Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 91

Thread: New Manager Tomorrow??

  1. #1
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currie
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    New Manager Tomorrow??

    Heard tonight that the new manager will be Paul Simpson formely of Carlisle and Preston will be the new man unvieled tomorrow.

  2. #2
    I Was There And Went Radge


    Sauzee's Teeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    6,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    884 Post(s)
    vCash
    13392
    Rep Power
    621

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by azzuri hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard tonight that the new manager will be Paul Simpson formely of Carlisle and Preston will be the new man unvieled tomorrow.
    Source?
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

  3. #3
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    A rumour from keekback..

    Others have Mixu all but confirmed..

  4. #4
    Radge Private Member
    Kidd 86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Liberton
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??


    Wood seem strange to hire a Manager the day of a game which is whether we wish to admit it or not a must win.

    Hibs need a win and quickly, me thinks it would be strange to anounce a manager on the same day. But you never know.....
    1875- A good Year for Scottish football



    1986- An equally good year for Scottish Football!!

  5. #5
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    ex of Rochdale too and a very nice bloke

  6. #6
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currie
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Source?
    gave a lift home tonight from work to an English girl who had had a text from her mate down south saying her mates dad had been offered the hibs managers job, asked her to text back and ask who it was and Paul Simpson was the name given he will be offered it tomorrow, bizarre how it came around but if I was not giving her a lift she would not have thought anymore about mentioning it!

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    436

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by azzuri hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard tonight that the new manager will be Paul Simpson formely of Carlisle and Preston will be the new man unvieled tomorrow.
    It's pretty common for 'Saint' Rodney to provide some sticks and stones for supporters to throw at him but if this true then he has just provided a whole nuclear arsenal.

    Don't you know some nice French or Portugese girls instead.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

    Arrigo Sacchi

  8. #8
    Radge Private Member

    gragil69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by azzuri hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gave a lift home tonight from work to an English girl who had had a text from her mate down south saying her mates dad had been offered the hibs managers job, asked her to text back and ask who it was and Paul Simpson was the name given he will be offered it tomorrow, bizarre how it came around but if I was not giving her a lift she would not have thought anymore about mentioning it!
    Hmmmm....not exactly outstanding management career........but dont really know much about the teams.....

    http://www.soccerbase.com/managers2.sd?managerid=1804

    Just because you are not paranoid....doesnt mean the whole world isnt out to get you.......

  9. #9
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currie
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty common for 'Saint' Rodney to provide some sticks and stones for supporters to throw at him but if this true then he has just provided a whole nuclear arsenal.

    Don't you know some nice French or Portugese girls instead.
    Sorry mate this one will have to do for now........Pity though but I think even a French or Portugese wino would think twice about taking our managers job he probably has more to spend the now!

  10. #10
    Barry Gadgie Radge
    brizo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Upper Boswall/Trinity/Inverleith
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by azzuri hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard tonight that the new manager will be Paul Simpson formely of Carlisle and Preston will be the new man unvieled tomorrow.

    we all love speculation and dinnae know that much about Simpson to comment too much on him....but would doubt that there would be any announcements or unvieling on match day...........but you never know

  11. #11
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Mixu says it's a loada keech.


    Watch this space.







































































































































    What?


    It's just a feckin space, what did you expect?

  12. #12
    Radge Private Member
    hibeesfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mixu says it's a loada keech.


    Watch this space.







































































































































    What?


    It's just a feckin space, what did you expect?
    Mon the Hibs :Gunts:

  13. #13
    Administrator






    Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Leith.
    Posts
    46,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4939 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    1291

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Many spaces can we watch. This phone screen is tiny you know lol.


    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...
    They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.




    Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

  14. #14
    Heavenly Radge
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chim-chiminee
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by azzuri hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard tonight that the new manager will be Paul Simpson formely of Carlisle and Preston will be the new man unvieled tomorrow.
    That's about the most plausable suggestion for a manager I've read.
    I see another poster says Paul is a nice guy.
    Cheap and nice? Hey, that's all the credentials Tashio-nuts is looking for.
    Happy days are here again :YAYYY:

  15. #15
    Radge Private Member

    gragil69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Agreed....more plausible because he is currently unemployed..therefore no compensation, unlike Messers Ince, Hughes....and Mixu (not even gonna attempt the surname at this late hour)
    Just because you are not paranoid....doesnt mean the whole world isnt out to get you.......

