanding it.

    Also, your constant bleating about crimes against catholics doesn't have much value unless it is placed in the context of the fact that sectarian attacks are carried out by both sides against both sides.

    I'm away to watch my DVD so I'll sum up. As long as you (and other republicans) only continue to see wrongs committed against one side, and continue to moan about the past constantly then a solution - and an end to the border - is far, far away.

    BUT if you find a way to see both sides of the story, try a $#@!load harder to understand and see others' side of the debate and change the record of whining about collusion etc (you could see how it would wind the people of Omagh, Enniskillen etc etc etc up) then you might find that many unionists are more open-minded about the border than you think. But give the Andersonstown News $#@!e a rest and try to by a little more analytical about issues (try Ruth Dudley Edward's book about the OL and Henry McDonald's 'Colours' for a start) and you could find unionists being a but more accepting of your point of view. After all, the border isn't going anywhere until you find a way to keep them happy and thus avoid another 30 years of bombing.

    Quote of the year - 'Sure what do you know about Ireland, you're not even from Scotland' ForzaHibs 2009

  35. #235
    Survivor Radge Burbank Lilywhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Corner of Bite Me Blvd and No Friggin Way
    Posts
    5,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, $#@! off. Are you serious? Tell me this, where do you live?

    I'll tell you where I live. West Belfast, falls road. And I'll tell you this, I pray every single day that Sinn Fein lose their seat. Why? Because they use violence, oppression and fear tactics to suppress me and the other members of the Socialist Party I'm in. I'm talking real violence and real oppression, and real physical threats. They sent the constituents away from a meeting we were holding and sat there themselves, then warned us to leave or face the consequences. A fellow member has been punched in the face by them. They pointed us out to a room full of Sinn Feiners and IRA types and accused us of 'directly attacking Sinn Fein'. Because we were supporting a classroom assistants strike they opposed.

    They go around the houses we sell our papers in and warn the residents not to buy them again, entire areas. Residents of west Belfast, whether or not they support our party or not, are too terrified to buy our papers or take our leaflets.

    The only reason they're still in power int he area is because they run an incredibly successful campaign of 'look at what happened 30 years ago, don't look what's happening now'. I live in one of the most violent, dangerous and crime-ridden areas in the whole of NI. Car insurance is highest in my postcode than anywhere else in the UK because of the amount of joyriding and car crime. People are being stabbed, beaten and murdered almost on a fortnightly basis on their own doorsteps. The police wont come near the area for a disturbance of less than Titanic proportions, because of the very highly successful campaign by the Shinners to keep them out. And the Shinners do $#@! all. So what happens? People are too scared to leave their houses or express any sort of alternative political view, because the only thing the Shinners give a $#@! about is keeping their seats. They do this by constantly holding meetings about 1916 or Gibraltar or Bobby $#@!ing Sands, keeping the locals in a state of bitterness and anger, and meanwhile cruise along without having to lift a finger to rectify the current housing/social/poverty/deprivation situation. Nobody notices whats happening now if they're continually kept in the past.

    And if they do? What do the Shinners do? Claim that once 'The Brits' are out it'll be a glorious, free utopia. Well, you're doing nothing right now to make me feel safe walkign my own streets, so why the $#@! should I believe you about the future? Oh, that's right, Mairead $#@!ing Farrell. I forgot. Let me slip into my coat of blind ignorance and hatred and misguided and misplaced hope, and forget all about the fact that a month ago three people were murdered int heir own communities by others of that same community. Republican paradise? My $#@!ing arse.

    As for the Southern government, they're as a corrupt bunch of $#@!s as the next load. Down south is even worse. Fianna Fail are a disgrace, absolutely awful, and how they're retained their power on the Republic is completely beyond me.

    So don't you even dream of starting to preach about how a 'free and equal Ireland' will be better than this one, because from where I'm standing, in the country mind, it's an absolute shambles from start to finish and if either Republican government was in complete power over the island I'd happily jump
    ship and take my chances with David Cameron.

    A government that uses intimidation and fear to rule over its people cannot, IMveryfuckingHMO, be trusted to run a community centre, never mind a country. And that's exactly what Sinn fein do. Lie, cheat and lie again until they're found out, then threaten the would-be exposers (who are, by the way, living in the very same Republican communities) until they shut up, and keep their constituents in a state of fear, anger and bitterness while gently stroking the myth that they're the only ones who will 'look after them' in order to keep their seats without listening to a word they say or lifting a single finger to help.

    An equal Ireland you say. Hate to tell you mate, but it already is. And before you start bleating on about Northern Ireland and inequality, let's look at the other side. What about the Protestants who live in the South? Have you ever stopped to think about the fact they deal with as much bigotry and intolerance than whoever it is you're standing up for in the North? Albeit not to the same level, but I know plenty who are Irish born and Irish bred, who deal with it on a daily basis. NI has so many measures in place, such as having to declare your religios background when applying for a job, information which is never seen by the employer but instead sealed away and looked at once a year by independant auditors, to ensure that equality is happening that to be honest taking away the border and leaving us with a happy united island of love would more than likely leave most of NI's former inhabitants up $#@! creek without a $#@!ing paddle.

