Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Best Hibs player in a "10" and "Benji" shirt?

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    vCash

Best Hibs player in a "10" and "Benji" shirt?

What the f#ck's gone wrong with Mr. Benjolloun?

I was at ER at the Bolton game and said to my son; "We'll be lucky if we keep him before the START of the season!!"

Abdel, explain?

He's f#ckin got the talent! A more twinkle toed, sure footed player, I haven't seen since, well, Riordan, but he was pretty impressive too. But before them a long time ago.

Abdel, explain mate?

It's a shame but I think Mixu is going to empty both Morrocans and I don't blame him. Benji's starting to look like a wimp and Zem has flattered to decieve.

Sorry Abdel, I expected more from them both mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Best Hibs player in a "10" and "Benji" shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I was at ER at the Bolton game and said to my son; "We'll be lucky if we keep him before the START of the season!!"

Abdel, explain?

He's f#ckin got the talent! A more twinkle toed, sure footed player, I haven't seen since, well, Riordan, but he was pretty impressive too. But before them a long time ago.

Abdel, explain mate?

It's a shame but I think Mixu is going to empty both Morrocans and I don't blame him. Benji's starting to look like a wimp and Zem has flattered to decieve.

i agree i was at the bolton game

and benji was OUTSTANDING

his screamer of a top cornor finish... brilliant

and in the final two fantastic goals.... what has happened

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    vCash

IMO collins happened he came in and treated them diff letting them speak french and giving them favouritism, cause under tony benji was top scorer and his work rate was good just look at the facts. Maybe just coincidence that when collins came in they changed and now he's gone they aint interested.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post

Abdel, explain?

Abdel, explain mate?

Top post.

Both of these guys are artists rather than extras. They are there to take centre stage, not carry spears.
    I hope Mixu can get them back as stars rather than cast members. They have the talent, it just has to be applied and focussed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)
    vCash

I agree with all the above posts. I hope that Mixu finds a way to integrate them back into the sqaud as they both clearly have the required talent but have never quite managed to show their full potential.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    vCash

Andrew

I dont know what s in mixu mind, I ve noticed that none of them has got involved in the last game. gretna wasnt that good team to test the new signings..

As i said in the other thread benji may have a chance with the moroccan first team with the ex olympics coach.

benji needs to get involved with more games.. Benji was lovely,great,wonderful and excellent player last year but i havent seen that support from hibs fans now when he needs that. it s like " we love u only when u score" and with neglicting him at the moment i am not sure benji will be in ER next season.

zemmama, well the wee player needs more mins in the field.. he is still in the scorers list with 4 goals.. he has great skills...

now it s up to mixu.

we will see in the next weeks.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    vCash

The talent hasn't left. A combination of injury, bad luck and frustration have influenced our thoughts about the guy this season.

Hope he gets the nod at some point on Sunday. Don't think he will though, lack of match practice.

Twitching radge

Northern Britain (thanks to Unionist bastards)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by am_moroccan View Post
    Andrew

I dont know what s in mixu mind, I ve noticed that none of them has got involved in the last game. gretna wasnt that good team to test the new signings..

As i said in the other thread benji may have a chance with the moroccan first team with the ex olympics coach.

benji needs to get involved with more games.. Benji was lovely,great,wonderful and excellent player last year but i havent seen that support from hibs fans now when he needs that. it s like " we love u only when u score" and with neglicting him at the moment i am not sure benji will be in ER next season.

zemmama, well the wee player needs more mins in the field.. he is still in the scorers list with 4 goals.. he has great skills...

now it s up to mixu.

I must have misunderstood, AM. I didn't realise it was our fault that Benji hasn't kicked a ball all season.

I will agree that i don't see him being here next year either. No doubt due to the terrible support he has received from the Hibs fans.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6585 Post(s)
    vCash

These two talents are in many ways a challenge to Mixu. I hope he takes it on..

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash

Oh dear.

So its not Benji that has lost his way. Its the fans.
    Sorry but not so.
    Benji is the guy that is responsible for his own actions and performance, not the rag tag and bobtails that sit in the stands.
    If Benji doesnt put the effort in, if Benji tells his boss to fcuk off three times in a game and if Benji thinks he is better off waiting for Real Madrid to come in for him then thats up to BENJI

Im really a bit puzzled how you know that Benji was lovely great etc but the fans who watch him every week dont see that?
    Are you Benji?

If Benji carries on as he is, if he isnt at ER next season then it wont be our loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)
    vCash

Andrew

now it s up to mixu.

Fans always like a player when he scores, the problem is Benji hasn't done that for a long time.

He is still getting support from Hibs fans. As you can see, everyone who has posted above thinks he has the talent to perform for Hibs. We just want to see him actually do it.

His problem now is we have two strikers who may well be very suited, making it hard for Benji to get a game.

I feel for Benji as he has had three managers in his short time at Easter Road. That said I think two have given him a fair chance and we'll see what happens under Mixu. I think it must be harder for a young foreign player to make his mark here than a young Scottish player. I'd still love to see Benji do well.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shrink View Post
    Oh dear.

So it’s not Benji that has lost his way. It’s the fans.
    Sorry but not so.
    Benji is the guy that is responsible for his own actions and performance, not the rag tag and bobtails that sit in the stands.
    If Benji doesn’t put the effort in, if Benji tells his boss to fcuk off three times in a game and if Benji thinks he is better off waiting for Real Madrid to come in for him then that’s up to BENJI

I’m really a bit puzzled how you know that Benji was “lovely great etc” but the fans who watch him every week don’t see that?
    Are you Benji?

If Benji carries on as he is, if he isn’t at ER next season then it won’t be our loss.
    First I am not benji.

Benji is passing at the same situation as RAUL of real madrid last season.