  16. #16
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    I f......g well hope not
    Know quite a lot about Simmo living down hear and him previously playing for Man City and captained Blackpool where he was both well liked & respected as a player.
    Went into management at Carlisle where he did a good job and (i think) got them promoted from the bottom league. He was then 'poached' by Preston when Billy Davies left them for Derby and took preston from being play-off contenders last season to relegation fodder this!!
    Having met him once and listened to him on local sport radio a nicer man you'll never meet, however too nice , this critasism has been made that he was too nice and others, senior players, agents, club officials took advantage of this!
    NOT the man to take Hibs forward IMO

  17. #17
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by SeasideHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I f......g well hope not
    Know quite a lot about Simmo living down hear and him previously playing for Man City and captained Blackpool where he was both well liked & respected as a player.
    Went into management at Carlisle where he did a good job and (i think) got them promoted from the bottom league. He was then 'poached' by Preston when Billy Davies left them for Derby and took preston from being play-off contenders last season to relegation fodder this!!
    Having met him once and listened to him on local sport radio a nicer man you'll never meet, however too nice , this critasism has been made that he was too nice and others, senior players, agents, club officials took advantage of this!
    NOT the man to take Hibs forward IMO
    Actually he went in to management with Rochdale (player manager)

  18. #18
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    436

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by azzuri hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gave a lift home tonight from work to an English girl who had had a text from her mate down south saying her mates dad had been offered the hibs managers job, asked her to text back and ask who it was and Paul Simpson was the name given he will be offered it tomorrow, bizarre how it came around but if I was not giving her a lift she would not have thought anymore about mentioning it!
    BBC Scotland journalists have been reading your posts as they are quoting Paul Simpson as well.

    Poor guy he has no idea what he is letting himself in for.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

    Arrigo Sacchi

  19. #19
    metaller radge
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    maybe paul simpson does know more about hibs than we know aboot him? whoever the new guy is they deserve a decent shot at it.

  20. #20
    Heavenly Radge
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chim-chiminee
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BBC Scotland journalists have been reading your posts as they are quoting Paul Simpson as well.
    Poor guy he has no idea what he is letting himself in for.
    If Paul Simpson gets the 'nod from Rod' then I will give him a chance to prove himself however, please forgive me if I don't do somersaults of delight (a-la-Mixu) after the announcement.

  21. #21
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Paul Simpson gets the 'nod from Rod' then I will give him a chance to prove himself however, please forgive me if I don't do somersaults of delight (a-la-Mixu) after the announcement.
    Thats how I feel. Hard to get excited about someone I've never heard of. But good luck to him all the same if he gets it

  22. #22
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jedburgh
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    A like him, get him in

    PAUL SIMPSONS GREEN AND WHITE ARMY

  23. #23
    Radge Private Member

    striker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    craigentinny
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    19

    Angry Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by metaldave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    maybe paul simpson does know more about hibs than we know aboot him? whoever the new guy is they deserve a decent shot at it.
    Not good enough for HIBS . if a failure at a small club like pne he is no good to HIBSnews nownews now

  24. #24
    Skivin cooncil Radge
    greencol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    peterhead
    Posts
    7,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    405

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    His managerial CV hardly inspires.

    A year with Rochdale. Lost plenty. Ok new to management so we'll give him the benefit of doubt.

    3 years with Carlisle. Bit more credible.

    18 months at Deepdale. MOR stuff. Sold players & didn't get to replace them.A hero to Rod already.

    This guy could be anything.
    Ever play this game chief?

  25. #25
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    726 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1016

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Just been told it is definitely Simpson.
    Confirmed by an SPL club employee

  26. #26
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by greencol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His managerial CV hardly inspires.

    A year with Rochdale. Lost plenty. Ok new to management so we'll give him the benefit of doubt.

    3 years with Carlisle. Bit more credible.

    18 months at Deepdale. MOR stuff. Sold players & didn't get to replace them.A hero to Rod already.