    Maybe you should do some research into Irish poltics, real Irish politics that's happening now and not some cornflakes-box Celtic FC $#@!e, and then come back to me and proclaim the virtues of a fully Republican Irish government. Because right now mate you're just sounding like another clueless tricolour-waving $#@!head who bangs on about the Shinners and equality without realising that it's not 1978 anymore. Actually, on one level you'd get on with the Shinners quite well. They still think there's a war on too.

    Oh and get rid of that avatar. It makes you look like an arse.

    I want to have your baby. You are my hero.

  36. #236
    Survivor Radge Burbank Lilywhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Corner of Bite Me Blvd and No Friggin Way
    Posts
    5,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen it up close but I'm sure both men are in the picture.
    What can I say...

    You have a avatar from Northern Ireland that you haven't seen, and aren't really certain who or what is in it, and are attempting to lecture a citizen of Northern Ireland who has to live with the consequences of said "misunderstood graffitti artist who is merely expressing their political viewpoint in the only manner available to them since they are shut out of goverment by an evil, hateful regevene driven group of bigots."

    Which when I think about it sounds a lot like the artist's political afiliation.

    My personal recommendation is for you to go hump a doorknob. You'll have a greater chance of sucess in that endeavour.

  37. #237
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Burbank Lilywhite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What can I say...

    You have a avatar from Northern Ireland that you haven't seen, and aren't really certain who or what is in it, and are attempting to lecture a citizen of Northern Ireland who has to live with the consequences of said "misunderstood graffitti artist who is merely expressing their political viewpoint in the only manner available to them since they are shut out of goverment by an evil, hateful regevene driven group of bigots."

    Which when I think about it sounds a lot like the artist's political afiliation.

    My personal recommendation is for you to go hump a doorknob. You'll have a greater chance of sucess in that endeavour.
    I haven't seen it in person. If you look at an inlarged version you can clearly see Connolly on the stretcher and Pearse standing to the left of him.

  38. #238
    Radge Donator



    KABULHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Burbank Lilywhite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What can I say...

    You have a avatar from Northern Ireland that you haven't seen, and aren't really certain who or what is in it, and are attempting to lecture a citizen of Northern Ireland who has to live with the consequences of said "misunderstood graffitti artist who is merely expressing their political viewpoint in the only manner available to them since they are shut out of goverment by an evil, hateful regevene driven group of bigots."

    Which when I think about it sounds a lot like the artist's political afiliation.

    My personal recommendation is for you to go hump a doorknob. You'll have a greater chance of sucess in that endeavour.
    Once your finished with Loki, I want your babies Jim, you're my hero

  39. #239
    Smrt Sparte
    Rep of Ireland Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Praha, Czech Republic
    Posts
    3,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for the Southern government, they're as a corrupt bunch of $#@!s as the next load. Down south is even worse. Fianna Fail are a disgrace, absolutely awful, and how they're retained their power on the Republic is completely beyond me.

    So don't you even dream of starting to preach about how a 'free and equal Ireland' will be better than this one, because from where I'm standing, in the country mind, it's an absolute shambles from start to finish and if either Republican government was in complete power over the island I'd happily jump
    ship and take my chances with David Cameron.


    Maybe you should jump ship then, because your statement above is complete sh!te IMO. You obviously don't know anything about Ireland



    Really think this thread should be locked. Nothing worse than people preaching about what's best for Ireland who aren't Irish/N. Irish and know nothing about it

  40. #240
    Honourably Discharged

    HailHail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    DA.

    Why would you want a government who fail to meet the basic requirement for governing, a monopoly on violence? (applies to both)


    Would you want the gards as your 'police force'? feck that.

  41. #241
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Rep of Ireland Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe you should jump ship then, because your statement above is complete sh!te IMO. You obviously don't know anything about Ireland



    Really think this thread should be locked. Nothing worse than people preaching about what's best for Ireland who aren't Irish/N. Irish and know nothing about it
    Now I'm confused...........


    well, more confused.


  42. #242
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're a Republican who doesn't care about Irish history? You say you're a member of the Socialist Party, what's their policy on the British administration in the North?
    No. I'm a Republican who doesn't feel the need to use generations of pain, suffering and innocent death to wind other people up. As I said I'm not what would be deemed an 'Irish Republican', in the sense that I don't bleat on about the past 24-7 or sing abour potato famines. I also couldn't give a $#@! about the break-up or continuation of the union. I'm a Republican in the political sense, as in, I'm anti-monarchy and pro-democracy.

    Mark, you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. But it's not utter $#@!e. It's what I'm experiencing right now living where I do. I assume you have political viewpoints on George Bush? Not being born in a country does not stop you having the right to express a political opinion, and an informed political opinion, on the way it's being run when you're living in it.