Raul hadnt scored for many games last season, he was even dropped from the national team.

Benji faught with injuries and the bad luck just as raul last season and he strongly come back this season, there will be time for benji to come back as well.

fletcher or nish may pass at the same situation as benji.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    vCash

Last season when benji took on the last man it was always exciting as you knew there was a good chance of him beating him and scoring but this year he has sort of lost that cutting edge when he gets on the park.

I would keep both of them as think they will come good again.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    vCash

Benji was lovely,great,wonderful and excellent player last year but i havent seen that support from hibs fans now when he needs that. it s like " we love u only when u score" and with neglicting him at the moment i am not sure benji will be in ER next season.

now it s up to mixu.
    It's more like:

"We love you when you try"

"We love you when you stop throwing histrionics and act something like a professional footballer"

"We love you when you stop diving like a big girl"

It's not up to Mixu. He can't go out there and play the game for him. It's up to the player himself to show some pride in his performance and grow up a little. At the moment his career is disappearing fast...

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    It's more like:

"We love you when you try"

"We love you when you stop throwing histrionics and act something like a professional footballer"

"We love you when you stop diving like a big girl"

It's not up to Mixu. He can't go out there and play the game for him. It's up to the player himself to show some pride in his performance and grow up a little. At the moment his career is disappearing fast...
    yes his is professional but without along experience..i would give you examples of high professional player acting just as benji.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    vCash

Benji is a talent, no doubt about it.
    And he's done a lot for the club in the short time he's been here, scoring important goals in important matches.
    I think the fans are behind him and Zemamma, lets hope they can both repay the fans with some good performances from now til the end of the season.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash

It's not only about whether he scores or not. All strikers go through bad patches in terms of not finding the net but the minimum for any pro on the park is workrate and looking interested. Benji could also be a far better player if he realised pleasing the fans involves more than just scoring. Nothing would please me more than to see him setting up others who are in a better position to score.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    vCash

yes his is professional but without along experience..i would give you examples of high professional player acting just as benji.
    I don't see 'professional' as acting like a petulant child.

Sorry, am, I can obviously see why you'd like him to do well - we ALL would, but there is only one person responsible for him hardly kicking a ball since last March. To blame Hibs fans for their lack of support is plain wrong.

You're right in saying he needs more games. To do that he has to earn his place in the team though, something he has failed to do for a long time now.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash

Sorry, am, I can obviously see why you'd like him to do well - we ALL would, but there is only one person responsible for him hardly kicking a ball since last March. To blame Hibs fans for their lack of support is plain wrong.

You're right in saying he needs more games. To do that he has to earn his place in the team though, something he has failed to do for a long time now.
    Spot on Stu , currently a tragic waste of talent .
    All fans appreciate a guy who gives 100% but maybe lacks skill (Curier) but nobody appreciates a player who appears disinterested

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    vCash

Stu, i do understand what you mean, but make sure i dont blame fans for benji s lack, but for their high critics while the player need them for more support.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    vCash

Stu, i do understand what you mean, but make sure i dont blame fans for benji s lack, but for their high critics while the player need them for more support.
    No problem bud and I do understand where you're coming from. I'm sure we're all frustrated in equal parts and want the best for him and the team.

Abdessalam Benjelloun - Enigma

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash

AM,

I admire you sticking up for your countryman but a team like hibs cannot afford to indulge a player when they look/seem like they are not trying. In my opinion the fans have been very patient with Benji this season..when there have been murmerings of discontent it has been justified eg. when he refuses to pass the ball when team mates are better positioned or when he loses the ball and throws his arms in the air and refuses to work to get it back. Support is a two way thing and benji needs to learn that when things are going against him he has to at least make some sort of contribution to the team in other ways.

You won't find anyone on here i don't think who would dispute Benji's skill and talent, for his own sake and hibs tho' he needs to combine that with a better work ethic and a degree of mental toughness.

I sincerely hope he rediscovers his form and learns from this difficult time inhis career.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Is he destined to be another of those young enigmas that the game is thoroughly littered with?

Stu - Your point from you Benji enigma link is something I think we will determine in the next few years. I thought he had the potential to go places (Not Real! Thats for Fletch ) but he needs to 'screw the heid' and get back that winning mentality allowing himself to force his way back into the side. He has the potential, but is his attitude right?? Does he think he is too good for the club?? The last point is something I think may be right. Isnt correct on current form anyways.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeAnderson View Post
    Is he destined to be another of those young enigmas that the game is thoroughly littered with?

Stu - Your point from you Benji enigma link is something I think we will determine in the next few years. I thought he had the potential to go places (Not Real! Thats for Fletch ) but he needs to 'screw the heid' and get back that winning mentality allowing himself to force his way back into the side. He has the potential, but is his attitude right?? Does he think he is too good for the club?? The last point is something I think may be right. Isnt correct on current form anyways.
    You know what is strange about all this for me? It's the 'I want to play for Real' stuff from Benji. Now we have this story about Fletcher and Real. Pure coincidence??

I really, really hope I'm wrong mate but if was a betting man I wouldn't be backing Benji on the current state of play. It makes me feel sad to say that. We've all seen so many young players come into the game like a bolt from the blue then disappear never to be heard of again.

I agree with GalegoHibs comment above "but the minimum for any pro on the park is workrate and looking interested." that has to be a given in the modern game. If that's not there it's like trying to build a house without any foundations. Managers and supporters alike will not stand for it.

Similarly what Gav say's about refusing to pass the ball when team mates are in a better decision etc. is an important one. Old Big 'Ed Brian Clough used to term that a 'bad habit' He'd even liable drop a player for it.

On a brighter note IF Benji does manage to turn this situation around it will absolutely be the making of him. I hope he does.

GoGO Back To Forum