    This guy could be anything.
    He actually did pretty well with all the teams at least initially , has done more than Mixu imo .
    Just spoke with someone who thinks he's the next manager too

  27. #27
    Radge Donator
    shandongreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    West of mad vlads circus
    Posts
    4,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He actually did pretty well with all the teams at least initially , has done more than Mixu imo .
    Just spoke with someone who thinks he's the next manager too
    7/4 fav and at game...............

  28. #28
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by shandongreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    7/4 fav and at game...............
    And 100% in Edinburgh last night

  29. #29
    Radge Private Member

    striker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    craigentinny
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by shandongreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    7/4 fav and at game...............
    This is ruining my holiday NOT GOOD enough

  30. #30
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by greencol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His managerial CV hardly inspires.

    A year with Rochdale. Lost plenty. Ok new to management so we'll give him the benefit of doubt.

    3 years with Carlisle. Bit more credible.

    18 months at Deepdale. MOR stuff. Sold players & didn't get to replace them.A hero to Rod already.

    This guy could be anything.

  31. #31
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by striker9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is ruining my holiday NOT GOOD enough
    How the hell can you say that ? Who should it be in your opinion ?

  32. #32
    Twitching radge


    Bill Oddies Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northern Britain (thanks to Unionist bastards)
    Posts
    7,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    RP must be cummin in his pants if he's got this guy.

  33. #33
    Radge Donator
    shandongreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    West of mad vlads circus
    Posts
    4,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    agreed,same $#@! but diffo name..couldnt face another away game so thought id be a radio listener today and bring a change of luck....

  34. #34
    I'm a Radge Donator


    eckmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Posts
    1,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by striker9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not good enough for HIBS . if a failure at a small club like pne he is no good to HIBSnews nownews now
    here we go again! explain what makes hibs a bigger club than PNE? kev1875, who lives in Preston would tend to disagree.
    "history is the foundation upon which the future is built"

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by brianmac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RP must be cummin in his pants if he's got this guy.
    Much CHEAPNESS. That's ultimately all that matters..

  36. #36
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by eckmf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    here we go again! explain what makes hibs a bigger club than PNE? kev1875, who lives in Preston would tend to disagree.
    Aye a failure at a small club . Alex Ferguson got punted fae the mighty St Mirren did he no

  37. #37
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye a failure at a small club . Alex Ferguson got punted fae the mighty St Mirren did he no
    This gadgie must have a lot of knowledge of the Scottish game..

    Have we ever appointed a manager in our history with such little knowledge and experience of the Scottish game?

    Cheap option. Sack the board.

  38. #38
    Radge Donator
    shandongreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    West of mad vlads circus
    Posts
    4,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by eckmf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    here we go again! explain what makes hibs a bigger club than PNE? kev1875, who lives in Preston would tend to disagree.
    are rangers bigger than spurs ? alan hutton thinks so but most of us dont.

    opinions thats all.

  39. #39
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This gadgie must have a lot of knowledge of the Scottish game..

    Have we ever appointed a manager in our history with such little knowledge and experience of the Scottish game?

    Cheap option. Sack the board.
    What was Fergies knowledge of England ?
    Just cos you've never heard of him doesn't mean he's $#@!e.
    Who would your choice be ?

  40. #40
    Radge Donator
    shandongreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    West of mad vlads circus
    Posts
    4,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was Fergies knowledge of England ?
    Just cos you've never heard of him doesn't mean he's $#@!e.
    Who would your choice be ?
    forza i know your looking for smurf to answer,but imo i dont think it really matters at the moment !! massive transition period coming as we know he (RP) aint going to spend ,so were waiting on the next great crop, as slight famine on just now..........

  41. #41
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by shandongreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    forza i know your looking for smurf to answer,but imo i dont think it really matters at the moment !! massive transition period coming as we know he (RP) aint going to spend ,so were waiting on the next great crop, as slight famine on just now..........
    So if it doesn't matter how can he be the wrong man
    Is Mixu a great choice because he played for us ? he's done nothing else to support his appointment

  42. #42
    Radge Donator
    shandongreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    West of mad vlads circus
    Posts
    4,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if it doesn't matter how can he be the wrong man
    Is Mixu a great choice because he played for us ? he's done nothing else to support his appointment
    no,as i stated mixu,yogi ,fergie or simpson it wont matter !! i'd still rather have JC !!!!! i think were struggling and have done for a while and i go to virtually every game,it wont change my allegiance in any way,but its not LE GOD we need its a miracle worker........