    What I don't like is someone glorifying something in such a pointless way without having an idea of both sides. But hey, who am I to judge. What the $#@! would I know about a country's politics, being involved int he political world of it and experiencing the utter muppetry of the Assembly first-hand. That's both sides of the assembly, by the way. And as for the south's corruption, alright I'm not a full expert on the inner workings of the Dail, but you have to admit that Ahern was a corrupt motherfucker, and the politics of the countryare as riddled with $#@!e and nonsense as anywhere else in the developed democratic world. Or maybe you don't. I really couldn't care less. You state that I know $#@! all about Ireland, I state that you know $#@! all about being threatened by Sinn Fein in your own community for daring to do that whole 'freedom of free speech and press' thing that we're all so fond of.

  43. #243
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess

    Hibsean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Muir of Houston
    Posts
    3,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really?

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3GftSK93U[/youtube]
    Hello AlbaEire, Like your avatar, is that your house? and which part of Livingston are you in?

    Just ignore them all, they just hate you and are ripping the pish out of you, don't take it to heart, they do it to every numpty.

    BTW , Welcome to the HIBEESBOUNCE.
    "the deadlock was never going to be long-lasting and when the first goal came it was a gem, a counter-attacking work of art."

    Richard Bath, SoS, 27/9/09.

  44. #244
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I'm a Republican who doesn't feel the need to use generations of pain, suffering and innocent death to wind other people up. That to me is not a commemoration. It's an insult. Whoever's doing it. And there was plenty of atrocities suffered by both sides.
    It isn't used to wind up anyone, the sacrifices of the past should not be forgotten. It shows that there has always been opposition to British rule for centuries. I won't deny their was atrocities on both sides, that's why I oppose armed struggle. And those who support it are a tiny minority in Ireland.

  45. #245
    Adult Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibsean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello AlbaEire, Like your avatar, is that your house? and which part of Livingston are you in?

    Just ignore them all, they just hate you and are ripping the pish out of you, don't take it to heart, they do it to every arsehole.

    BTW , Welcome to the HIBEESBOUNCE.
    No it's not my house, it's on Berwick Road in Belfast. And I'm not from Livvy, I'm on the West Coast, grandson of a Hibby

  46. #246
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The People's Republic of Fife
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It isn't used to wind up anyone, the sacrifices of the past should not be forgotten. It shows that there has always been opposition to British rule for centuries.

    That's spoken straight out of the 1970s there.

    Its a different world now in NI, so let the people who live there get on with building bridges and communities and running their own country.

    As has been stated earlier if you feel so strongly about things in Ireland/NI then move there get a job in Belfast and pay taxes there.

  47. #247
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It isn't used to wind up anyone, the sacrifices of the past should not be forgotten. It shows that there has always been opposition to British rule for centuries. I won't deny their was atrocities on both sides, that's why I oppose armed struggle. And those who support it are a tiny minority in Ireland.
    Yes it bloody is, that's why idiots still feel the need to 'commemorate' (sp?) events by burning emblems of the other side and singing daft songs. People can commemorate whatever they like however they like, it really doesn't bother me. But when it's used as an excuse to aggravate someone else, it doesn't sit right with me. (See also: Orange Order marching through Catholic areas in NI/Scotland. That annoys me too.)

    Anyway, I'm far too tired to continue on this debate, and my friend needs his computer back. I'm still net-less after having my house broken into and most of my electronic equipment nicked. And I've had a very bad day. So, I'll leave you to it, $#@!, say and sing whatever you want. I'm no-one to take away someone's free speech. To be honest I'll have a small rant about it then completely ignore you like I do the majority of Celtic fans.

    Enjoy.

  48. #248
    The Radge Doon the Road BunnahabhainXXV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,766
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaEire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Ulster-Scots have as much of a right to live in Ireland as anyone else.
    But not to colonise it. The British army is only there because the Ulster Scots and the Irish could live in piece. England would love to be shot of NI. Its a money pit.

  49. #249
    Official 'Radge Auntie' to a small Ballyclare child, and radge about nihibs(.com)
    Loki_Sproule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast, westside.
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Oh and Burbank, my darling, that's one of the best things that's ever been said to me. I'll gladly give you my babies, wanna meet me in Belfast and we'll make a start? I don't really look like the speccy bloke in the picture, btw. I've got boobs and everything

  50. #250
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: Scotland V Northern Ireland,Scotland fans.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_Sproule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh and Burbank, my darling, that's one of the best things that's ever been said to me. I'll gladly give you my babies, wanna meet me in Belfast and we'll make a start? I don't really look like the speccy bloke in the picture, btw. I've got boobs and everything
    Christ we've got more in common than a birthdate

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Scotland v N Ireland
    By 1875 in forum Irish Hibs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-09-08, 00:27
  2. Scotland Vs N . Ireland.....
    By McLeod1875 in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22-08-08, 07:58
  3. Scotland v Northern Ireland
    By PILTONSTANY in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-08-08, 16:53
  4. Scotland v Northern Ireland (Friendly Info.)
    By Riordan in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-03-08, 09:04
  5. Sectarianism "more ingrained" in Scotland than Northern Ireland
    By Purple & Green in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 26-05-06, 09:09

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •