Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    vCash

Cap'd at international level

I have a question for people that are more versed in the mythical ways of fifa, uefa and the fa's here in the UK.

As far as i am aware Brian Howard is not allowed to play for Scotland as he played in a fifa competition at 16 or he played too many games at any level pre full international(I have heard both in the media so quoting both).

I am not to bothered at him specifically not being able to play for us just looking to find out the rules as they exist.

Say Aiden McGeady he played for Scotland at School boys level now being a Irish international.

I am sure that there have been many professional players played for Scotland that played for England at U21 level

Ryan Giggs played U21 for England before playing for Wales.

I am sure mostly this comes from the UK home nations we wont play your ladies if you don't play ours self imposed rule but just looking to find out what the hard and fast is.

And if Hoggy has a chance if he married burleys daughter would that make him Scottish? Like when Allen Orman could be eligible for Nigeria because his wife was from there?

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Cap'd at international level

Quote Originally Posted by cstkto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a question for people that are more versed in the mythical ways of fifa, uefa and the fa's here in the UK.

As far as i am aware Brian Howard is not allowed to play for Scotland as he played in a fifa competition at 16 or he played too many games at any level pre full international(I have heard both in the media so quoting both).

I am not to bothered at him specifically not being able to play for us just looking to find out the rules as they exist.

Say Aiden McGeady he played for Scotland at School boys level now being a Irish international.

I am sure that there have been many professional players played for Scotland that played for England at U21 level

I am sure mostly this comes from the UK home nations we wont play your ladies if you don't play ours self imposed rule but just looking to find out what the hard and fast is.

And if Hoggy has a chance if he married burleys daughter would that make him Scottish? Like when Allen Orman could be eligible for Nigeria because his wife was from there?
    Can explain that one.

Despicable triator. born nd bred weegies. Ah ta be sure to, Ah'll play for da Oirish.

Nowt against Ireland but AM is f#ckin traitor. Watch all the huns play for England. Good riddance. And they couldn't play for England anyway. I'm afraid

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash

To play for Scotland, England, Northern Ireland or Wales you need one thing: proof of british citizenship - this would normally be a british passport. To elaborate, all you need to play for any country in the world is proof of citizenship of that country which is why people like Deco can play for Portugal. The bloodline thing that you have to be born or have a parent born in that country is a uniquely British arrangement to try and establish some borders between the British teams.

The republic of Ireland have a very inclusive approach to Irish Citizenship which means that I could apply for citizenship because I have an Irish born rent: but in theory you could have Irish citizenship through your great great great great rent.

Citizenship is the key to eligibility, but I've no idea on what the current rules are on who can play for who having already played for someone else.

Juvenile Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    To play for Scotland, England, Northern Ireland or Wales you need one thing: proof of british citizenship - this would normally be a british passport. To elaborate, all you need to play for any country in the world is proof of citizenship of that country which is why people like Deco can play for Portugal. The bloodline thing that you have to be born or have a parent born in that country is a uniquely British arrangement to try and establish some borders between the British teams.

The republic of Ireland have a very inclusive approach to Irish Citizenship which means that I could apply for citizenship because I have an Irish born rent: but in theory you could have Irish citizenship through your great great great great rent.

Citizenship is the key to eligibility, but I've no idea on what the current rules are on who can play for who having already played for someone else.
    Thank you muchley at least you cleared some of it up

Gunt Hating Uncle Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    vCash

That's the clincher. At that stage any other tournament or game played in wouldn't matter unless the game/tournament is FIFA organised, i.e Youth World Cups, Euro Champs etc.

If they simply played in a Home Nations friendly or Schoolboy Football etc for example, that wouldn't be an issue as far as I'm aware.

I farking hate the Gunts...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4577 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukta

If they simply played in a Home Nations friendly or Schoolboy Football etc for example, that wouldn't be an issue as far as I'm aware.
    I think you are right Uncle James.

My eldest is training/playing with the SFA national development squads (in fact right now as I type) but nobody has ever asked for him to either prove his Scottishness. He has had to prove his Edinburgherness though to play for Edinburgh (home address only though) and Regional sides.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Gunt Hating Uncle Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    I think you are right Uncle James.

My eldest is training/playing with the SFA national development squads (in fact right now as I type) but nobody has ever asked for him to either prove his Scottishness. He has had to prove his Edinburgherness though to play for Edinburgh (home address only though) and Regional sides.
    All the very best to him. It's a great thing for the laddies to be getting recognised & trained in the SFA set up.

You're right enough with the Schoolboy Edinburghness thing too.

I farking hate the Gunts...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4577 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukta
    All the very best to him. It's a great thing for the laddies to be getting recognised & trained in the SFA set up.
    Especially for a Hibby when your age group is delivered by the likes of Neil Orr and Keith Wright

Both my laddies have been fortunate enough to be recognised at SFA select level and we have generally found the coaching/mentoring of the development squads to be very good.

Hopefully, in the long run, the game as a whole will benefit from it.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

GoGO Back To Forum