  43. #43
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by shandongreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no,as i stated mixu,yogi ,fergie or simpson it wont matter !! i'd still rather have JC !!!!! i think were struggling and have done for a while and i go to virtually every game,it wont change my allegiance in any way,but its not LE GOD we need its a miracle worker........
    Aye you're quite right

  44. #44
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was Fergies knowledge of England ?
    Just cos you've never heard of him doesn't mean he's $#@!e.
    Who would your choice be ?
    I think there's a HUGE difference between Fergie going to Man Utd.. For a start Man Utd were a proper football club with the infrastructure of a football club. Huge scouting networks etc.

    I'm not saying he's a $#@!e manager. However, his record at Preston doesn't excite me if truth be told... All very well pointing out that he had his top players sold from him at Preston as an excuse for his horrendous results but didn't Johnny Collins experience the same in his year at ER? In that year JC won a trophy and raised our SPL position...

    My choice would have been Yogi Hughes. Proven track record. But he's not a Yes man. As far as Rod Petrie's concerned that ruled him out.

    Anyway, regardless to whoever was going to get the job what hope have they got with this board of ours.

    At the end Mowbray couldn't get out quick enough thanks to Petrie's broken promises. JC resigned and walked.

    Thank you for your efforts Sir Tom but you've no real interest in football. Your interest in Hibs won't extend to you taken up an official role. You've your guy in place in Rod Petrie. He too is no football man.

    It's time to move on.

    Sir Tom & Rod = Transient.
    Hibernian Football Club = Permanent.
    The supporters of Hibernian Football Club = Permanent.

  45. #45
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess

    chez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Muirhouse, Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Only hope that Paul Simpson proves, with time, that Petrie made the right choice. Personally, would've rather had Yogi, however, that would've meant Petrie eating humble pie - a no no - not sure he's ever eaten a Scotch one



    A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE -
    IT WORKS ONLY WHEN OPEN






  46. #46
    Juvenile Radge
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my house
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    doesnt matter who gets it we HAVE to give him a chance, obviously he's not our (i mean the fans) 1st choice but give the man a chance before we rate him

  47. #47
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Having read a few articles/interviews about his time at PNE the fact he semmed to divide the dressing room and alienate some of the supporters worries me. We can't afford to get this decision wrong...along with a mediocre managerial record I'm not convinved he is the right man...no compo tho' so that miserly **** Petrie will no doubt be turning cartwheels.

  48. #48
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having read a few articles/interviews about his time at PNE the fact he semmed to divide the dressing room and alienate some of the supporters worries me. We can't afford to get this decision wrong...along with a mediocre managerial record I'm not convinved he is the right man...no compo tho' so that miserly **** Petrie will no doubt be turning cartwheels.
    Lots of other candidates such as Mixu & Yogi have far more impressive credentials...

    But these kind of candidates need a bit of compensation...

    This 'record' of his time at PNE concerns me..

    http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/North-End...get.3621685.jp

  49. #49
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of other candidates such as Mixu & Yogi have far more impressive credentials...

    This 'record' of his time at PNE concerns me..

    http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/North-End...get.3621685.jp
    Can i just ask what exactly has Mixu done as a manager ?

  50. #50
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can i just ask what exactly has Mixu done as a manager ?
    Most successful Cowdenbeath boss ever..

    Successful in Finland. It appears to me he's served his apprenticeship with success...

    Knows the Scottish game. Knows Hibs.

    Is there any evidence to suggest he's an inferior candidate?

    Apart from yet to experience losing a dressing room, falling out with supporters and taking a successful side from the top of the Championhip to the bottom, blaming your board for selling a few of your better players and not reinvesting and getting sacked...

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Can we win the tie tomorrow?
    By hibby fan in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-08-10, 15:27
  2. Tomorrow is a big day for us!
    By Hibs12thMan in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-10, 13:36
  3. under 19s tomorrow
    By Nikki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-09, 19:42
  4. 19s tomorrow
    By Nikki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-08-09, 21:14
  5. How many going tomorrow
    By Panchohfc in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-03-08, 09:56

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •